HC's Available Now

SoulMan

Gruden would be even worse for this team. His larger then the team attitude would not work here and with the community. He hasn't accomplished as much as his hype has shown him.

Cowher will probably never come back to coaching and I am fine with that for him.

Bringing in an outside coach at this point is a horrible idea, stay the course with Chan. If we win a lot then great. Either way, lets see what happens after the bye and what teams show up against Houston and NE. At the worst, inform Chan he will be let go at the end of the season.

???

Without even looking it up, he was an NFL head coach for what? 5 years? He won a freaking Super Bowl for the Bucs and had his Raiders team poised to win in New England, all the while turning Rich Gannon into an NFL MVP.

And I don't even like the guy.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gruden would be even worse for this team. His larger then the team attitude would not work here and with the community. He hasn't accomplished as much as his hype has shown him.

Cowher will probably never come back to coaching and I am fine with that for him.

Bringing in an outside coach at this point is a horrible idea, stay the course with Chan. If we win a lot then great. Either way, lets see what happens after the bye and what teams show up against Houston and NE. At the worst, inform Chan he will be let go at the end of the season.

Sounds like Chan himself wrote this for you.

Here are some people that I would like see interviewed...and I mostly want someone with a winning pedigree and NFL HC experience as this team lacks discipline! Someone with balls

B. Billick - SB pedigree, knows offense and defense, and did a great job as the OC for Vikes and HC for Balt.

Marrucci - An offensive minded guy that would maximize this teams offensive talents.

Ryan - DC Cowboys - a guy who would make WAY better use out of the talent on this D and has intensity, something our coaching staff sorely lacks. Only guy on this list without HC experience, but i think he is going to be a good HC.

Gruden - another guy who would better utilize this offense

Cowher - Pipe dream that will never happen

Out of all those guys u named I would like it to be Ryan... Going up against his brother twice a year will definitely make way to primetime games and will actually go out to prove our defense is good... He will make the defense better without a doubt with the players we have and he will hire an ACTUAL offensive coordinator and not coach it himself... Plus the guy has emotion which is ALWAYS a plus...

Most all of them wouldn't leave what they are doing to come to B/lo I for one would like to see the Bills give Marc Trestman a chance . THe guy is a winner & he is young enough to take on the challenge !!

He turned down an interview with the Bills, just like all the rest. Lets not forget that Gailey was like the 15th person on the list. They wanted somebody with previous NFL experience and had a winning record. Gailey did have an 18-14 record with the Cowboys. His record with the Bills 13-26. .342

Someone at OBD let it be known that the Bills would spend 10 million a year on new HC,and even interviewed Shanny,,and the chin because of that claim. But neither was hired and I seriously doubt either was offered that 10 million.

It really is a darn shame that this idiotic FO will pay 100 million to a player and low ball the top coaches.

This thread is retarded.

Billick? Really? Does Kyle Boller ring a bell? Billick had some of the best defenses in the NFL and couldn't get over the hump because of the QB HE DRAFTED! Kyle freaking Boller.

Mariucci? Yeah, lets bring in the guy that BENCHED STEVE YOUNG! Oh, wait. He did great in Detroit.

Cowher, Brian Schottenheimer, AND Mike Shanahan said no. NO. Do you get it? NO! They didn't want to come here.

Mike Nolan? Wow. At least he will look sharp dressed in his suit on the sideline while the Bills get their asses handed to them every week. Nolan was a horrible head coach. But sure, lets bring him in because we all think he will be better than Chan.

The grass isn't always greener on the other side. The past 13 years of losing, and regime changes and blowing it up to start all over should have taught us all that. It will get worse before it gets better. Prepare for it, cause its coming.

I'd like to see a young guy come in and take over, honestly i'd love to see Perry Fewell as our HC. He should have gotten the job when Jauron was booted, he's just one of those coaches that the players will give their all for and actually trust his play calling.

Most all of them wouldn't leave what they are doing to come to B/lo I for one would like to see the Bills give Marc Trestman a chance . THe guy is a winner & he is young enough to take on the challenge !!

actually Ryan would...hed get to face his brother twice a year.

Some other options are....but they would be offseason people.....

1. Jay Gruden

2. Zimmer DC of Cincinati

3. Fewell

4. DC Ryan

5. Univ of Oregon Coach

6. Iowa coach

5. Univ of Oregon Coach

6. Iowa coach

5: Chip Kelly

6: Kirk Ferentz

Why would either want to leave their current jobs and come to Buffalo? Not sure about Kelly, but Ferentz has been courted by the NFL a few times and has chosen to stay at Iowa.

Head Coach of a major FBS program is just as appealing as being an NFL Head Coach. Maybe more so. Look at Saban, he left the NFL to return to Division I/FBS. The only reason Pete Carrol left USC was because he knew sanctions were coming

So would I, but this owner didn't feel "comfortable" in hiring him back in 09 / 2010. Nix wanted to hire Martyball, Martyball desperately wanted the Bills HCing job. Ralph Wilson said no

I don't have a link b/c this was on Sirius NFL radio but I have heard Marty say a few times he doesn't want to coach, but rather, "enjoy the fruits of his labor". The guy is 70 years old, man. Everyone loves him because he came to play LB when the AFL Bills drafted him in 1965 but I think he is retired for good.

