Fred Davis FA TE has dinner with Bills brass

Scott_36

I'm not concerned with his off the field antics. Look at Talib once he made it to NE. As far as his achilles, I still think it is a risk reward issue, and if we make it an incentive laden contract and an easy out for us, then go for it. We can basically tell him if he plays 13 or more games next year, it doubles his contract, etc. The contract can go up in years 2, and 3 if he continues to play a certain amt of games.

This really helps us as we can draft a decent WR, and our rookie QB now has three targets along with spiller for the pistol option. The more I think of it with our line, and the speed of spiller, we would really benefit from an athletic fast QB, like Manuel. Because I believe Geno Smith will be gone, I want Manuel. The pistol with Spiller, and Steveie who gets out of his brakes fast, will turn into some offense. Think of it guys. Spiller and EJ in the shotgun, a healthy Fred Davis as an outlet, SJ juking the likes of Revis, and we have an offense. God that would be fun.

On defense, we have Pettine's scheming with our front line punishing Brady early and often. We need a find for a CB opposite Gilmore. Then we have a team. I know it's a fantasy guys, but a guy can dream. I'm so sick of watching us lose as all of you are that I have to have hope. It's funny I live in Tampa so I'm so excited to get Revis as well down here becuase first it will really help my NFC team, and second, it will tank even more the Jests, and Tubby. Nothing like watching them implode even more this year, and us take on the Patsies. Lastly, Miami is going to get better this year so we'd better too.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stupid is as stupid does so it's hard to argue that.

However my takeaway from his NFL Network interview was different than some of the critiques upthread.

You could see he was very well-spoken and had a quick humorous retort on numerous occasions. He also wouldn't allow himself to be trapped into a line of questioning about the things he does well or the players he thinks he's better than.

I think that Davis has a high natural intelligence but has made lots of stupid decisions. Lack of common sense?

and interesting you should quote Forrest Gump. stupid, yet made much better decisions than "smart people". different kinds of intelligence out there. Fred Davis reminds me of Maurice Clarett. compared to contemporaries like WIllis McGahee, he was well-spoken and sounded like a genius. Could see the difference between his Big 10 schooling and SEC-type guys. hearing him, i believed he deserved a chance after his college antics.. seemed smart enough to avoid future trouble. Oops. as Qui-Gon Jin once said, "the ability to speak does not make one intelligent". or at last "life" smart. the more you read, the more you realize he has no maturity or sense of responsibility and harder it is to believe Davis will ever stay out of trouble. and this was a guy i really wanted.. before. hmmm.

Big Ben banged a drunken co-ed with a nametag that read "down to !@#$" in a bathroom stall and this board erupts and no one would trade a 7th round pick for him.

The anti-Big Ben rhetoric on this board truly is astounding. The dude did stuff that each and every one of us either did (or wish we did) back in college. But, since he's won 2 Superbowls and should be acting like a grown man, he's the devil reincarnate.

As for Davis, the dude talks like he's among the top TEs in the league. Even when healthy, I never saw that in his game.

Edited by kas23

The anti-Big Ben rhetoric on this board truly is astounding. The dude did stuff that each and every one of us either did (or wish we did) back in college. But, since he's won 2 Superbowls and should be acting like a grown man, he's the devil reincarnate.

As for Davis, the dude talks like he's among the top TEs in the league. Even when healthy, I never saw that in his game.

Speak for yourself. I feel sorry for the women you did that to.

The dude did stuff that each and every one of us either did (or wish we did) back in college.

Yeah, don't drag me into your gutter. I never wished to have my beefy bodyguards drag a woman into a bathroom stall so that I could (at minimum) show her my junk. Never crossed my mind that that would be fun or cool or moral. So, no, not everyone is like that. Or like you.

kj

well, it's not exactly that... only if they cut him. it's 4 years, 14.25M if they don't. considering Davis' injury, i could see a similarly structured contract.

I was using Rotoworld, which said 1 year deal. That's a decent contract.

Pretty good interview with Fred with all kinds of Bills talk. He's very interested in possibly playing with the Bills, and he had a great meeting with Marrone, Hackett, Nix and Whaley. He really liked them. I feel a little more hopeful we will sign him, although he would clearly also like to play with the Skins.

http://www.profootballcentral.com/2013/03/26/pfc-radio-exclusive-interview-with-free-agent-tight-end-fred-davis/

nothing wrong with a 1 year deal and he comes to Buffalo TO style where he has to be on his best behavior.

I agree.

The Bills arent that dumb. I'm sure they would have something in the contract that would protect themselves in the case that he gets suspended or injured.

CBF

The guy has been accused of rape on more than one occasion. I did not nor do I wish I had raped a woman in college. How about you? Spare me the excuses, and the "he is just a target" BS. He is a scumbag, pure and simple.

