HC's Available Now

SoulMan

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gruden would be even worse for this team. His larger then the team attitude would not work here and with the community. He hasn't accomplished as much as his hype has shown him.

Cowher will probably never come back to coaching and I am fine with that for him.

Bringing in an outside coach at this point is a horrible idea, stay the course with Chan. If we win a lot then great. Either way, lets see what happens after the bye and what teams show up against Houston and NE. At the worst, inform Chan he will be let go at the end of the season.

I keep hearing nobody wants to come to Buffalo but its not Buffalo its the coaching staff & QB & player will want to come to anyplace that can win, you get a great coach & QB that solves the problem & money isn't the problem every team has the same cap, its totally on the coach & QB

Here are some people that I would like see interviewed...and I mostly want someone with a winning pedigree and NFL HC experience as this team lacks discipline! Someone with balls

B. Billick - SB pedigree, knows offense and defense, and did a great job as the OC for Vikes and HC for Balt.

Marrucci - An offensive minded guy that would maximize this teams offensive talents.

Ryan - DC Cowboys - a guy who would make WAY better use out of the talent on this D and has intensity, something our coaching staff sorely lacks. Only guy on this list without HC experience, but i think he is going to be a good HC.

Gruden - another guy who would better utilize this offense

Cowher - Pipe dream that will never happen

Edited by Alphadawg7

Here are some people that I would like see interviewed...and I mostly want someone with a winning pedigree and NFL HC experience as this team lacks discipline! Someone with balls

B. Billick - SB pedigree, knows offense and defense, and did a great job as the OC for Vikes and HC for Balt.

Marrucci - An offensive minded guy that would maximize this teams offensive talents.

Ryan - DC Cowboys - a guy who would make WAY better use out of the talent on this D and has intensity, something our coaching staff sorely lacks. Only guy on this list without HC experience, but i think he is going to be a good HC.

Gruden - another guy who would better utilize this offense

Cowher - Pipe dream that will never happen

Most all of them wouldn't leave what they are doing to come to B/lo I for one would like to see the Bills give Marc Trestman a chance . THe guy is a winner & he is young enough to take on the challenge !!

No way an established HC or hot commodity coordinator even wants to come to Buffalo as HC. An established HC will do like Cowher and Shanny did, say thanks but no thanks. A hot commodity coordinator will interview and go thru the motions but might have second thoughts about accepting an offer.

Buffalo isn't a desirable situation for coaching prospects. We're stuck with retreads like Jauron and Gailey or 2nd tier assistants like Mularkey

Maybe a second tier college HC. What was that former coach of University of Buffalo that went to Kansas? Maybe he wants a job

Edited by /dev/null

No way an established HC or hot commodity coordinator even wants to come to Buffalo as HC. An established HC will do like Cowher and Shanny did, say thanks but no thanks. A hot commodity coordinator will interview and go thru the motions but might have second thoughts about accepting an offer.

Buffalo isn't a desirable situation for coaching prospects. We're stuck with retreads like Jauron and Gailey or 2nd tier assistants like Mularkey

Maybe a second tier college HC. What was that former coach of University of Buffalo that went to Kansas? Maybe he wants a job

A proven HC no. But a up and coming OC/DC I believe would. Look at Brian Shottenheimer. He was on fire and missed his opportunity when he said no thanks to the Bills. And now he's buried in St. Louis. You don't pass up a HC job, or even an interview in the NFL.

I for one, would love to see Mike Nolan next year.

Edited by It's in My Blood

This is Turner Gill returning your call, I appreciate the offer but Liberty University offers a better opportunity at this time.

A proven HC no. But a up and coming OC/DC I believe would. Look at Marty Shottenheimer Jr. He was on fire and missed his opportunity when he said no thanks to the Bills. And now he's buried in St. Louis. You don't pass up a HC job, or even an interview in the NFL.

I'm guessing you mean Brian Schottenheimer although he has another son Kurt.

Horrendous coaching and QBing in the last 2 minutes. Neither was NFL caliber performance.

Same as last week

I'm 100% serious when I say this: In the 4th quarter today with us winning I actually pictured this team in the AFC Championship game against the Houston Texans. A wild card team sneaking our way to the conference championship.

It's nice to dream

A proven HC no. But a up and coming OC/DC I believe would. Look at Marty Shottenheimer Jr. He was on fire and missed his opportunity when he said no thanks to the Bills. And now he's buried in St. Louis. You don't pass up a HC job, or even an interview in the NFL.

:thumbsup:

I agree with this...

Buffalo courted Cowher for weeks and he had no interest, but recommended Gailey. Shanahan had what..? An 8-10 hour interview with the Bills and said no thanks. Gruden would stay in the booth before he takes on a massive challenge like Buffalo.

The only real shot the Bills organization has at hitting a home run with a head coach is going after a top NFL assistant or coordinator or possibly a good college HC. Though, as /dev/null says, they'd have to actually accept the job which is no guarantee.

In my opinion, the best way is to take a chance on an NFL assistant... and hope they accept the offer. Buffalo had this chance in the past with guys like John Fox, Marvin Lewis, Leslie Frazier, etc. But of course, they didn't end up here... What a surprise.

brian billick would take the job. so would mike martz

gailey ain't great but he ain't the source of the bills no. 1 problem- lack of an NFL starting QB.

wanny ain't great either but he would suffice if there was more talent at LB and DB.

I'm guessing you mean Brian Schottenheimer although he has another son Kurt.

Established coaches wanted no part of the job three years ago. Now it's even less appealing. No one good is coming to the Bills.

Yea SJ, my bad.

