Bills bringing in Leinart, Beck for tryouts

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think its automatic by any stretch, but I also don't think you put a rookie QB in that situation, and I don't think its a great situation for Fitzpatrick either.

All the marginal QBs have to compete for a spot every year as do rookies. If they guys are good leaders the players don't care which one plays. With injuries today you almost always need two viable QBs anyway. I'm not a Fitzpatrick fan but he wasn't horrible - except in many 4th quarters and Gailey was stupid enough to keep putting the game in his hands. EJ may have beat him out and may not have but at least we'd have two options this year. I can't believe how poorly Kolb has looked and he's so fragile.

. I can't believe how poorly Kolb has looked and he's so fragile.

I guess we couldn't really expect more...it's like physically abusing someone and then expecting them to not be socially awkward or mal-adjusted afterwards. We pretty much hammered him when we played the Cards.

lol, I was just tweeting Ross too...

I'm assuming he's making the vet minimum?

Probably.

I guess one silver lining is the fact that the Bills were a more attractive option than the Jets. Imagine this board if they would have lost him to the Jets!!

Probably.

I guess one silver lining is the fact that the Bills were a more attractive option than the Jets. Imagine this board if they would have lost him to the Jets!!

If you're really sh*tty at something, probably better to have Buffalo seeing it as opposed to the entire Metro NYC area. lol

Did you see that Geno play last night where he ran out the back of the endzone and then just chucked the ball awkwardly toward the sideline? That guy is going to have a rough year, brother!

Matt Leinart@MattLeinartQB 1m

Really excited and thankful for the @buffalobills for giving me this opportunity. Been working hard for 8 straight months. Time to go!!

You think that means he went to 12 celebrity hot tub parties a week instead of 15? Hell, maybe being exiled to B-lo will spark something in him...he'll end up going all Tommy Maddox on us!

If you're really sh*tty at something, probably better to have Buffalo seeing it as opposed to the entire Metro NYC area. lol

Did you see that Geno play last night where he ran out the back of the endzone and then just chucked the ball awkwardly toward the sideline? That guy is going to have a rough year, brother!

You think that means he went to 12 celebrity hot tub parties a week instead of 15? Hell, maybe being exiled to B-lo will spark something in him...he'll end up going all Tommy Maddox on us!

It appears the Bills may have done their homework on the QB Class of 2013.

It appears the Bills may have done their homework on the QB Class of 2013.

Yep, it sure does...I wasn't on the EJ bandwagon pre-draft...glad I'm not making decisions at One Bills Drive. (Although I would have gotten the Russel Wilson thing right!)

It is impressive to see the guy we "reached for" according to all the experts playing solid when he's been out there, especially compared to a few of the others. Geno just looks completely lost.

BTW, you clearly were the first on the Leinart signing...I saw that!

Edited by ajzepp

Yep, it sure does...I wasn't on the EJ bandwagon pre-draft...glad I'm not making decisions at One Bills Drive. (Although I would have gotten the Russel Wilson thing right!)

It is impressive to see the guy we "reached for" according to all the experts playing solid when he's been out there, especially compared to a few of the others. Geno just looks completely lost.

BTW, you clearly were the first on the Leinart signing...I saw that!

Thanks

That would be great...as the guy who replaced Tommy Maddox went on to play in three super bowls and win two of them!!!....May be a stepping stone for EJ.

At this point I would try to bring in the guys off the street to play the last preseason game and protect Tuel in case EJ is not ready for week 1. And if EJ cant go week 1 we need a backup for Tuel who can step in and manage the game.

Defense and special teams need to play excellent to beat the Pats.