BREAKING NEWS: Bills release Terrence McGee

PromoTheRobot

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McGee is my favorite Bill since the Super Bowl years. What a class act and dynamic playmaker. I wish him the best. (TM, set up an annuity and get a financial planner you trust!)

Second best Bills 4th round pick of all time (behind Reed)?

Interesting curio fact....thanks. :thumbsup:

Yes....Reed was our only other(?) productive 4th rounder in history.

Good luck #24!!! And thanks!!!...One of my favorite Bills players over these lean years... B-)

In his prime. He was the best dam punt catcher in the league. Another Bill

who gave his all, only to be burned by crappy teams, year in and year out.

Thanks, and Good Luck #24!!!!!!!

When the Bills played the Saints in San Antonio, after Katrina, I was sitting a row or two back from the sideline, right where McGee almost completed one of the greatest returns in Bills history...came up just a yard or two short.

24 could stop at full speed and do a 180 on a dime. He was the best.

He was the best Kick Returner the Bills have ever had, and I have asked many a Bills fan if they could think of any former Bills player who was better at returning kicks than McGee. No one could think of any.

Best by a mile.

One of the regrets I have with McGee is that his move to the starting line-up as a corner robbed us of his kick-returning opportunities.

• Great player when healthy. His body has betrayed him the last few years.
  • The end of his career is near, though I hope he can play somewhere for another year or two.
  • Buffalo, going young, is no longer the right fit for him.
  • When I saw what his cap hit was going to be this year, I figured his release was inevitable.
  • Best of luck to him - he was always a quiet, classy, friendly guy. He deserves nothing but GOOD things!

• Great player when healthy. His body has betrayed him the last few years.
  • The end of his career is near, though I hope he can play somewhere for another year or two.
  • Buffalo, going young, is no longer the right fit for him.
  • When I saw what his cap hit was going to be this year, I figured his release was inevitable.
  • Best of luck to him - he was always a quiet, classy, friendly guy. He deserves nothing but GOOD things!

Well said

When the Bills played the Saints in San Antonio, after Katrina, I was sitting a row or two back from the sideline, right where McGee almost completed one of the greatest returns in Bills history...came up just a yard or two short.

Had he scored it would have been an all-time highlight we'd be seeing all the time. But because he was just short of the goal line we'll never see that play again. He must have run 150-175 yards on that play!

$2,209,375

Where did that number come from?

As was mentioned, the News says his cap figure is $4.6MM, though I guess that doesn't necessarily mean they will save that much if he's cut...

http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130213/SPORTS/130219671/beerball-1004

"The Bills’ top 12 cap figures: Mario Williams ($12.4 million), Fitzpatrick ($10.45 million), Kelsay ($5.975 million), Kyle Williams ($5.95 million), Stevie Johnson ($5.67 million), Marcell Dareus ($5.56 million), C.J. Spiller ($5.04 million), Terrence McGee ($4.6 million), Mark Anderson ($4 million), Brad Smith ($3.75 million), Fred Jackson ($3.7 million) and Eric Wood ($3.34 million)."

Was just about to post that this play was my favorite of McGee's career. The sad thing was that it came at the end of the 1st half and time expired and the Bills got no points out of it.

To me that was the greatest non scoring play in NFL history. Surely the best I have ever seen. It was Week 4, 2005. So sad he didn't score on the play, it would be an all-time highlight reel run.

Thanks for giving your all, Terrence. You were a great Bill and great guy.

He reminded me of another Bills CB, Robert James. A good guy and talented player whose knee injuries effectively ended a career. I wish him well. He was a quiet guy who knew how to play the game. That return against NO Saints was the best even if he was came up short.

Thanks Terrence for being a Bill, you got my respect and admiration for the class act that you are. #24 represented us well, I feel for him for getting stuck on so many crappy teams and fruitless seasons. Hopefully he makes The Wall, he's the kind of player that we all hoped to have representing our organization.