EJ hurt knee according to BB.com

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn right I would cut Kolb.

I would have thought the last two years would have made some re-think the notion that a lousy starter was better than an unknown QB.

I would go forward with the guy that shows the most promise. -For now, that's Jeff Tuel. I didn't care for Tuel when he was at WASU. -I still don't think he's a great option. But, just in case you didn't notice, our wideouts are getting open left and right.

They're out there burning DB's with one juke-move. For better, or worse, Tuel has looked comfy in the offense, and gets guys the ball ON TIME.

The LAST thing we need is a scrub verteran who can't get these speedy kids the rock. Honestly, Kolb was a good TC signing, but the big picture says we don't need him.

Jeff Tuel is up next. -Until EJ heals.

This is why I'm glad I have no emotional investment in this team anymore. But it's threads like this that keep me coming back here. Way more entertainment than the Bills will ever provide. :lol:

This is why people should stop making babies.

You clearly have an emotional tie to the Bills if you're on TBD.

Edited by DefenseWinzChampionshipz

Cartilage tear? NFL Network speculating 2 to 3 weeks until return with a quick scope.

I had my first "scope" in '84. I was down for 5-6 weeks. I am not a pro athlete, but 2-3 seems overly optimistic. Anytime they have to get inside your knee, it's serious business. He's going to end up with 3 holes in his knee! It was a slippery slope for me, till 2002 when I had to get a total knee replacement. Certainly not the most fun he'll ever have!

A woman I worked with had tweaked her knee skiing several years earlier and it bugged her. She never limped. Got it scoped, was on crutches for about 10 days, and a week later she was dancing up a storm at the company Christmas party. She said it felt like it did before the injury. She was in her 40s at the time.

How does missing EJ for one game turn into 10 guaranteed losses?

PTR

I think the thought is that if Kolb starts a couple games, they're not going to bench him to start EJ. It would take until we're virtually out of the playoffs to start EJ.

I had my first "scope" in '84. I was down for 5-6 weeks. I am not a pro athlete, but 2-3 seems overly optimistic. Anytime they have to get inside your knee, it's serious business. He's going to end up with 3 holes in his knee! It was a slippery slope for me, till 2002 when I had to get a total knee replacement. Certainly not the most fun he'll ever have!

LOL. You're talking about a nearly 30 year difference in medical technology.

A lot has changed in 30 years...players routinely get these proceducres done following their games heading into the bye week, rest through the bye week and play the week after the bye, missing no time...minimally invasive now, lot faster healing process...

I mean, really think about it...it would be like you comparing the computer you had in 1984 to one today and saying it would take "x" amount of time to do something on it because its kind of slow...

OK.....lts just say for a minute that EJ really is down for 3 weeks....and they decide to go with sucky vet Kolb for the season opener.....

- Kolb knows he Is just a placeholder......there is not QB contriversy here......

- The game plan for the pats is probably gonna try to win that game with running the ball and our revamped defense....JUST like it would have been with EJ Manuel

- Let just say god forbid we drop that 1st game (gasp)....there are still FIFTEEN more games left in the season.....the fins and jets are extremely beatable.......

relax folks

Yea well then you should be in a chat room called love for western new york n get the hell outta TBD...

No way, man....the Chef rules. That is all.

Tuel time?

:w00t::thumbsup::wub:

A woman I worked with . . . . and a week later she was dancing up a storm at the company Christmas party. She said it felt like it did before the injury. She was in her 40s at the time.

Yeah, but she had some liquid courage to help in the rehab. EJ probably won't go that route.

This is why I'm glad I have no emotional investment in this team anymore. But it's threads like this that keep me coming back here. Way more entertainment than the Bills will ever provide. :lol:

23000+ posts? You're lying to yourself

A woman I worked with had tweaked her knee skiing several years earlier and it bugged her. She never limped. Got it scoped, was on crutches for about 10 days, and a week later she was dancing up a storm at the company Christmas party. She said it felt like it did before the injury. She was in her 40s at the time.

We have yet to hear what the injury was and then what the procedure and prognosis are.... It's annoying it happened but timing isn't terrible, unless its a big injury.

I feel like players get minor procedures around the bye all of the time and don't miss a snap so anything is possible.

Meanwhile I bet the jets board has a link to this ej knee story entitled "I am sure glad we didn't get this guy"....

FWIW I have a little cartlage tear in my ankle that I have to have scoped. My doc told me the recovery is about a week and that I would be back out riding a bike in about 10 days...

Keep in mind EJ isn't a 40 something professional expert like me, so he may not heal as fast, but if its just a small tear we might be ok. :D