EJ hurt knee according to BB.com

Something to note, Dot practices close this week to the public, or possibly next? We won't get an honest reading of what EJ is doing until after this Sunday. Something to watch is if/when/how Kolb is called the starter.

I think he starts bs NE. He is so much more comfortable out there, even in comparison to last week. I can't imagine him not.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coming off an injury I'd prefer not to throw EJ to the defense of NE in week one. I'm sure Bill Belichick would like us to do that but, uh...

NE doesn't even have that good of a defense.

If he's cleared to play, what good does it do to sit him? Might as well never play him because he can get injured at any time.

NE doesn't even have that good of a defense.

If he's cleared to play, what good does it do to sit him? Might as well never play him because he can get injured at any time.

As a rookie, I want him to be well-prepared before he makes his first start. confidence is everything re developing a QB.

On the NFL Network Warren Sapp Said the surgery recovery is about three weeks, which is how long there is two the season starts. If Manuel can'y play in the opener, kiss the season goodbye. 6-10.

I wonder how Warren Sapp knows how long the surgery recovery is, or what the surgery was.

According to ESPN this is nothing and EJ could play next Sunday if we really needed him to (if it was a playoff game for example).

I hope they're right.

Oh Gawd (head slap).

Edited by bobblehead

On the NFL Network Warren Sapp Said the surgery recovery is about three weeks, which is how long there is two the season starts. If Manuel can'y play in the opener, kiss the season goodbye. 6-10.

How does missing EJ for one game turn into 10 guaranteed losses?

PTR

Anyone else think that this is a strategic move by the coaching staff? It is strange that Marrone didn't name Kolb the week 1 starter. I'm not necessarily saying that the team is making up a fake injury, but maybe it isn't serious at all and the organization made the decision to shut him down in the preseason. The organization could have said we know what he have in Manuel and lets work with him behind closed doors. I mention this for several reasons:

1. EJ is clearly a better option then Kolb so EJ is our week 1 starter

2. We play N.E. week one, against one of the best gameplanners in NFL history, lets not give the Pats any more tape on this guy

3. Lets see if its worth keeping Kolb around or Tuel has what it takes in this league to be a viable backup

4. Along the lines of 2, our offense looks terrible with Kolb in there, lets have N.E. think its just the same old Bills (Im not saying we aren't yet!)

That's just my 2 cents. Maybe we actually have a coach now that can compete strategically with the best organizations in the NFL in stategy and game planning. Let's hope

Hope your right.

How does missing EJ for one game turn into 10 guaranteed losses?

PTR

Not sure if you have heard, but the third pre-season game is the most important.

As long as he can practice after the Skins game, he starts.

FWIW, my uncle, born and raised Boston (married into the family, we barely except him) watches the Bills games. Thinks he'll start week one and is the real deal. He also said Brady will put on a clinic and then called me a bunch of terrible names.

I just tell him 18-1 is my favorite number

According to ESPN this is nothing and EJ could play next Sunday if we really needed him to (if it was a playoff game for example).

I hope they're right.

not quite sure they specifically said anything like this but the vibe I got from Clayton was similar. This is good.

while I might have more respect for NFL network vs espn, it all depends in who is doing the reporting.

In this case: John Clayton is very informative, very well respected and very smart when it comes to this sort of thing.

Warren Sapp on the other hand is a big, fat, idiot who doesn't know how to count to 11 without taking a sock off.

I'm going to listen to espn on this one I think.

John Clayton said he believes that he just had his knee drained and it just a precautionary measure to sit him for two games and the fourth preseason game he would not of played anyhow.

I don't think Clayton is basing this off of any additional facts, and he is speculating. Could be an educated guess, but he has given no indication that he has any inside info.

If EJ were to be named the starting QB, he would have played very little in the final preseason game (probably just 1 series). So really, he would just be missing 1 game.

We also don't know if he'll be allowed to keep practicing.

We have a Yahtzee.

Watching the replay myself, I don't get people saying EJ was limping or hobbled after the last play/sack..... No way. Not that it matters. I will say that after seeing the game and the more I hear, I think he's our starter when healthy.

Hmmm. I was sure that the sack affected him. Others here posted the same.

Maybe it's like an experienced horseman detecting a slight alteration to the stride?

Nothing against you but you lost me at Warren Sapp. If there was a negative scale for credibility he would he at the top. Or the bottom.

You know what I mean.