Bridgewater: Not first rounder to several teams

"Several" NFL teams do not have a first-round grade on Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater, according to NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah.

"I have Bridgewater as a top 10 talent in this draft but I know several teams that don't view him as a 1st round player," Jeremiah tweeted. We aren't exactly sure what several means, but the fact that multiple teams do not consider Bridgewater a top talent is noteworthy."

http://www.rotoworld...ddy-bridgewater

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It just goes to show you that the idea that there's some "consensus" about where a QB should be drafted is a lot of hogwash. My guess is that unless we're talking a Peyton or Luck type prospect teams vary widely on their QB grades.

It just goes to show you that the idea that there's some "consensus" about where a QB should be drafted is a lot of hogwash. My guess is that unless we're talking a Peyton or Luck type prospect teams vary widely on their QB grades.

You're exactly right. We may have had Manuel higher than others but could have been lower. We may have been laughing that someone traded with us to get Austin. I would guess there's more disparity than agreement on most picks.

It never fails. The talk of the next year of QB prospects will be better than the one before it. Then draft time comes and the players start getting picked apart and don't look so great anymore. But don't worry. The next draft's class of Qbs will be even stronger. :flirt:

When it's all over with, barring injuries (a big factor), the QB from the weak class (EJ) will stack up quite well with the Qbs from the strong class (this year's group).

Let the games begin!

GO BILLS!!!

Disagree. All GMs tell the truth during the draft process. They would be especially honest to the media because it's in their team's best interest to reveal their plans pre-draft.

This time last year Geno smith was still the consensus #1 overall pick on a lot of the first mock drafts that came out. I know the free agency / trade market played some part in his slide with Alex Smith and Carson Palmer going to QB needy teams... but everyone at the moment is fixated on 4 QBs going before Buffalo picks... maybe they will... but wouldn't surprise me at all if one or two of them slide.

Edited by GunnerBill

It never fails. The talk of the next year of QB prospects will be better than the one before it. Then draft time comes and the players start getting picked apart and don't look so great anymore. But don't worry. The next draft's class of Qbs will be even stronger. :flirt:

When it's all over with, barring injuries (a big factor), the QB from the weak class (EJ) will stack up quite well with the Qbs from the strong class (this year's group).

Disagree. All GMs tell the truth during the draft process. They would be especially honest to the media because it's in their team's best interest to reveal their plans pre-draft.

LIke Buddy said, "We're all trying to rob the same train."

GO BILLS!!!

This time last year Geno smith was still the consensus #1 overall pick on a lot of the first mock drafts that came out. I know the free agency / trade market played some part in his slide with Alex Smith and Carson Palmer going to QB needy teams... but everyone at the moment is fixated on 4 QBs going before Buffalo picks... maybe they will... but wouldn't surprise me at all if one or two of them slide.

Draft QBs are like a hot chick at a bar. You met her and get really excited. Then you go on a few dates and you start seeing her flaws. Then you start questioning whether or not you want a serious relationship with her.

The biggest joke is that somehow Blake Bortles is being talked about as a top 10 pick. He doesn't do one thing better than EJ and he played a crap schedule. He's the perfect Jags' QB.

"Several" NFL teams do not have a first-round grade on Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater, according to NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah.

"I have Bridgewater as a top 10 talent in this draft but I know several teams that don't view him as a 1st round player," Jeremiah tweeted. We aren't exactly sure what several means, but the fact that multiple teams do not consider Bridgewater a top talent is noteworthy."

http://www.rotoworld...ddy-bridgewater

I wonder how many of these teams are leaking false information hoping that Bridgewater will fall to them later in the first. Similar to Buddy leaking that Glenn could only play guard.

Edit: After reading other post I realize that others made a similar comment.

Edited by auburnbillsbacker

I wonder how many of these teams are leaking false information hoping that Bridgewater will fall to them later in the first. Similar to Buddy leaking that Glenn could only play guard.

Well draft expert Mel Kiper also said Glenn couldn't play LT. His draft grade on the Bills was lower because they didn't listen to him and go by his board.

You're exactly right. We may have had Manuel higher than others but could have been lower. We may have been laughing that someone traded with us to get Austin. I would guess there's more disparity than agreement on most picks.

In large part I think it has to do with how the player fits into the system being ran...for instance, certain players who are very good fits in one system would be terrible fits in another system and it would make no sense for that team to draft them regardless of how good they were...

Draft QBs are like a hot chick at a bar. You met her and get really excited. Then you go on a few dates and you start seeing her flaws. Then you start questioning whether or not you want a serious relationship with her.

The biggest joke is that somehow Blake Bortles is being talked about as a top 10 pick. He doesn't do one thing better than EJ and he played a crap schedule. He's the perfect Jags' QB.

He avoids knee injuries better. Fact

In large part I think it has to do with how the player fits into the system being ran...for instance, certain players who are very good fits in one system would be terrible fits in another system and it would make no sense for that team to draft them regardless of how good they were...

Yes. I think Bill Polian put it very well when they interviewed him on PTI last night and asked him about mock drafts and big boards in January by "draft experts." He said that no one but the actual NFL teams have access to about40% of the information about these players. Pertaining to physical, psychological tests, etc. Also, once the college season ends and the all-star games, combine, evaluation begins is when you see players start to move around on team's board as they assess whether the it their particular system, personnel, climate, etc. EJ is a great example of that. Draft experts watching him play his regular season games may say he is a 3rd-4th round pick. An NFL team who evaluates him down the tiniest piece of info related to their own unique situation and needs may rate him 1st on their board (or 25th).

How can that be a fact when he hasn't played an NFL down yet? EJ avoided them in college too. Apples to oranges.

Those who can do. Those who can't pretend they can on ESPN.

Don't get me wrong. I give him respect for making a lot of money off this. But his resume is a joke. With today's technology and the amount of games on tv, he's not more qualified than some posters here.

I'd love to see some team hire Kiper and see how he performs when he is held accountable. That would be very interesting.

Can't argue that except EJ really didn't get hurt in college either. But EJ needs to learn to avoid hits. Wilson is probably the best at the league at avoiding hits.