Another damned Tebow thread

dorquemada

Didn't see this posted yet;

http://tracking.si.c...t2_a7&eref=sihp

Basically, after the Patz cut Tebow, another team showed interest in him, but only if he would consider playing another position. Tebow said no, he'd rather play QB in the Arena League.

I wondered if it was the Bills looking for a TE/FB type, seems unlikely, probably more likely it was someone who would see him as a draw for fans, maybe Jacksonville?

It's almost too bad, I think he could make a pretty good TE with some decent intangibles.

edit for hurr durr

Edited by dorquemada

Where does it say he would rather play in the arena league? What I read said he has no interest in playing anywhere but the NFL.

"Tebow isn’t ready to give up on returning to the NFL, retire, or accept any offer to play for the Canadian Football League or Arena Football League."

Where does it say he would rather play in the arena league? What I read said he has no interest in playing anywhere but the NFL.

"Tebow isn’t ready to give up on returning to the NFL, retire, or accept any offer to play for the Canadian Football League or Arena Football League."

Ha you're right. It's hard to read on the internet </jauron>

That's pretty dumb of Tebow...he could at least take an offer to be TE (If it's even true he got an offer) and work on his QB skills in the process...because right now it's not looking like he's worth a dime as QB so he might as well count his losses and switch positions

Why do people think he can play TE in the NFL? And why assume the Bills were that team?

PTR

I said in my post that I thought it unlikely that it was the Bills, but was curious nonetheless. It's not like we have any TEs that are going to light up the league as it stands today, which demonstrates the need, not saying Tebow could fill it.

Well he does have a TE body, we know he can't play QB worth a damn.....

His best position might be fullback, but his dumb ass won't make a position change to try to save his NFL career.

I could see him as a Tight End. Tebow's a big guy and he could easily take on linebackers in this league.

The guy can play football, he's just not suited to be a QB in this league.

Why do people think he can play TE in the NFL? And why assume the Bills were that team?

PTR

The Bills have already stated that they are not interested. As to Tebow playing TE, a number of college QBs have been converted to WR, why is it such a reach that Tebow could be converted to TE?

Tebow refuses to change positions and does not want to plan in the CFL. Well that says he will never play in the NFL gain unless he humbles himself and gets a personal QB coach and maybe talk to another running southpaw like Steve Young. Young was considered a bust until year 6 of his career. I am sure Mr young can give insight and tips on how to be a better QB. A coach can break some of his bad habits and improve his mechanics. Until then, Mr Tebow will be one of those guys that NFL films does a story on one year wonders.

At this stage in the game he's in no position to hold out for what he wants. Take what you can get, or you're out of the game. If by a miracle some team takes you as a QB, it's only going to be a backup position and you're gonna be riding the pine 95% of the time.

Meanwhile, has there ever been any fullbacks who could throw a surprise pass here and there? (I know, every throw with Tebow is a surprise...)

Yep, Tebow is so horrible that 3 NFL teams took a chance on him. He must suck so much. Let's berate him.

Three NFL teams also gave up on him. Nobody is berating him. It's the obvious reaction to the years of pushing the Tebow story on everybody who follows college and professional football. Is it fair to him? Maybe not, but he certainly benefitted from it when the all the news was positive. What goes up must come down.

Yes he does suck that bad. The jesus crap only makes it worse. The fact he is gay and doesn't come out of the closet is annoying. Perhaps his only redeeming quality is his self awareness that he can't play any position other QB. He is not tall enough or fast enough or big enough to play anything else. He was a great college football player. He can be a hero for other gay players if he admits he is gay. Until then he is an out of work jesus freak who's peak in life occurred at age 22. He has achieved great things in life already. I just hope he can live without the crowds and the adulation. I think he will hit rock bottom in 2 years when he is caught in a park late at night.

Bottom line is the guy finds ways to win & i believe this is the perfect underdog scenario , the guy will give 900% all the time , he proved in Denver that he could do it but i think Elways ego was to big for the both of them what would have been the best thing for him but to sit behind Peyton & learn .

But as i said Elway is the legend in Denver & didn't want to have the pressure that comes along with what Teabow brings i think he screwed up it could have been a win win for Denver & for Teabow to sit & learn behind a guy like Peyton ...

Bottom line is the guy finds ways to win & i believe this is the perfect underdog scenario , the guy will give 900% all the time , he proved in Denver that he could do it but i think Elways ego was to big for the both of them what would have been the best thing for him but to sit behind Peyton & learn .

But as i said Elway is the legend in Denver & didn't want to have the pressure that comes along with what Teabow brings i think he screwed up it could have been a win win for Denver & for Teabow to sit & learn behind a guy like Peyton ...

He proved in Denver he could be awful for three and half quarters, let the defense keep them in the game, and then have one or two good drives. I will not dimiss his drive and energy. Have no issues there. His throw in OT to beat Pittsburgh was perfect. So was Fitz's throw that Stevie dropped that would have beat Pittsburgh in OT. I'm kind of shocked a team like Seattle or San Francisco doesn't bring him in. If either starter was hurt they woudl not have to change the entire offense for him to play. New England, Indy, and Atlanta with classic drop back QB's seem the least liekly places he would succeed. Have no idea what the Belichick was thinking but his FO moves ahve been horrible for 3-4 years now.

Yes he does suck that bad. The jesus crap only makes it worse. The fact he is gay and doesn't come out of the closet is annoying. Perhaps his only redeeming quality is his self awareness that he can't play any position other QB. He is not tall enough or fast enough or big enough to play anything else. He was a great college football player. He can be a hero for other gay players if he admits he is gay. Until then he is an out of work jesus freak who's peak in life occurred at age 22. He has achieved great things in life already. I just hope he can live without the crowds and the adulation. I think he will hit rock bottom in 2 years when he is caught in a park late at night.

Are you simple?

Oh Canada ....

I love Tebow's spirit, work ethic and leadership but he needs to consider Canada or Arena if he wants to get back into the NFL as a QB.

PTR

Lots of QBs switch to TE, he can run like a tank, knows the routes and with his talent and drive he could easily make the transition.

My guess is that you'll soon see him in Martial Arts films.

Tebow as an MMA Heavy weight would be awesome (meaning cool) and a HUGE draw

You have "touched" on the point of him being gay two times in this relatively short post...am i missing something here...

The other day you made a comment about Jim Leonard not being good because, I believe your words were, "he is too white" but I may be misstating that one. But definitely a comment about skin color...

What's the deal? That speaks volumes to the maturity level with which you are working.

Wether or not Tebow is gay, and Leonard is white, black, or hell even blue for that matter is completely irrelevant to their abilities athletically. If you don't care for somebody's skill set at least use an argument with valid points... He's gay, or he's white, just leaves me to wondering what on earth that has to do with anything Buffalo Bills, or even football related for that matter. Or is that the kind of well educated, informative responses that we can come to expect day in and day out? Again, I'm just wondering.

Edited by FLbills

My guess is that tebow made up this latest BS to stay in the headlines. No one offered this clown anything. What a mistake Denver made trading this guy, Manning only threw 7 TD's thursday against the SB champs.

Tebow should focus on the CFL or try and get a speaking gig on ESPN.

Still don't understand why the Broncos ditched Tebow for Peyton Manning. I mean, Tebow won a playoff game for them and Manning couldn't, right? The kid's a winner.

Edited by metzelaars_lives