If anything, its more appealing. We have a top 5 offensive line, a pair of stud RBs, a solid receiver core, and a ton of misused talent on defense.

Edited by It's in My Blood

After enduring every game in the season so far, I have finally decided to post my utter disgust. I have been a staunch defender of both Chan, Nix and Fitz, but after what the Bills have been showcasing, I am through with accepting mediocrity in all its forms.

Fitz is not the answer, or even anything serviceable at the QB position. He has too many errant throws throughout all quarters of every game to be a solution to the postseason-challenged Bills quarterback issues.

While I have enjoyed the success that Chan has had with the offense, he has clearly shown that when it comes to crunch time, he is incapable of making good decisions. Too many times in the last 3 years have the Bills passed the ball late in a game that they are winning, just to go 3 and out and preserve time on the clock for the opponent and give them the opportunity to win the game.

I have been enamored with how much better the Bills drafts have improved since the departure of T. Modrak & co. Nix has done a good job with the scouting department (as he should have), and most of the higher round players are doing a decent job of proving their worth. However, with the recent Sunday performances, I will be absolutely abhorred if he does not change the coaching staff completely at the resolution of the season. It is now the third year in the rebuilding project and there are no excuses anymore for the putrid product that we have all been viewing on the field. Nix needs to do 2 things in order to retain my confidence in him as a GM. First, he needs to obtain a new coaching staff, and second he needs to draft one of the top 2 QB's available in the upcoming draft.

Billick was actually interested back when they got Chan, but they never interviewed him.

That said, nothing will change until ownership does. Chan will eventually be shown the door, some new guy will come in and say he needs two years to "rebuild," will be just as bad as Chan, and the revolving door of coaches will continue until the Bills have an ownership and management structure that actually cares.

After enduring every game in the season so far, I have finally decided to post my utter disgust. I have been a staunch defender of both Chan, Nix and Fitz, but after what the Bills have been showcasing, I am through with accepting mediocrity in all its forms.

Fitz is not the answer, or even anything serviceable at the QB position. He has too many errant throws throughout all quarters of every game to be a solution to the postseason-challenged Bills quarterback issues.

While I have enjoyed the success that Chan has had with the offense, he has clearly shown that when it comes to crunch time, he is incapable of making good decisions. Too many times in the last 3 years have the Bills passed the ball late in a game that they are winning, just to go 3 and out and preserve time on the clock for the opponent and give them the opportunity to win the game.

I have been enamored with how much better the Bills drafts have improved since the departure of T. Modrak & co. Nix has done a good job with the scouting department (as he should have), and most of the higher round players are doing a decent job of proving their worth. However, with the recent Sunday performances, I will be absolutely abhorred if he does not change the coaching staff completely at the resolution of the season. It is now the third year in the rebuilding project and there are no excuses anymore for the putrid product that we have all been viewing on the field. Nix needs to do 2 things in order to retain my confidence in him as a GM. First, he needs to obtain a new coaching staff, and second he needs to draft one of the top 2 QB's available in the upcoming draft.

Agreed.

If anything, its more appealing. We have a top 5 offensive line, a pair of stud RBs, a solid receiver core, and a ton of misused talent on defense.

And a meddling owner who is known to make his own personnel decisions. But, after all, he is the owner.

Anyways, so what if we can't get a hot coordinator to take the job? There's always some up-and-coming offensive quality control or assistant tight end coaches who may interview for the job.

Edited by kas23

:thumbsup:

Horrendous coaching and QBing in the last 2 minutes. Neither was NFL caliber performance.

It's really simple. When you lead the AFC in rushing yards per carry, and you have to kill the clock, YOUR RUN THE BALL. You don't throw out of an empty set, and then throw an interception. TERRIBLE COACH, TERRIBLE QB. (TERRIBLE D ALSO)

100% agree.

No one wants to bother with a loser owner in a city that cannot support an NFL-quality team. Until the owner or the team moves on, it won't matter. Worst professional sports franchise in the United States.

You have some competition with the Pittsburgh Pirates. I'm a fan of both. They both suck, and just when you think they can't suck any worse, they find a new way to hit a new low. Chan and Fitz must go.

Nothing matters until:

1. Credible new ownership takes over and completely cleans out the entire front office & coaching staff

2. Team is in position to obtain a QB with great potential & upside.

Once those two things happen, the team will be able to attract decent GM & HC candidates IF the new ownership is willing to open up the checkbook for them. Definitely easier said than done, but that is the ONLY way I see true improvement happening with this franchise. Until then, you can list all the retreads & desperate asst. coaches you want, it just doesn't matter.

I'm tired of hearing the names Billick, Cowher, Gruden, etc.

More guys that have been out of the NFL for years. The game evolves year to year and it will pass you by.

Getting one of those guys..you'd have serious growing pains as they get caught up for the years missed, rebooting the team in the image that worked for them back in the day...not really knowing if it's still relevant.

If you *had* to dig up an ex-coach, at least look at the guys who used to be in the UFL (Fassel, Green, etc.) At least those guys are still coaching and generally more up to date with the intricacies of the game.

we gave up 35 for the 4th time so far.....and we focus on offense- unreal

first George Edwards is the problem now it's Dave Wannstadt- put it on the players not getting it done. Beat your man and they cant do it

Edited by CardinalScotts

Most all of them wouldn't leave what they are doing to come to B/lo I for one would like to see the Bills give Marc Trestman a chance . THe guy is a winner & he is young enough to take on the challenge !!

I totally agree. He has plenty of experience..

I would get Urban Meyer. He is up to any challenge..