Colin Kaepernick [get 'er dun!]

I was wondering what people would think of a trade for Colin kaepernick. I would drop a second round pic for him in a heart beat. I think he is the best back up in the league and is stuck behind alex smith on the depth chart. I would love to see the bills make a move for him because I don't see us being a top 5 pick in next years draft and we will not trade up to get the QB that we need. Fitz is just way to inconsistent to go another year with.

• Kaepernick has a strong arm.
  • is one of those athletes that would be feared at the position.
  • he has been coached up for a little over a year under one of the leagues quarterback gurus in harbaugh
  • he was drafted in the second round

I would go as far as giving up a 2nd and a 3rd for him in season or maybe the first pick in the off season depending on where we fall.

Edited by buffalover4life

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering what people would think of a trade for Colin kaepernick. I would drop a second round pic for him in a heart beat. I think he is the best back up in the league and is stuck behind alex smith on the depth chart. I would love to see the bills make a move for him because I don't see us being a top 5 pick in next years draft and we will not trade up to get the QB that we need. Fitz is just way to inconsistent to go another year with.

• he has been coached up for a little over a year under one of the leagues quarterback gurus in harbaugh

I would go as far as giving up a 2nd and a 3rd for him in season or maybe the first pick in the off season depending on where we fall.

Why not.

What does that mean??? He stuck behind a pretty good QB so that makes him trash?? Is that what you trying to say??? Steve Young was stuck behind Joe Montana so that makes him trash huh???

I wouldn't trade a 1st for smith, why would I for his backup?

Alex smith is pretty middle of the pack. If you'd deal your young backup cause he can't unseat smith- and it's this qb guru making that judgement - maybe you should think twice?

Definitely like Caper but I thought he was inconsistent too, would rather have Mallet.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Alex smith is pretty middle of the pack. If you'd deal your young backup cause he can't unseat smith- and it's this qb guru making that judgement - maybe you should think twice?

it's hard to unseat a quarterback that is winning. he is good enough for harbaugh to get him involved in their game plan.

it's hard to unseat a quarterback that is winning. he is good enough for harbaugh to get him involved in their game plan.

Brad smith is just as involved.

Come on - were discussing trading for a backup to a middle of the pack qb. One we passed on just last year. The justification - he's got a qb guru coaching him, which makes him really good, but totally expendable somehow.

And I'm the one getting skeptical replies?

Definitely like Caper but I thought he was inconsistent too, would rather have Mallet.

Atleast he's stuck behind an actually great qb.

They should Make another deal with the devil for a quarterback.

Nix should Kiss the Hoody's ring and deal for Mallett.

Yep We'd get Bledsoe with mobility and some one familiar with Darth Sidious

Brad smith is just as involved.

Come on - were discussing trading for a backup to a middle of the pack qb. One we passed on just last year. The justification - he's got a qb guru coaching him, which makes him really good, but totally expendable somehow.

And I'm the one getting skeptical replies?

Atleast he's stuck behind an actually great qb.

True :lol:

LOVE Kaepernick. -But you can't trust Gailey with young talent. FIRE GAILEY. Then get QB.

Who knows, Maybe West Viginia's Holgerson will want a head coaching gig! -What if he brought Geno Smith with him? Or better still, Logan Thomas running Holgerson's offense? -That'd be pretty dang good.

I think this is the plan we need to pursue...not necessarily Kapernick, but we need to target a young back-up who has shown some flashes and trade for them. I know we tried to grab Harrell last season, and that's the sort of thing i"m talking about. Find someone they targeted in the draft but missed out on, bring him in here and let him compete with TJax. Fitz can be the backup. Not drafting any QBs these last two years was just stupid. I once heard a GM say you should ALWAYS take a QB in every draft (may have been Thompson in GB....not sure). You just never know who will develop and it's worth it to have a young kid on the roster.

They should Make another deal with the devil for a quarterback.

Nix should Kiss the Hoody's ring and deal for Mallett.

I've said this before, The Bills are in a position to have to allow someone else to develop their future QB (since they refuse to draft one high). I'd love for them to trade for Mallett or Kaepernick. Let's face it, Brady still has another 3-4 very good years in him.

WHOA WHOA WHOA who said anything about a 1st round pick? Thats absurd id do a 4 with stipulation to become a 3.. No bueno at a 1st.. You forget he was a 2nd round pick... If Alex is middle of the pack then Fitzdiarrhea has got to be at the bottom...

Never going to happen. The only reason he's not starting is because Harbaugh wants to give him another year before throwing him out there. You already see he's trying to get his feet wet with putting him for occassional packages. They're very high on the kid - just want to give him time in the system.

WHOA WHOA WHOA who said anything about a 1st round pick? Thats absurd id do a 4 with stipulation to become a 3.. No bueno at a 1st.. You forget he was a 2nd round pick... If Alex is middle of the pack then Fitzdiarrhea has got to be at the bottom...

The OP said atleast a 2, even a 2 and a 3 - heck he even threw a 1st as an option at the end of the year.

alex smith is easily middle of the pack - im sure you can rattle off about 15 names in mere seconds that are "better qbs." not trying to blast AS with that statement, average isnt bad - its just not great.

so you would be kind enough to offer 2 rounds later than he was drafted just a year ago? and why would the niners want that, especially if hes remotely talented in their evaluations?

Edited by NoSaint

I watched a lot of Kaep's college games and he really is a remarkable talent. I believe he's got the potential to be not just a better Tebow, but a better Vick. He is big, fast and he's got a cannon. Not many QBs like him. Frankly, I don't see Harbaugh letting him go. He's probably going to start for the Niners next year if he continues to grow and perform as he has.

• 1 month later...

Looks good tonight on the 49ers. That's great for him. Glad it's working out there.

I could easily see him flaming out in Buffalo as well a la Losman. Different teams, different offenses, different situations.

49ers have no plan of moving him, and I dont want Smith.

Agreed on all fronts, and will add not to forget its just one game though. Has some real skills but a lot to prove still

Matt Flynn..the hawks clearly like what they got in wilson why sit on flynns big pay day....No thanks on Alex smith or Colin simply because 49ers are a system offense and Id rather keep my 1st or 2nd round pick then pay the ransom for one of those two...Also you can have Rivers for free soon why not ? He is still young and was a top 10 qb in past seasons might need a new home soon...

for what it's worth, regarding the sudden Kaepernick hype: here's Trent Edwards numbers from his first career start (17-14 win over Jets): 22 of 28 for 234 yards, with TD and interception.

perhaps should wait a week or 2 before krowning Kaepernick king.

then again, in this day and age, all bets are off given the need to instantly place a label on everything and everyone. afterall, espn, this evening, enshrined not one, not two, but three active players into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. didn't even realize they had a vote.

jw