Bills bringing in Leinart, Beck for tryouts

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd take Beck over Leinert. But, I'd rather have a QB who can coach and contribute vs. fill a roster spot. Batch could do that - he's knowledgable in many system.

The reason for Leinart and Beck is probably because of their experience in a WC offense. Batch and Leftwich do not have the same experience in the system

Isn't it funny how, in retrospect, keeping Fitzpatrick around one more year to quickly learn a new system and help the young QBs would have been much better than Kolb and current options? And that hit on Kolb to cause a concusion - I'm sorry - that looked like a tap to the back of the head. If that's all it takes he won't last long.

I was against the kolb signing from day 1. We could have kept fitz at his higher contract for another year and not been in this mess.

Now we are looking at beck and leinart? I would rather start brad smith at QB.

I don't think it's realistic to keep someone who is a leader on the team around when you bring in EJ. Having Fitz fight to be the leader on the team, and already being a leader with a lot of vets, isn't a good situation to put a rookie QB into when you're trying to establish him as the new face of the franchise.

It'd be Flutie/Johnson all over again.

Isn't it funny how, in retrospect, keeping Fitzpatrick around one more year to quickly learn a new system and help the young QBs would have been much better than Kolb and current options? And that hit on Kolb to cause a concusion - I'm sorry - that looked like a tap to the back of the head. If that's all it takes he won't last long.

Oh for the love of God you've got to be kidding me?...Should have figure someone would pull the Fitz card sooner or later... :lol:

156.2 is T. Jack's qb rating this preseason.

Look, I want EJ to be the starter and I want him to start game one against the Pats, AND yes, hindsight is 20/20...but I still would have prefer Jackson him over Kolb.

All offseason I've said it would've been nice to have him around even if we planned to cut him. We paid a lot for that right and gave it up too early IMO