Here are some people that I would like see interviewed...and I mostly want someone with a winning pedigree and NFL HC experience as this team lacks discipline! Someone with balls

B. Billick - SB pedigree, knows offense and defense, and did a great job as the OC for Vikes and HC for Balt.

Marrucci - An offensive minded guy that would maximize this teams offensive talents.

Ryan - DC Cowboys - a guy who would make WAY better use out of the talent on this D and has intensity, something our coaching staff sorely lacks. Only guy on this list without HC experience, but i think he is going to be a good HC.

I'm liking the Billick concept

With Ralph on his deathbed soon, none of these guys is coming to a franchise where a complete housecleaning will take place by the new owner. We are stuck with what we have at this point I believe to a large extent, other than unproven guys who will take a shot at the NFL no matter where it is...

I would like Todd Haley, honestly. Guy is a bit of a clown, but I think we need someone who isnt afraid to get into players' faces.

Wouldnt work here though. The Bills' MO are to hire passive personalities for Coach, GM, etc. A strong personality would eat Brandon, etc alive IMO.

Edited by May Day 10

UFL just folded. Scoop up one or more of them. Fassel?

If we wanted to interview guys with coaching experience, he'd have my vote.

58-53-1 with the Giants, one SB appearance.

Won two championships with Las Vegas in the UFL.

For whatever reason however, and I'm sure it's a huge IF we all don't know about, he's been passed over for a variety of head coaching openings over the last several years.

Gruden could not adjust as the Raider HC and lead his team. Players hate him, too. In Tampa he took a team someone else built and won. He has done nothing in my eyes to warrant success as a HC. He also comes off as a pompous d-bag

Out of all those guys u named I would like it to be Ryan... Going up against his brother twice a year will definitely make way to primetime games and will actually go out to prove our defense is good... He will make the defense better without a doubt with the players we have and he will hire an ACTUAL offensive coordinator and not coach it himself... Plus the guy has emotion which is ALWAYS a plus...

This^^

Plus I would add that, although it may not be advisable for all teams, in the case of Buffalo, hiring some great former players as position coaches can't be a bad thing.

Tim-

One poster hit the nail on the head.

A head coach and QB brought in.

If i recall Belicheck is a 'retread'. No one in N.E is upset about that.

Its about getting the right guy and the right players to match.

And this whole 'no one wants to come to Buffalo' is crazy.

A young guy wanting to prove he can do the job with the right ego just might be what we need.

Maybe Josh McDaniel learned from his time in Denver, picked up some stuff from his time in NE again, and is ready?

I know i am just throwing a name out there, but one thing IS certain Chan and his entire staff are not the answer in 2013.

5: Chip Kelly

6: Kirk Ferentz

Why would either want to leave their current jobs and come to Buffalo? Not sure about Kelly, but Ferentz has been courted by the NFL a few times and has chosen to stay at Iowa.

Head Coach of a major FBS program is just as appealing as being an NFL Head Coach. Maybe more so. Look at Saban, he left the NFL to return to Division I/FBS. The only reason Pete Carrol left USC was because he knew sanctions were coming

Kelly was courted by the Bucs. He turned them down. After he wins the national championship this year, just like JJ he will head to the NFL for even more hardware. A team like the Bills would have to pony up big time. Say 5 years 20 million per. ALL guaranteed. That should do the trick.

Chip Kelly is ready for the transition into the NFL, it's all up to Ralph to overpay him to the tune of around 10 million a year. Then prepare for a parade in B-Lo.

My thoughts regarging top line HC candidates -

Typically ownership changes you typically see a change at the top with the GM, HC ets etc etc.

As long as Ralph is owner - which "top line" HC will want to take a job IF he expects to keep a job long term? All we can do is wait until either Ralph passing or he's just had enough".

IIRC, Chan signed a 3 yr deal. There is no need to inform him he will be let go at the end of the season. He knows....win or you're gone.

We need a BIG change in the culture of the team--retreads ain't gonna do that, in a few years maybe Mangini would be worth a shot but he won't get players to play for him until he wins, so that leaves (gag) a guy like Rob Ryan. He can show these quitters how to play like men and will surely find ways to use all of those apathetic, unmotivated and underachieving weapons on def. As someone else pointed out he'll have to bring in a real OC and I'm sure he'd bring on someone like himself not some old fart whose been around the block Russ Grimm was poised for greatness perhaps they'd be a good tandem... Then we draft an f'ing QB even if we have to trade up--Skins seem happy with RG III (NOT THAT I ADVOCATE TRADING THAT MANY PICKS!!!). We're close--the QB, some WR help and LBs. And the change in culture!

Edited by biggerdaddynj

I still like Chan as OC, I wonder if he'd be willing to be demoted in favor of Rob Ryan or Perry Fewell.

Rob Ryan ?? /Not sure if I want a Ryan on the field for Buff.

Perry Fewell maybe - Buffalo Bills defensive coordinator 2006 to 2009 and served as the interim head coach post Juaron. In what was statistically their best season under Fewell, the 2008 Bills defense ranked 2nd in the AFC in negative yardage plays, recorded 7 games of holding opposing offenses to less than 100 yards rushing, finished 4th in the NFL in red zone defense (41.8%), and allowed just 14 passing TDs all year. Fired with the rest of the coaching staff.

Statistically the best YET the Putrids kept beating Buffalo year after year.

2006 v Putz

L 19-17

L 28-6

Bills record 7-9

2005 v Putz

L 21–16

L 35–7

Bills record 5-11

2004 v Putz

L 31–17

L 29–6

Bills record 9-7