Bills bringing in Leinart, Beck for tryouts

Holy Crap. Has it already been that long? Look, for those of you little turdballs that are too young to remember Slim Pickens, just rent/stream/high-colonic (or whatever it is you do these days, you little cretins) two filims.

Dr. Strangelove (or How I learned to stop worrying and learned to love the Bomb);

and

Blazing Saddles

I'm the world's single biggest fan of Blazing Saddles, okay? My big movie date with Lisa (no, didn't get lucky, f-ing relax) was simply memorable in 1974 at its screening in Rochester.

But nothing - NOTHING - can beat "Dr. Strangelove".

Quick trivia question. What were the names of the nukes that were "saddled up"? Don't Google it!

The Ballad of Cable Hogue, that's a family western.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK - is it my imagination or did that happen impossibly fast??

IE - I am now suspicious they were already looking for Kolb alternatives, and were talking to these guys BEFORE he was injured today.

Beck is pretty bad. I wouldn't cry over Leinart as a backup.

Dont read too much into this. Teams already have guys targeted of you they want to take a look at if we lose players to injury. They look at who's currently available, who might be coming available, etc all off season, pre season, regular season etc.

These guys were already on a list of guys they could look at if they needed another arm. All they did was make the call once they lost a QB for the 2nd time this preseason.

I don't think this is an act of desperation, it's a matter of having enough QB's to throw balls in practice starting Monday. We can't let Tuel do all the throwing, we still have to evaluate and make cuts, how else would we do that? Rest assured fellow Bills fans we have EJ Manuel. He's the reason to be excited about this team and to not worry. I think we'll see him throwing a bit this week but they aren't going to put him in with pads on, that's what Beck and/or Leinart will do.

havent paid attention. What has VY done there this preseason?

Taken the #2 job going into the season and is likely the only backup they are going to carry

I don't think this is an act of desperation, it's a matter of having enough QB's to throw balls in practice starting Monday. We can't let Tuel do all the throwing, we still have to evaluate and make cuts, how else would we do that? Rest assured fellow Bills fans we have EJ Manuel. He's the reason to be excited about this team and to not worry. I think we'll see him throwing a bit this week but they aren't going to put him in with pads on, that's what Beck and/or Leinart will do.

Yup - a lot of wideouts fighting for jobs that deserve an extra arm out there. If the qb looks reliable, an added perk

Everybody was dumpster diving.......Corp is still on the Dolphins roster. Leinart has played in 4 games over the last 3 years and didn't even get a camp invite this year. He couldn't stick with the Raiders. Beck is worse than Leinart. Hopefully someone almost halfway decent gets cut this week. It's only for a game and practice but still they need more than one QB. Looks like only Tuel is available Thursday and you need more than one healthy QB for a game, Three would be nice. Yes, only backups will play but we have no backup to the backup.. If Tuel goes down and EJ isn't ready by week one? Yikes. If Tuel (Rookie UDFA) who looked it today has to start week one? Yikes. I knew Kolb was an injury riddled disaster. 3 concussions in 4 years. Puts us in a tough spot. Hopefully EJ's knee is 100% by 9/8.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXaqDcb51tI

Do you really think there is anybody reading this thread....anybody in the whole world....that will cut and paste and watch an untitled, UNKNOWN YT link!? If the answer is "yes", then our society is doomed.

funny how this board does 180 degrees on subjects. Years ago, this board had a draft Leinart affair. The past 13 years this board has been "cut them" , "they suck", "see you Marshawn", "dont let the door hit you" etc. TBD runs players out of town with pitchforks, then criew when their player is not selected. Relax, its preseason. And you need 3 QBs-and 2 of ours are hurt, leaving us with an undrafted rookie. Please don't freak out that the Bills are bringing ni Leinart and Beck

There obviously aren't any good options. But Leinart is terrible. That cannot be an option, IMO.

I guess it's about what you think he's an option for? To make the team, I'd hope not. To bring in so we can evaluate the rest of the players, so be it. Obviously we'll know more in the next few days but I think it's a little early to think they have to replace Kolb.

So this what a board melt down looks like. A taco melt, interesting.

I am never going to visit a "would ya" thread that you post again.

Charlie Batch is still out there, I always thought he was a decent back up.

Why these two bums? We are starting to look like duh same old Bills. Watched the game,Searcy,Troup,Branch,.Gilmore also looked average,dropped INTand lack of effort on the TD thrown right in front of him. Played 6 yds off the receiver on the 5 yd line. It was a gimme.

I forgot Ross also looked horrible. Should be a lot of easy cuts after this game.Beck....cmon man !

Lienert sucked playing inside a dome and they think he would work outside in Buffalo weather. About as good as the Raiders did in the AFC Championship Game. I remember Beck playing for the fish in a game in Buffalo trying to throw a pass and his arm came thru but the ball didn't. Let's bring in Janormous Russell for a try out makes about as much sense than there two stiffs.

Lienert sucked playing inside a dome and they think he would work outside in Buffalo weather. About as good as the Raiders did in the AFC Championship Game. I remember Beck playing for the fish in a game in Buffalo trying to throw a pass and his arm came thru but the ball didn't. Let's bring in Janormous Russell for a try out makes about as much sense than there two stiffs.

Wasn`t Beck the stink ,we played a couple years ago. Against the Skins. We killed him.