4. Dee Milliner

5. Jarvis Jones

6. Bjoern Werner

7. Chance Warmack

8. Manti Te'o

9. Barkevious Mingo

10. Dion Jordan

Thanks Wayne!

Ok, that draft is ridiculous! Teo at 8 with Mingo and Geno Smith still available? Not buying it.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The big difference is Von Miller never had a game where he was so thoroughly outplayed that he didn't look like he belonged on the same field with his opponent. I admit I did not see much of Te'o before the BCS championship. I've also heard the reasons like bad day, long layoff, and Alabama players are big and mean. Fine. But to see a guy who was that highly touted be rendered utterly useless is shocking and frightening. You can't just dust that off and say "ha ha, we all have bad days." Te'o looked small, slow, and showed terrible technique tacking...if you want to call getting flicked off like a booger an attempt at tackling. Sorry. If Te'o is that lost against Alabama, then what's gonna happen in the NFL?

PTR

Hopefully we don't judge a college kid on one game with there were 6 weeks off in between.. good or bad performance

OK - so let's talk about that one game though - what DOES it mean, and why did he look so bad?

There were multiple plays where he got to the ball-carrier unblocked and still couldn't make the tacklle, and even more plays where he wasn't just betaen by the blocker but looked completely helpless trying to disengage.

Obviously he can't play like that in the NFL and be even remotely a good idea at #8 overall.

It seems to me he is either horribly overrated based on prior weak competition AND/OR he was badly unprepared after the layoff to play in the most important game of his life.

Which of those two possibilities makes him a good pick as a MLB at #8???

Ok, that draft is ridiculous! Teo at 8 with Mingo and Geno Smith still available? Not buying it.

Geno Smith has been in the 20's on their big board for a while now.

these mocks are pointless until after the combine and pro days where some players will skyrocket up the board and fall like a rock in other cases...

And the Senior Bowl. Von Miller really solidified/improved his standing in that game - had to play out of position as a 4-3 DE and he still was terific.

Edited by BobChalmers

Pass I am not really a believer in drafting a linebacker in the top 10 philosophy.unless he is going to be a game changer. Getting a "Solid" MLB with the 8th overall pick just isn't worth it. When you pick a LB number 8 he better be a Patrick Willis or Clay Matthews type who can dominate the game. This pick would be kind of like the Aaron Curry/AJ Hawk type player who is either a bust or above average at his position.

I would take a chance on the guy in the second as he fits our need but 8th no way.

I'd be ok with Te'o at 8. I'd prefer a few other players but if he's the pick, I wouldn't cry. I think he'll be a very good player in the nfl and will continue to get better. I think he makes us much better vs the run and pass. He's a leader and a great person. We could do worse 8.....but we could also do better.

Considering how accurate their big board usually is, I dont really care. If we identify a guy who can be our Franchise QB, take him while he is there. We're talking about the Quarterback position here!

Edited by DrDareustein

Kiper's an idiot. Have a hard time believing that no QB will be taken in top 10, or even as he says in the first round. Last time that happened was 1996 with no QBs in first round and 2000 with no QB in top 10. Very unlikely.

Kiper's an idiot. Have a hard time believing that no QB will be taken in top 10, or even as he says in the first round. Last time that happened was 1996 with no QBs in first round and 2000 with no QB in top 10. Very unlikely.

But you'd agree that no QB's should have been taken in 2007, right?

Trent Edwards turned out to be the best of that bunch.

How are some so certain that there even is a decent QB in the entire class? And if there isn't, how is it inconceivable that teams may be smart enough to see this?

But you'd agree that no QB's should have been taken in 2007, right?

No I do not agree with this at all.

QB is the most important position on the team, and there is virtually no reason that one shouldn't be taken high in the first round. Just because in retrospect you end up missing on the guy, does not mean you shouldn't draft one. (Lesson #1 for Buddy's next GM job)

PS - It's also been proven over and over - many NFL front offices aren't populated by smart guys.

Edited by GG

http://blogs.buffalo...-to-bills-at-8/

Has Manti Te'o going to Bills at #8.

Discuss.

Eh, I wanted to like Te'o but all the games I saw he looked OK, I could live with him at 8 but If I had my choice I'm going CB to get this Pettine defense blitzing.

How about Ogletree or J. Jones? I think I'd rather have either one of them at LB than Te'o at this point.

they will be gone, maybe ogletree, which would be great

Look at my sig

well you got one right.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

OK - so let's talk about that one game though - what DOES it mean, and why did he look so bad?

There were multiple plays where he got to the ball-carrier unblocked and still couldn't make the tacklle, and even more plays where he wasn't just betaen by the blocker but looked completely helpless trying to disengage.

Obviously he can't play like that in the NFL and be even remotely a good idea at #8 overall.

It seems to me he is either horribly overrated based on prior weak competition AND/OR he was badly unprepared after the layoff to play in the most important game of his life.

Which of those two possibilities makes him a good pick as a MLB at #8???

And the Senior Bowl. Von Miller really solidified/improved his standing in that game - had to play out of position as a 4-3 DE and he still was terific.

