Colin Kaepernick [get 'er dun!]

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for what it's worth, regarding the sudden Kaepernick hype: here's Trent Edwards numbers from his first career start (17-14 win over Jets): 22 of 28 for 234 yards, with TD and interception.

perhaps should wait a week or 2 before krowning Kaepernick king.

then again, in this day and age, all bets are off given the need to instantly place a label on everything and everyone. afterall, espn, this evening, enshrined not one, not two, but three active players into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. didn't even realize they had a vote.

jw

Statistically, they might have been close. But Kaepernick looks way better than Edwards did. He is more athletic - able to escape the pocket and still get off a nice throw OR bust a huge run, his arm is ridiculously strong and he also read the defense remarkably well. When they started running the wildcat offense this year everyone said that he was a Tebow 2.0, but really, I think he's closer to an RG3. He has the arm and the legs, but can also stand tall in the pocket and make a great pass. RG3 is obviously incredible, but Kaepernick also has the potential to be great, he just needed some time for development.

Not a terrible idea. Better than the QB's that will be available when I'm expecting we draft (around 12-19).

So, we should trade for a QB that was just drafted in the second round because there are never any QB's worth drafting after the middle of the first round? Am I understanding that correctly?

I was wondering what people would think of a trade for Colin kaepernick. I would drop a second round pic for him in a heart beat. I think he is the best back up in the league and is stuck behind alex smith on the depth chart. I would love to see the bills make a move for him because I don't see us being a top 5 pick in next years draft and we will not trade up to get the QB that we need. Fitz is just way to inconsistent to go another year with.

• Kaepernick has a strong arm.
  • is one of those athletes that would be feared at the position.
  • he has been coached up for a little over a year under one of the leagues quarterback gurus in harbaugh
  • he was drafted in the second round

I would go as far as giving up a 2nd and a 3rd for him in season or maybe the first pick in the off season depending on where we fall.

we should have dropped a second on him when he came out. That year I wanted Kaepernick before I got poisoned by the kool aid and switched to Gabbert, which is why I'm not buying Barkley and Smith and sticking with Jones.

They traded up to get him in the second round of that draft. Kaepernick is a keeper, they will deal Smith before they let him go.

The way I see it, we had our chance on Kaepernick and passed. There were a few of us here, myself included, who wanted BUF to get this kid. Now we get to watch...

Kaepernick may be starting even when smith is back. Harbaugh post game wouldnt commit to either one, saying they go with who ever has the hot hand. And right now they both do. Also the fact they went after Manning in the off season shows they're not totally sold on smith and are looking for an upgrade.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I was wondering what people would think of a trade for Colin kaepernick. I would drop a second round pic for him in a heart beat. I think he is the best back up in the league and is stuck behind alex smith on the depth chart. I would love to see the bills make a move for him because I don't see us being a top 5 pick in next years draft and we will not trade up to get the QB that we need. Fitz is just way to inconsistent to go another year with.

• he has been coached up for a little over a year under one of the leagues quarterback gurus in harbaugh

I would go as far as giving up a 2nd and a 3rd for him in season or maybe the first pick in the off season depending on where we fall.

If they wanted him they should have drafted him. Kaepernick is not going anywhere. He will stay in S.F. and eventually become the starter and a very good one. I was hoping the Bills would draft him, but they didn't. S.F. will not trade this guy. He is going to be a very good NFL QB.

one name. Rob Johnson.

we should have dropped a second on him when he came out. That year I wanted Kaepernick before I got poisoned by the kool aid and switched to Gabbert, which is why I'm not buying Barkley and Smith and sticking with Jones.

If your endorsement of Gabbert isn't damning of your judgment of talent, I don't know what is, BB :)

Edited by JM57

I was wondering what people would think of a trade for Colin kaepernick.

Wishful dreams. If they dump a QB, it will be Alex Smith.

Harbaugh names Kappy as starter over Smith...did I hear that right on ESPN??

From the audio I heard ... he will go with the QB with the hot hand. THAT means what? Nothing is set in stone. Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Kaepernick schmapernick......... Besides we got Aaron "where'd that WR go" Williams

And we all know fitz is turning the corner soon right.

Just think... The Bills could have had Andy Dalton too.

That is... Aaron Williams goes before Dalton (Pro Bowler) and Kaepernick in 2011... And in 2006, Cutler (Pro Bowler) goes after Whitner... And you wonder why the Bills have chronic QB problems!

Brad smith is just as involved.

Come on - were discussing trading for a backup to a middle of the pack qb. One we passed on just last year. The justification - he's got a qb guru coaching him, which makes him really good, but totally expendable somehow.

And I'm the one getting skeptical replies?

Atleast he's stuck behind an actually great qb.

wait, so we value QB's by who they played back up to, now? Come on, Colin was a highly valued developmental QB, who has shown improvment every time he's seen the field.

And other than missing a couple if deep throws, LONG, I liked how he played.

I do like Kaepernick...BUT,

It's ONE game, we've seen this many times before. More often than not it's a fluke (Kolb, Rob Johnson, Matt Flynn [too early to judge], Matt Cassel [entire season, system success]...).

More importantly I don't think the 49ers have any desire whatsoever to trade Kaepernick. I think they believe he can run that offense better than Smith (they were using him before Smith got hurt), and that they think he is their QB of the future. A second rnd pick won't persuade them (he was an early 2nd rounder, that would make no sense). The only reasonable thing I could think of is a 1st and 2nd, something along those lines. But again, it was one game, and the 49ers most likely aren't interested in trading him.

It's probably far more likely they would trade Smith, pending the outcome of this season. No thanks to that though...

I do like Kaepernick...BUT,

It's ONE game, we've seen this many times before. More often than not it's a fluke (Kolb, Rob Johnson, Matt Flynn [too early to judge], Matt Cassel [entire season, system success]...).

More importantly I don't think the 49ers have any desire whatsoever to trade Kaepernick. I think they believe he can run that offense better than Smith (they were using him before Smith got hurt), and that they think he is their QB of the future. A second rnd pick won't persuade them (he was an early 2nd rounder, that would make no sense). The only reasonable thing I could think of is a 1st and 2nd, something along those lines. But again, it was one game, and the 49ers most likely aren't interested in trading him.

It's probably far more likely they would trade Smith, pending the outcome of this season. No thanks to that though...

One game? Didn't Kap play last week? His WC play is pretty good from what I had seen and heard.

I think they will stick with Kap in the long run over Smith

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever