EJ Manuel's first few hours as a Buffalo Bill

Buddy's bro hug needs work. He had the "Did I just get violated?" look on his face.

Absolutely hilarious.

He hasn't even suited up for the Bills yet and I already love him. Either he's the worlds best actor or the most genuinely likable guy this side of Peyton Manning. I hope he actually performs on Sundays - rooting for the Bills would actually be fun again.

That's the one word I think when I've seen him in interviews, on Gruden's QB camp and in this piece - Genuine. It has nothing to do with QB play, but I like it.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you'd like to hear more from EJ here's part of his post draft interview (that they showed clips of in the original video) -

Favorite answer was when someone kept pounding on Buffalo being cold, having snow/etc: "I'll get my shovel."

Love it!

Staying with the EJ lovefest, here's a piece featuring former Brown's GM Phil Savage who now runs the Senior Bowl.

EJ's Senior Bowl teammates voted him team captain before the game.

http://www.seniorbowl.com/news-highlights-detail.php?news=40

There's some video of EJ during Senior Bowl practices.

Staying with the EJ lovefest, here's a piece featuring former Brown's GM Phil Savage who now runs the Senior Bowl.

http://www.seniorbow...ail.php?news=40

Just keeps getting better and better with this guy. Let's hope it shows on the field, and people don't expect too much too soon.

I'm a big believer in reading body language. You know the comparisons between the top two QBs drafted in 2013 will go on for a while, so here's gangrene's take

It's easy to see why there's more excitement among Bills fans.

Just win baby!

That being said I like his upside, character and wholeheartily agree with MDH.

He hasn't even suited up for the Bills yet and I already love him. Either he's the worlds best actor or the most genuinely likable guy this side of Peyton Manning. I hope he actually performs on Sundays - rooting for the Bills would actually be fun again.

"EJ Manuel has had many big moments in big games throughout his career. Yet what will define him for years to come was not a long run, a touchdown, or anything on the field. It was a halftime speech."

I NEED an "I'll get my shovel" Manuel #3 T-shirt........like yesterday.

YES!!! Love it...someone make this and i'm ordering one for everyone in my family! This kid is special and hard to dislike. Like I've been saying forever Buffalo needs it's own version of Big Ben and I think now we've got him! GO BILLS

YES!!! Love it...someone make this and i'm ordering one for everyone in my family! This kid is special and hard to dislike. Like I've been saying forever Buffalo needs it's own version of Big Ben and I think now we've got him! GO BILLS

Minus the date rape incidents. Ahem...make that alleged. :rolleyes:

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

That was great. Obviously we all hope he turns out to be a player on the field, and that's pretty much all that matters. Win games, get in the playoffs, go for the Super Bowl and win it. But man, if he succeeds, what a face of the franchise this guy could be.

The one takeaway I had from this video is, holy moly, he is HUGE. He dwarfed Kelly and Marrone, who are pretty big guys.

+1. I thought the same too. And Hackett looks so tiny

"EJ Manuel has had many big moments in big games throughout his career. Yet what will define him for years to come was not a long run, a touchdown, or anything on the field. It was a halftime speech."

Awesome media clip. I think this guy is special. So many traits that you don't see in a single person. Now can he QB the floundering Buffalo Bills to a championship? I am feeling good about the chances !

We need to get the folks that made the amish rifle, In Chan we trust t-shirts involved here. That is, if they didnt go out of biz from selling "Amish Rifle" and "In Chan we trust" T-shirts.

I feel like I could run with that quote in so many different photoshops it's not even funny at this point.

Yeah, about that inaccurate passer thingie - did you see the ball he placed right into the hands of a well covered TE?

They seemed to have taken down the video. Anyone know where it can be found?

I'm watching it right now.

Poor footwork, and at 5:00 he does a terrible job progressing through his reads. He's a bust.

They just changed the title. It's the "EJ's Journey" video.

Thanks, that helps. It's a little tough to navigate by phone.

just watched the video. Gotta agree with everyone else. I love the secretary, she is a doll. I love the way EJ handles himself. He comes across as intelligent, likable, honest, and as a leader. Oh, and he is friggin huge! I love that. And I like the sports science video as well. Thanks whomever posted that...

I hope he is the One. Maybe we should call him NEO.

We need to get the folks that made the amish rifle, In Chan we trust t-shirts involved here. That is, if they didnt go out of biz from selling "Amish Rifle" and "In Chan we trust" T-shirts.

And who can forget "Yes We Chan" :doh:

I echo the sentiments on EJ.

I wanted to know if anyone else caught the possible "outing" of TBD's very own (and recently off the grid) NGU? Read the text on the picture of Bruce Smith that Manuel is standing next to and pay attention to the last line. Could it be?

Not sure if this was shown on here but Whaley talking about EJ:

Great insight. EJ3 does have the "it" factor...likeable from the start and has the tools. Can't wait for this season to start. Perhaps Whaley had more to say about this decision than we thought.

Yeah, about that inaccurate passer thingie - did you see the ball he placed right into the hands of a well covered TE?

Good to see. Also, at 0:46, is also what I'm excited to see out of Manuel.

BTW, could anyone make out what Kelly said to Manuel, that make Kelly laugh?

Edited by Doc