ND played 5 teams rated in the pre-season top 20. I wouldn't exactly call that weak competition. Te'o did not look good against Alabama as did most of his ND team mates. There were numerous reasons for this, not the least of which was the blatant holding that was going on by Alabama the entire game, particularly on those long runs. Hard to be at your best when you are getting manhandled on every play. I suggest you look at film of all of his games before dismissing him based on one game.

agreed

96 - the year of the WR (keyshawn #1, marvin, moulds, etc.) - you put that exact class in todays NFL and a QB gets drafted first round

Hence the possible "urgency" of the new staff to get who we believe is "their guy" early. In the second round, QB-needy teams drafting in front of us include:

1. Jaguars
  2. Chiefs
  3. Browns (maybe)
  4. Cardinals
  5. Jets
  6. Titans

Jets and titans draft after us.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap1000000116754/article/2013-nfl-draft-order-kansas-city-chiefs-own-no-1-pick

Funny, a few weeks ago this board would have exploded with joy seeing a list that had Buffalo taking T'eo at #8, now everyone once to pass because of a Bowl game?

He was tested against elite talent, akin to what he will see in the NFL. He bombed. Sounds about right to me.

BA

For what its worth here was his top 10 from his first mock last year:

1. Andrew Luck

2. Justin Blackmon

3. Matt Kalil

4. Robert Griffin III

5. Trent Richardson

6. Morris Claiborne

7. Quinton Coples

8. Dre Kirkpatrick

9. Riley Reiff

10. Courtney Upshaw

So, there's that...

Right. The NFL is full of tiny players. :doh: The Alabama game wasn't just a red flag. It was massive fireworks display of red. T'eo wasn't just outplayed, he looked like he didn't even belong on the field.

PTR

Getting a guy that can actually impact an NFL game would be a change of pace from adding another name to the scroll of busts. ;)

For what its worth here was his top 10 from his first mock last year:

1. Andrew Luck

2. Justin Blackmon

3. Matt Kalil

4. Robert Griffin III

5. Trent Richardson

6. Morris Claiborne

7. Quinton Coples

8. Dre Kirkpatrick

9. Riley Reiff

10. Courtney Upshaw

So, there's that...

That actually is pretty good for a January pre-combine mock.

Ah hem...

Manti Te’o’s Dead Girlfriend, The Most Heartbreaking And Inspirational Story Of The College Football Season, Is A Hoax

http://deadspin.com/...riend-is-a-hoax

Holy hell...

Edit: Initial reaction is shock, but I'm going to try to reserve judgment until this is investigated further. Can't tell you how many times I've heard the story.

Someone who posted under that article wrote, "Nosuch Dame" -- which is morbidly clever, if this turns out to be true.

BA

Edited by Bud Adams

Not. Going. To. Happen.

ARRRRRGGGGGHHH. There is no such thing as a "stretch" for a QB in the first round if your decision makers believe you have found a guy to lead your team for the next ten years. And Nassib is WAY too obvious.

This times ten bazillion

take teo in the 1st and landry jones in the second please

take teo in the 1st and landry jones in the second please

You want are Franchise to be losers the next 5 years ! Jones has slow feet slow release and will struggle at the speed of the NFL level and teo maybe with the third pick ! NOT !!!!!!!!!!!

The big difference is Von Miller never had a game where he was so thoroughly outplayed that he didn't look like he belonged on the same field with his opponent. I admit I did not see much of Te'o before the BCS championship. I've also heard the reasons like bad day, long layoff, and Alabama players are big and mean. Fine. But to see a guy who was that highly touted be rendered utterly useless is shocking and frightening. You can't just dust that off and say "ha ha, we all have bad days." Te'o looked small, slow, and showed terrible technique tacking...if you want to call getting flicked off like a booger an attempt at tackling. Sorry. If Te'o is that lost against Alabama, then what's gonna happen in the NFL?

PTR

So you're raising a red flag and basically calling Teo a dog (read: Aaron Maybin) based off of one game? And you freely admit you haven't really paid attention to his collegiate performance otherwise? Do I have that about right?

Brilliant!

On the other hand, how many of Von Miller's college games did you watch? Must've been all of 'em for you to proclaim that he "never" had a game where he was overmatched or had a bad day.

You're laying some pretty hefty whoppers on us.

Teo plays with a fire that Aaron Maybin couldn't duplicate if he drank a gallon of gasoline and swallowed a match. Maybin basically played one year at PSU and was given the "future star" tag by a bunch of geniuses who probably never picked up a football. Teo, meanwhile, is a four-year standout who just completed a senior year in which he was a Heisman finalist.

Yeah, your comparison totally makes sense!

C'mon, the dude -- and the entire team, by the way -- has one stink-ola game and suddenly he's trash. Well, I guess Thurman Thomas' career was complete garbage for his performances in three Super Bowls, right?

So you're raising a red flag and basically calling Teo a dog (read: Aaron Maybin) based off of one game? And you freely admit you haven't really paid attention to his collegiate performance otherwise? Do I have that about right?

Brilliant!

On the other hand, how many of Von Miller's college games did you watch? Must've been all of 'em for you to proclaim that he "never" had a game where he was overmatched or had a bad day.

You're laying some pretty hefty whoppers on us.

Teo plays with a fire that Aaron Maybin couldn't duplicate if he drank a gallon of gasoline and swallowed a match. Maybin basically played one year at PSU and was given the "future star" tag by a bunch of geniuses who probably never picked up a football. Teo, meanwhile, is a four-year standout who just completed a senior year in which he was a Heisman finalist.

Yeah, your comparison totally makes sense!

C'mon, the dude -- and the entire team, by the way -- has one stink-ola game and suddenly he's trash. Well, I guess Thurman Thomas' career was complete garbage for his performances in three Super Bowls, right?

Check those current events......Teo is a freakin weirdo