In the interview I linked above, Davis said he is coming to Buffalo to take a physical, and no contract has been offered to him but that would come after the physical. He also inferred we would take a rookie at #1, although he didnt come out and say it, and that he would be very comfortable in Marrone's offense with a rookie because a TE would be a rookie QBs best friend. He said he thought himself and Chandler would make a great tandem, too. It didnt come across at all like he was blowing smoke, although it could be. He's very interested in playing for the Bills though, mostly because he wants to be wanted, and because he thinks he will get a lot of balls.

He also said he was from Ohio and playing in a small city didnt matter to him. Although he constantly said he wants to play for a team that will win, and then said the Bills have a lot of great players and a great defense. Ha. So he may just be delusional.

In the interview I linked above, Davis said he is coming to Buffalo to take a physical, and no contract has been offered to him but that would come after the physical. He also inferred we would take a rookie at #1, although he didnt come out and say it, and that he would be very comfortable in Marrone's offense with a rookie because a TE would be a rookie QBs best friend. He said he thought himself and Chandler would make a great tandem, too. It didnt come across at all like he was blowing smoke, although it could be. He's very interested in playing for the Bills though, mostly because he wants to be wanted, and because he thinks he will get a lot of balls.

He also said he was from Ohio and playing in a small city didnt matter to him. Although he constantly said he wants to play for a team that will win, and then said the Bills have a lot of great players and a great defense. Ha. So he may just be delusional.

Thanx. Good stuff. Looks like the guy wants to come and play for the Bills. Always a positive so I will give him a thumbs up if he clears our physicals. Would still offer only a 1 year contract or an incentive laden one that covers the Bills on the down side.

What? :huh:

I knew guys like Big Ben growing up...You know why they were the way they were? Because they had absolutely zero game with women...They were ogres and women knew it...Women have radars for that sort of thing...So when these idiots saw weak, or drunken women, they thought they could get away with things...They were very low forms of human...Sub-human...Un-evolved...They thought they were tough guys but they probably cried themselves to sleep at night because they were too dumb to understand how to attract a woman the right way...

Insinuating that any, or all guys on this board wish they could be like that is...Well...Whatever...You must not have sisters... B-)

I think Davis is a train wreck, just draft a healthy TE for a lot less.

They could have signed a couple just as young, just as good, healthier and alot less of a head case a week or so ago, for about the same price. I guess 70 year old GM's just don't move that quick.

nothing wrong with a 1 year deal and he comes to Buffalo TO style where he has to be on his best behavior.

Not gonna happen when the Redskins have a multiple year offer on the table.

Just listened to the Fred interview. First, it was almost unlistenable. Second, he want's to be in Buffalo and I have a feeling he'll be signed shortly. He was basically campaigning to get a contract with the Bills. I'm sure the brass told him they were drafting a QB and/or trading for one.

you have to remember, he likely doesnt watch a ton of bills tape, and we killed the skins last time around. he may think we are closer than players on other teams do.

Just listened to the Fred interview. First, it was almost unlistenable. Second, he want's to be in Buffalo and I have a feeling he'll be signed shortly. He was basically campaigning to get a contract with the Bills. I'm sure the brass told him they were drafting a QB and/or trading for one.

Yup and yup. I'm usually not one to badmouth handicap people or those with disabilities, but whose idea was it to get a guy with a clear speech impediment to be a radio host and interviewer? That said, I didn't mind the Bills homerism of the host. ;)

you have to remember, he likely doesnt watch a ton of bills tape, and we killed the skins last time around. he may think we are closer than players on other teams do.

Or, the Bills brass said that we have Mario and Kyle and Dareus and Mark Anderson and Byrd and Gilmore and he knew who Pettine was and thought, like we did last year, damn, that sounds like a great defense.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

It sounds like the visit has been moved to Thursday, possibly to accommodate the Bills Brass being at the USC Pro Day.

http://blogs.buffalo...-liked-marrone/

As stated in a topic thread, Brown is wrong. The interview was Tuesday, and he said he will be coming to Buffalo in the morning, which would be today. It's possible he since changed plans. But Brown is insisting the interview was this morning and I heard it and linked it early last night.

As stated in a topic thread, Brown is wrong. The interview was Tuesday, and he said he will be coming to Buffalo in the morning, which would be today. It's possible he since changed plans. But Brown is insisting the interview was this morning and I heard it and linked it early last night.

Thanks for clearing that up.

I could live with that situation. Wouldn't Love it, but could live it.

I am not sure a one year deal would be good for the Bills. It is not like the Bills are a player or two away from being a constant playoff contender. Why not lock him in for 3+ years with character clauses and performance kickers?

He is not over the hill and if the medical staff clears him this is what i would like.