Dareus named PFF All-Pro

Wait, who votes for these awards? What are their qualifications? After all, voters for the All-Pro team put Jason Peters in.

I'm being sarcastic, but PFF pales in comparison as far as credibility to the All-Pro or even Pro Bowl voting.

I still suspect Marrone will advise Whaley that Dareus does not fit into their plans and try to move him for a mid round pick.

I think Dareus is going to really surprise people with how well he plays. He does not seem to have the huge heart Fred Jackson does and he doesn't seem to have the character of Kyle Wiliams, but Dareus does have a ton of talent and that alone could make him among the best in the game. With some maturity he will shirley develop as he gets older he could easily become the best at his position in the game today.

I watched a lot of him in the offseason, his first and second year, and I could see where he was good and where he was bad. As long as you don't expect him to sit there and take a beating by plugging holes he will churn you out some good numbers. He is a great DL that tweens between a DT, NT and DE. I hope to see him more as a hybrid DT/DE next year where we get a new LB that can be like Watt in Houston or Freeney in Indy.

Wait, who votes for these awards? What are their qualifications? After all, voters for the All-Pro team put Jason Peters in.

I'm being sarcastic, but PFF pales in comparison as far as credibility to the All-Pro or even Pro Bowl voting.

I still suspect Marrone will advise Whaley that Dareus does not fit into their plans and try to move him for a mid round pick.

That would be a terrible, terrible personnel move and do nothing to improve this team so I guess there is a chance it happens.

Marcel Dareus came into the NFL as a 20 year old.

I've posted before the incredible fact that even as a 3rd year player, he is only 6 days older than our rookie QB.

This kid has improved every year and I look for him to continue to improve and mature.

Kudos to Marcel on an excellent year.

I've posted before the incredible fact that even as a 3rd year player, he is only 6 days older than our rookie QB.

This kid has improved every year and I look for him to continue to improve and mature.

There's something about him that worries me he is going to be a MONSTER in a contract year but might not in the years after. Hopefully he proves me right on the first half and wrong on the second.

Can you imagine if they keep Crossman and move Dareus? lol

Edited by vincec

No way. Dareus still has upside. Keep in mind this was a new system.

AJ Green - 98 rec., 1,426 yards, 11 TDs

Top 4 Bills receivers:

Chandler - 53 rec, 655 yds, 2 TD

Stevie - 52 rec, 597 yds, 3 TD

Woods - 40 rec, 587 yds, 3 TD,

Freddie - 47, 387 yds, 1 TD

Combined: 192 rec, 2,226, 9 TDs

AJ Green might have added 2-3 wins based on his redzone production alone in close games. I don't think Dareus added that much to the team. He's a good player but he's not a top 10 NFL player, which Green is.

bull ****. We should cut him now. Because he's silly and late sometimes, and he appears fat, or something.

SEND A MESSAGE

bull ****. We should cut him now. Because he's silly and late sometimes, and he appears fat, or something.

SEND A MESSAGE

I know you're being sarcastic but there's a huge difference between a #3 overall pick & an undrafted player.

I think Dareus has a ton on his mind and he is struggling mentally with everything he has dealt with. At the same point, this is his job & he needs to be a professional. How would your boss treat you if you kept rolling in late? My guess is you won't have a job.

Big improvement on the field (not off) but I'd still rather have AJ Green

Typical Bills fan, Chicken Little 'sky is falling' response: 'Dareus, ALL PRO? Yeah, okayy, but I'd rather have a different all pro' (i.e AJ Green). How about GREAT, we've got a killer DT, let's build some MORE building blocks through FA or the draft! (Like Sammy Watkins, for example).

Typical Bills fan, Chicken Little 'sky is falling' response: 'Dareus, ALL PRO? Yeah, okayy, but I'd rather have a different all pro' (i.e AJ Green). How about GREAT, we've got a killer DT, let's build some MORE building blocks through FA or the draft! (Like Sammy Watkins, for example).

At the draft I wanted Cam, Von, or Dareus and I was fine with his selection. The absurd amount of talent that went immediately after him will allow people to question his selection no matter what he does on the field. As others have pointed out he entered the league at a very young age compared to other players and he will continue to improve. Signing him to a long term deal this offseason would be ideal, trading him for a mid round pick would only weaken the team.

Top 4 Bills receivers:

AJ Green might have added 2-3 wins based on his redzone production alone in close games. I don't think Dareus added that much to the team. He's a good player but he's not a top 10 NFL player, which Green is.

