Opinion on the suits?

The suits in postgame pressers - like it or dont?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. What is your opinion on the players wearing suits in postgame pressers

• I like it - helps us look and act professional
    • Neither like nor dislike - they can afford the threads
    • Seriously man? This isn't college or high school

Voted don't care. Whatever makes the team collectively stronger.

I believe I have seen this from ravens, patriots and others.

Most of these players are kids. 24 year olds aren't world apartd from 20 year olds especially I am seeing with the newer generations.

Iagree, plus usually these guys like to dress that way

Let em wear what they want. They're athletes, not execs.

Not execs, but when they go before the cameras, they are the faces of the franchise.

I think it ties in well with Marrone's desire to have Buffalo viewed as a professional, first class organization in everything they do.

It's a new era, and I'm all for it.

My daughter is playing basketball for her school team for the first time this year and is already pissing and moaning about having to "dress up" game days :)

I'm neutral about the concept myself. I can't see where it would help anything, but don't see where it would hurt either.

It's bad form to make the players do it and then the coach shows up in a sweat suit (or whatever he was wearing.) The rule should apply to all.

That's a very valid point.

Edited by CodeMonkey

It's bad form to make the players do it and then the coach shows up in a sweat suit (or whatever he was wearing.) The rule should apply to all.

Very good point. Personally if I'm a coach, I'd rock a suit. Looks so classy.

And the NBA went to a dress code and the players hated it at first. Now, they challenge each other to see who dresses the best. It also sets a great example for young people. I just hope Mario doesn't try this look: esq-dwyane-wade-capri-pants-051413-xlg.jpg

I like the professionalism. I've got nothing negative to say about it.

Then you get the hell off this board right now. No one likes that positive crap around these parts.

Very good point. Personally if I'm a coach, I'd rock a suit. Looks so classy.

And the NBA went to a dress code and the players hated it at first. Now, they challenge each other to see who dresses the best. It also sets a great example for young people. I just hope Mario doesn't try this look: esq-dwyane-wade-capri-pants-051413-xlg.jpg

Then you get the hell off this board right now. No one likes that positive crap around these parts.

Are those clam diggers?? Pedal pushers???

Meh, the guy was an absolute wreck after the game in his presser over the death of his friend. The issue of what the coach wears in the presser is not important.

Tom-Brady-Wes-Welker.jpg

ewwwwwwwwwww

OK, once is an occurance, twice is a pattern.

Marrone is having the players dress up in suits and ties to give post game pressers.

Does anyone else in the NFL do this?

I don't suppose the players will give a cr** as long as they keep winning, but what do you think of this practice?

Isn't it common for post game interviews ? other than Bellyache that is.

Meh, the guy was an absolute wreck after the game in his presser over the death of his friend. The issue of what the coach wears in the presser is not important.

ewwwwwwwwwww

dumb and dumber ..... but which is which... and do their wives dress them?

During his presser, he mentioned that he was concerned about being fined if he removed the sweatsuit. Given that coaches are required to wear team gear on the sidelines, rather than suits--a rule that I always have hated--it may be that he is not permitted to wear a suit during the presser. I don't know; it just may be.

During his presser, he mentioned that he was concerned about being fined if he removed the sweatsuit. Given that coaches are required to wear team gear on the sidelines, rather than suits--a rule that I always have hated--it may be that he is not permitted to wear a suit during the presser. I don't know; it just may be.

I am fairly certain that his outfit was the least of his concerns.

This is more the issue. Guys are required to "model" (if you will) certain NFL apparrell every week.

Remember a few years ago when Jack Del Rio and Mike Nolan wanted to wear a suit on the sideline to honor (IIRC) a coach that they were linked to, over the years, who had passed away. The NFL made a huge issue of it..they could not wear suits on the sideline, unless they were designed by Nike (or whoever was liscenced to do NFL apparel at the time)...so they ended up wearing these kind of hybird dress suit/sweat suits... I also remember Dan Reeves, always one of the more dignified gentlemen of the NFL, being forced to stop wearing suits on the sidelines (something had always done, like his coach Tom Landry) in favor of NFL liscenced togs. Its' the NFL, virtually everything is liscenced, purchased and sold.

I may be wrong, but I dont' think the NFL requires that players wear suits after the game...I think that is up to the player, but notice Stevie still has to wear his NFL apparrel...his hat.

With this I agree

As has been pointed out in this thread, head coaches are mandated to wear NFL approved merchandise.

The Del Rio/Nolan thing happened in 2005. At the time the NFL had Nike (it would have to be Reebok now) design approved NFL blazers. However the NFL stipulated that the coaches could wear these only twice per season.

It is ironic that Marrone can require that his players dress in suits but that he himself can't.

As such it is not an instance of a double standard or any hypocrisy on Marrone's part.

You're probably right.