BREAKING NEWS: Bills release Terrence McGee

PromoTheRobot

Had he scored it would have been an all-time highlight we'd be seeing all the time. But because he was just short of the goal line we'll never see that play again. He must have run 150-175 yards on that play!

That was one of the more exciting plays I have ever seen. I was hoping that he would score - not only for the TD - but for the reason you mention.

All the best to TM. I am proud that you were a Buffalo Bill.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He reminded me of another Bills CB, Robert James. A good guy and talented player whose knee injuries effectively ended a career. I wish him well. He was a quiet guy who knew how to play the game. That return against NO Saints was the best even if he was came up short.

. Lawrence Mccutcheon hit robert james and ended his career

When the Bills played the Saints in San Antonio, after Katrina, I was sitting a row or two back from the sideline, right where McGee almost completed one of the greatest returns in Bills history...came up just a yard or two short.

Right before halftime. We were at the front of the upper deck on that goal line. An amazing bit of broken field running.

Had he scored it would have been an all-time highlight we'd be seeing all the time. But because he was just short of the goal line we'll never see that play again. He must have run 150-175 yards on that play!

To me that was the greatest non scoring play in NFL history. Surely the best I have ever seen. It was Week 4, 2005. So sad he didn't score on the play, it would be an all-time highlight reel run.

That was one of the more exciting plays I have ever seen. I was hoping that he would score - not only for the TD - but for the reason you mention.

All the best to TM. I am proud that you were a Buffalo Bill.

Okay, after searching awhile, I found it at NFL.com: McGee's kick return starts at the :40 mark:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d8003b705/Saints-19-Bills-7

Sadly, this play is a decent microcosm of his time with the bills. (I can't remember if he got hurt at the end of the play.)

Proof that you can get a good corner in the 4th round. Happy Trails 24.

+1 was a great Bill classy all the way. Now to get rid of Kelsay and we're good. Guess it took a new coaching staff which has no emotional ties but can only make decisions based on film to trim the fat.

He was really solid when he was solid, and then constantly hurt. Tough run of luck for #24, I'd be surprised if he played gain, but it was decent of him to take that pay cut last year. I miss seeing him return kicks, I believe it was Dick Jauron who took him off of kick returning duty way too soon. It's my understanding that McGee was upset about not being able to return kicks, but he kept his mouth shut. Dick Jauron's primary concern was not getting his players hurt, which is one of the main reasons why he consistently had IR totals near the top of the league. McGee wasn't too fast, but he had awesome vision when returning kicks.

I too, remember that kick return in NO. One of the most amazing football plays I've seen. Kind of symbolic of his career, and of the Bills in general. The Bills lost that game, as I recall...

Edited by MarkKelso'sHelmet

Okay, after searching awhile, I found it at NFL.com: McGee's kick return starts at the :40 mark:

http://www.nfl.com/v...ints-19-Bills-7

Sadly, this play is a decent microcosm of his time with the bills. (I can't remember if he got hurt at the end of the play.)

That play still kills me. The Bills had about five guys and the Saints had one. I don't think you could blame Terrence though, the Saint guy made an amazing play and the Bill didnt.

T, respect man.

One of my favorite all time Bills. I hope unless he has a chance to sign with a contender, that he stays out of the game for his own body sake. It's proven that it won't let him compete anymore on a full time basis. But he deserves a chance to play in a playoff game or two or more :-)

$2,209,375

How many cents?

:)

. Lawrence Mccutcheon hit robert james and ended his career

And then McCutcheon became a Buffalo Bill.

Okay, after searching awhile, I found it at NFL.com: McGee's kick return starts at the :40 mark: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d8003b705/Saints-19-Bills-7 Sadly, this play is a decent microcosm of his time with the bills. (I can't remember if he got hurt at the end of the play.)

Thanks for digging this up. It probably took some doing.

All the best to #24.

An awesome person and player and an All-Time Favorite.

A man once said, when you start listening to the fans, you'll find yourself watching the game next to them... Well, this year with the new regime, seems like what the fans were calling for is coming to light... All that's left to please us as Bills fans now is find a great QB, cut Kelsay, move Aaron Williams to safety, restructure Fitz and have him back up, cut Brad Smith, sign Levitre,Byrd and McKelvin, get a kickass ILB and an OLB, and ummm what else? Damn... We got a lot of work to do still...

and may be sign Landry to a FA contract.