Colin Kaepernick [get 'er dun!]

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was Gilmore the corner that stopped the slant on the one before the half? That was great play

yes he was. He also should have had that defended pass on Reggie Wayne at the end, but wad flagged. He did good against Larry Fitzgerald, and Andre Johnson as well Edited by JaxBills

yes he was. He also should have had that defended pass on Reggie Wayne at the end, but wad flagged. He did good against Larry Fitzgerald, and Andre Johnson as well

I don't even mind that penalty on it's own. Gilmore was grabbing some jersey there. However, given that they didn't call the blatant hold on Dareus while Luck was standing in the endzone a few snaps before (which would have resulted in a safety) I had thought that the refs were taking "let them play" mentality. I guess that only went in one direction.

I don't even mind that penalty on it's own. Gilmore was grabbing some jersey there. However, given that they didn't call the blatant hold on Dareus while Luck was standing in the endzone a few snaps before (which would have resulted in a safety) I had thought that the refs were taking "let them play" mentality. I guess that only went in one direction.

The hold on Kyle Williams on the first play of the game was about as flagrant as you'll ever see - again a no-call.

to think we could have had EITHER dalton or kaepernick instead of aaron williams in the 2nd round makes ya sick.....

McGee, and Mckelvin were our only corners at the time Aaron Williams was drafted. That makes ya sick.

Wait until Mallett's career starts taking off....

just not like Matt Jones I hope.

on third and desperate, Gilmore was playing physical, and tight. It didn't look like that bad a hold. Other refs may have called it a different way, and maybe not. I do love the way he goes after the ball while recivers are making the catch. What happened to the ball skills Aaron Williams had to start last year? Edited by JaxBills

Beware of back up QBs that have a few good starts. Think Kevin Kolb, Matt Cassell, Matt Ryan and our own Rob Johnson. Might was well draft a QB than waste multiple draft picks. The NFL has changed in the past 10 years. You need an above average QB to win and get to the Super Bowl.

As I said before, the time to "get er done" was when we were on the clock and chose Williams instead of him. Teams do not regularly let go of you young promising QB's once they prove they have real potential.

This is why you go get a guy when you see one you like and don't bank on him being there 32 picks later.

Edited by Alphadawg7

see we do agree when i narrow down your point to this one word. trent had it, too.

all i'm suggesting is that after one game we all hold off the superlatives and not yet buy into all the hype. it was one game. one. it was not the super bowl. he's not headed into the hall of fame just yet. i don't even know if the comparisons to RGIII are fair. good god, it was one game.

jw

You are creating a false condition in considering CK in a trade (which would never happen from the 49ers' standpoint). No one is anointing CP as the next Steve Young, a HOF player. Kaepernick was an enticing draft prospect with multiple abilities that the Bills passed over for a CB prospect.

The 49ers already had a capable (average) starting qb in Alex Smith who brought the team to the brink of a SB appearance. The Bills don't even have a legitimate NFL starter with their very limited and erratic qb in Fitz. The Bills continue their search that has stretched longer than a generation for a franchise qb. The 49ers now have two qbs who are better than what we have.

The bottom line is that 49ers are staffed at the qb position with Alex Smith and CP. The Bills are staffed at the qb position with Fitz, Thigpen and Jackson. It's not too challenging to determine which is the better managed organization. I will certainly give more credibility to Harbaugh's judgment on qb prospects than to Nix/Gailey's judgment.

Edited by JohnC