EJ hurt knee according to BB.com

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So how does one go about putting an Internet message board on suicide watch? Just curious...

Lots of anticipation and cameras like Geraldo Rivera's vault and absolutely nothing occurs like a 3 year old swearing he will hold his breath until he dies.

Manuel may be okay, but his loss of reps is not okay. You can't just throw him in there too early and let him get hurt again, and you can't give him a bunch of first-team reps if he's not going to play during a game week. Face it: we're looking at Kolb for probably at least the first four weeks.

Things were just going too well.

Manuel may be okay, but his loss of reps is not okay. You can't just throw him in there too early and let him get hurt again, and you can't give him a bunch of first-team reps if he's not going to play during a game week. Face it: we're looking at Kolb for probably at least the first four weeks.

Keep in mind though....we have an improved defense it appears, a decent O-line, a good running game, special teams and defensive secondary well I'm not really sure. Point is, we may still do some damage even if our rookie QB is out. I'm thinking he'll be ready before week 4. Sure hope so anyway.

I'm watching the replay of the game now for the first time. I have only seen the first half, but I can't imagine that we don't have a QB on the roster that can play better than Kolb's first half. Unless Kolb has a really solid showing vs. Washington, EJ has to be the starter. He gives us the best chance to win, even with mistakes.

Having a rookie QB suddenly miss the final two weeks of pre-season is very bad.

Even if EJ is physically OK to start the first week of the season, football-wise he won't be OK.

If EJ were to be named the starting QB, he would have played very little in the final preseason game (probably just 1 series). So really, he would just be missing 1 game.

We also don't know if he'll be allowed to keep practicing.

Watching the replay myself, I don't get people saying EJ was limping or hobbled after the last play/sack..... No way. Not that it matters. I will say that after seeing the game and the more I hear, I think he's our starter when healthy.

If EJ were to be named the starting QB, he would have played very little in the final preseason game (probably just 1 series). So really, he would just be missing 1 game.

^this

Coming off an injury I'd prefer not to throw EJ to the defense of NE in week one. I'm sure Bill Belichick would like us to do that but, uh...

AN OTHER 6-10 SEASON.

Edited by bisonbrigade