Bills to sign K Dan Carpenter

FluffHead

It's gotta be the trainers/strength and conditioning program. These guys are always pulling groins and hamstrings, it's like they aren't stretched out and as flexible as they need to be. We seem to have more injuries than any other team every year

Wait, you forgot to suggest bringing back Rusty Jones.

GO BILLS!!!

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But that doesn't fit the narrative.

GO BILLS!!!

Coach and his ilk declared the Bills a Mickey Mouse operation years ago. Any added grist for their crap mill is always welcomed.

GO BILLS!!!

Are the Bills to be blamed because their kicker got injured? Of course not.

But they should stop drafting kickers. They're wasted picks. Most teams do not draft their kickers. There is no reason to do so. The Bills have done it for two consecutive years and neither kicker has been able to contribute. I didn't like the picks at the time, and nothing that has happened has changed my mind on that. Sign kickers off of the street. Stop drafting them.

The Bills signed two players today - a safety and a kicker. They drafted two safeties and a kicker this year. They did not draft a guard, and they're still scrambling to fill the LG slot (and backup swing spot). Neither of the two safeties they drafted this year look like players, to the point where the organization felt it needed to add a guy off of the street today to man the position. They've drafted two decent safeties in the past several years and then decided both of them were asking too much for their services. So instead they keep drafting more safeties to replace them. Both years they've drafted a kicker when they had a perfectly decent kicker already in the fold. It's just silly. Kickers and safeties, instead of guards and linebackers. It's not how I'd build a football team but hey, I guess I'm just too negative.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

But they should stop drafting kickers. They're wasted picks. Most teams do not draft their kickers. There is no reason to do so. The Bills have done it for two consecutive years and neither kicker has been able to contribute. I didn't like the picks at the time, and nothing that has happened has changed my mind on that. Sign kickers off of the street. Stop drafting them.

The Bills signed two players today - a safety and a kicker. They drafted two safeties and a kicker this year. They did not draft a guard, and they're still scrambling to fill the LG slot (and backup swing spot). Neither of the two safeties they drafted this year look like players, to the point where the organization felt it needed to add a guy off of the street today to man the position. They've drafted two decent safeties in the past several years and then decided both of them were asking too much for their services. So instead they keep drafting more safeties to replace them. Both years they've drafted a kicker when they had a perfectly decent kicker already in the fold. It's just silly. Kickers and safeties, instead of guards and linebackers. It's not how I'd build a football team but hey, I guess I'm just too negative.

You could get more respect if you just manned up & admire you jumped the gun to bash the Bills.

And that Mickey Mouse organization, the Pats, drafted a kicker in the 4th round.

Actually, many teams do draft kickers. Hopkins was a good pick and there was nothing wrong with drafting him where they did - whether you personally agree with it or not. He got injured today. The two safeties they picked are still on the team and have promise. However, they are still rookies and the strong veteran presence (not to mention an actual body on the field) they felt they would have in Byrd is questionable for the game. Hence the signings of Leonard and Carpenter. They serve a momentary purpose. Easy to understand. Unlike this post...

You could get more respect if you just manned up & admire you jumped the gun to bash the Bills.

And that Mickey Mouse organization, the Pats, drafted a kicker in the 4th round.

Go back and re-read the thread. I was the first one who predicted it was because of an injury. That doesn't change my point - this is why you don't draft kickers. (Twice). Now they're stuck, they have to IR a 6th round pick (or cut him outright), or carry two kickers at the expense of another key position.

Meanwhile, you reacted to the signing by calling it a "brilliant" move designed to learn up on the Jets and the Dolphins...

Edited by Coach Tuesday

Stephen Gostkowski, career 84 % accuracy. That wousl be 6th best in NFL history and better than Vinatieri. Played in 104 of 112 games. Mulitple Pro-Bowls.

4th round pick.

Kickers are people too...

It's as if no one else in the NFL has ever signed a fill in...using their 53rd spot on the roster.

And, this isn't even a new thing for this regime. They didn't keep signing people to get us back up to 90 all camp, like past regimes. The signings they did make weren't related to the cuts they made, and they weren't playing +1/-1 with the roster. When it came time to get to 75, they only had to cut 6.

As they cut people they just left the roster spot open. I think that's because they trust their scouts. There was no point in bringing in a guy just to run him around, tell him he has a chance to make the team, and cut him later. I am sure the players appreciated that.

The reality is that we had the open spots, and cut the guys we did, because those guys weren't good enough, period. We didn't hold onto guys just for the hell of it. All of this suggests a standard has been set, and if we don't have enough guys to meet that, we don't allow sub-standard guys onto the team just for the sake of having them. I have no problem going into a season with 49-52 guys on a roster, who all belong there, and know each other belong there.

Go back and re-read the thread. I was the first one who predicted it was because of an injury. That doesn't change my point - this is why you don't draft kickers. (Twice). Now they're stuck, they have to IR a 6th round pick (or cut him outright), or carry two kickers at the expense of another key position.

With all due respect, I have to be honest. The further you carry this argument, the less sense it makes. Really.

Not saying they are a model franchise, but didn't the raiders draft Janikowski in the first round? This was before they went to the Super Bowl I think.

Fact checkers please confirm.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sebastian_Janikowski

1st round pick 2000, Super bowl appearance 2002.

PTR

What? They signed a kicker? Ain't that a kicker? Why would they draft a highly regarded kicker in the sixth round in order to cut an expensive vet with a fading leg, then sign a free agent kicker when the rookie got injured. Makes no sense, NO SENSE, I tell you. Just ask the Cleveland Browns. Mickey Mouse says you don't need to pay the full amount on fuel rebates.

My sister in law lived in twinsburg a few years ago. I always wanted to go to the festival, though twins kind of creep me out (no offense to the noncreepy twins on the board).

I don't fear twins, I do not believe in them or midgets.

Well now I don't know what to believe anymore. So then who are those two red headed fellows up in Vancouver playing for the Canucks?

One is actually Carrot Top. The other is Molly Ringwold.

How about a nice game of chess?

So, Jim Leonard isn't real?

According to this he is real, and we signed him...but that's only what the Fed Agent Damond Talbot said.

Or Fred Jackson

He's not real

Edited by jboyst62