You can't quote WR stats when we had at 3 different QB's play during the season (granted, Tuel was just half the Cleveland game). I mean you can, but it's just silly.

At the draft I wanted Cam, Von, or Dareus and I was fine with his selection. The absurd amount of talent that went immediately after him will allow people to question his selection no matter what he does on the field. As others have pointed out he entered the league at a very young age compared to other players and he will continue to improve. Signing him to a long term deal this offseason would be ideal, trading him for a mid round pick would only weaken the team.

No reason to sign him now, play thru 2014 and see what you have. Bills have an option on him for 2015

Top 4 Bills receivers:

Absolutely correct. Even if Dareus was a perennial all-pro, which he certainly isn't at this point, he would never approach the impact that a player like AJ Green has. There are only a few WRs like Green in the league. They make the entire offense better by forcing the defense to account for them on every single play. Like it or not, in the NFL today it is much better to have one of the top three receivers in the game than one of the top three defensive tackles (not that Dareus is one of the top three).

I think if you're gonna talk about comparables and character, Vince Wilfork might be a reasonable one. He's not a choirboy - kind of a dirt bag if not playing on your team - but he's got to be accounted for at all times and makes a defense better.

I don't think Marcel is necessarily a jerk in the same way, just for the record.

You can't quote WR stats when we had at 3 different QB's play during the season (granted, Tuel was just half the Cleveland game). I mean you can, but it's just silly.

If AJ Green has another 6+ seasons like his first 3 he is in the NFL Hall of Fame. If Dareus has another 6+ seasons like his first 3 he is a marginal candidate (and probably on the outside looking in) for the Bills Wall of Fame. Big difference

If AJ Green has another 6+ seasons like his first 3 he is in the NFL Hall of Fame. If Dareus has another 6+ seasons like his first 3 he is a marginal candidate (and probably on the outside looking in) for the Bills Wall of Fame. Big difference

Green is a beast no doubt. But it's worth noting that Warren Sapp had 22.5 sacks his first 3 years as a DT, which is amazing. Dareus has had 18.5 and there still is a ton of room for growth. And Sapp was much more important to the Bucs winning a SB than Keyshawn Johnson.

I think Dareus is going to really surprise people with how well he plays. He does not seem to have the huge heart Fred Jackson does and he doesn't seem to have the character of Kyle Wiliams, but Dareus does have a ton of talent and that alone could make him among the best in the game. With some maturity he will shirley develop as he gets older he could easily become the best at his position in the game today.

I watched a lot of him in the offseason, his first and second year, and I could see where he was good and where he was bad. As long as you don't expect him to sit there and take a beating by plugging holes he will churn you out some good numbers. He is a great DL that tweens between a DT, NT and DE. I hope to see him more as a hybrid DT/DE next year where we get a new LB that can be like Watt in Houston or Freeney in Indy.

Don't call him Shirley!

I know you're being sarcastic but there's a huge difference between a #3 overall pick & an undrafted player.

I think Dareus has a ton on his mind and he is struggling mentally with everything he has dealt with. At the same point, this is his job & he needs to be a professional. How would your boss treat you if you kept rolling in late? My guess is you won't have a job.

He played at arguably a probowl level this year. You don't do that while being "lazy". He showed up late to some meetings, that'll be fixed. People wanting him off this team, or accusing him of being Haynesworth or whatever, are jumping the shark.

He played at arguably a probowl level this year. You don't do that while being "lazy". He showed up late to some meetings, that'll be fixed. People wanting him off this team, or accusing him of being Haynesworth or whatever, are jumping the shark.

Agreed and that's crazy. Like I said, I think the guy has gone through more death than most human have their entire lives. But the next step is becoming more professional and getting himself in great shape. The guy has Warren Sapp ability and still has a ton of room for growth.

Green is a beast no doubt. But it's worth noting that Warren Sapp had 22.5 sacks his first 3 years as a DT, which is amazing. Dareus has had 18.5 and there still is a ton of room for growth. And Sapp was much more important to the Bucs winning a SB than Keyshawn Johnson.

I like dareus, and at the time was in the dareus over green camp but with hindsight being 20/20 I'd say I was wrong. Not that dareus is bad - I just don't think he's a better or more valuable player than green.

I think if there was a redraft today green would still be in that elite top 5-6 group and dareus would likely end up more towards the teens (without looking at a list, just using the numbers as a loose framework to help qualify the type of players I see them as)

That said, I think dareus has a lot of potential that could still be unlocked and he could make it an interesting debate down the line potentially.

Did you just compare AJ Green to Meshawn? :lol: