Fred "disappointed" after today's practice

JÂy RÛßeÒ

http://wgr550.com/two-bills-drive/14342604

After practice there was disappointment in his voice and said, “I got some good work in. There’s some things that need to be worked on, but it’s good to be back out here and test it a little bit.” To be specific Jackson said, “Some of the cutting and adjusting like a guy coming at me being able to get in and out of that didn’t go as clean as I wanted it to so it’s something else to work on and hopefully it’ll get better this week.” Jackson is listed as limited on the injury report.

am i the only one who thinks white is quicker to the hole and tougher to bring down? i'd like to see him at least splitting carries with choice 50/50.

I think White's main problem is the same as what Spiller's was originally. That is, picking up blitzers. So Gailey gives up some speed, and probably productivity, in order to play it safe in protecting Fitz.

Exactly. Pass protection and the added assurance that mental mistakes will not be committed.

NFL Coaches are very wary of leaning on young players in big games.

I am not afraid of Choice playing this weekend. If I played fantasy football I would even start him. I can see whoever we play to get 100+ yards.

It's like the Denver offense from the mid-90s. You can pull guys off the street and they'll get 100 yards.

It's like the Denver offense from the mid-90s. You can pull guys off the street and they'll get 100 yards.

And nothing about NE's run defense scares me. I think their DL is poor enough to allow our OL to get to their LB's. That or just play action them holding them still a minute or just run CMac over them. I am waiting for a breakout game from CMac.

DO NOT play Freddie or CJ if they are not ready PLEASE Chan.....

We need these guys healthy for the long haul

What about this idea?

Dress Spiller for the game… there's nothing wrong with his wheels. His very presence on the field completely changes the dynamics of the game. Use him as a decoy from time to time.

Then as the game progresses and he becomes more comfortable and the adrenaline kicks in and the Cheatriots*** start to take for granted that he's a decoy, you find ways to get him the ball in space.

Tell him to avoid contact and run out of bounds like Dennis Allen has instructed Darren McFadden to do.

What scares me the most is that our passing game is weak without CJ or Fred. Missing Nelson hurts. We like swing passes, screens, etc. And that's one place Choice is not very good. It's fine between the tackles, but doesn't give us the pass catching and run after catch that CJ and Fred do. Therefore, we need HUGE games from Stevie and Donald Jones.

Choice's ball security warned me a bit against Cleveland. Looked pretty close to fumbling the ball on a couple of occasions.

He had issues as a Cowboy.

That's why he got ran out of Dallas... B-)

YEP!!!

That's why he got ran out of Dallas... B-)

YEP!!!

What scares me the most is that our passing game is weak without CJ or Fred. Missing Nelson hurts. We like swing passes, screens, etc. And that's one place Choice is not very good. It's fine between the tackles, but doesn't give us the pass catching and run after catch that CJ and Fred do. Therefore, we need HUGE games from Stevie and Donald Jones.

And Scott Chandler.

The Gnats had to rest Bradshaw, and Nicks against a pretty good team.

The reserves came out, and made good. Why? -Because a STANDARD had already been established. Those kids knew they needed to play at, or exceed the level of the guys they were replacing.

Why does NYG's D still play like they're being led by Mike Strahan? Because Strahan set a standard that is still being followed by Tuck and Umenyiora today.

Fred an CJ have also set a Standard, and I believe the Young'ns (T. Choice, McIntyre, and White) will follow. Gailey should have a little more faith in them.

The Gnats had to rest Bradshaw, and Nicks against a pretty good team.

The reserves came out, and made good. Why? -Because a STANDARD had already been established. Those kids knew they needed to play at, or exceed the level of the guys they were replacing.

Why does NYG's D still play like they're being led by Mike Strahan? Because Strahan set a standard that is still being followed by Tuck and Umenyiora today.

Fred an CJ have also set a Standard, and I believe the Young'ns (T. Choice, McIntyre, and White) will follow. Gailey should have a little more faith in them.

Lets hope so... Choice hasnt been here that long though either

DO NOT play Freddie or CJ if they are not ready PLEASE Chan.....

We need these guys healthy for the long haul

Sorry John but that is the wrong attitude to have. This is a huge game, a game where if we win we would essentially going up 3 games against our biggest threat when tie breakers a factored in. I know it is early but these division games are very important, especially at home. If they are healthy to go & can be productive you play them. What are you saving them for? When we are 4-8 & playing Jacksonville in another meaningless December game in Orchard Park?

What about this idea?

Dress Spiller for the game… there's nothing wrong with his wheels. His very presence on the field completely changes the dynamics of the game. Use him as a decoy from time to time.

Then as the game progresses and he becomes more comfortable and the adrenaline kicks in and the Cheatriots*** start to take for granted that he's a decoy, you find ways to get him the ball in space.

Tell him to avoid contact and run out of bounds like Dennis Allen has instructed Darren McFadden to do.

Why not just sign Lee Evans, the ultimate decoy?

Sorry John but that is the wrong attitude to have. This is a huge game, a game where if we win we would essentially going up 3 games against our biggest threat when tie breakers a factored in. I know it is early but these division games are very important, especially at home. If they are healthy to go & can be productive you play them. What are you saving them for? When we are 4-8 & playing Jacksonville in another meaningless December game in Orchard Park?

How effective do you think a RB can be if he comes back on a bad knee? If he's not ready they should sit him. If a RB isn't confident in his knee he's not going to perform well. Coming back too early won't help them this week or in future weeks.

I know it's early in the season, but this is the biggest game in Buffalo in a long long time. Let's hope he is good enough to go.

:lol:

C'mon now... last year's game was just as big. We won it... and then look at what happened.

I still think we should sit both this week and only bring them back when 100% (or close enough).

How effective do you think a RB can be if he comes back on a bad knee? If he's not ready they should sit him. If a RB isn't confident in his knee he's not going to perform well. Coming back too early won't help them this week or in future weeks.

I said if he could be productive play him. I can't believe how many people in this thread are treating this game as some throw away game & if we lose no big deal. It is a big deal & if your to biggest weapons on offense are healthy & go provide production you play them.

I prefer to lose this week, and be better for the rest of the season, vs better chance of winning this week and being worse for the rest of the season.

How is that hard to understand? It's not a throwaway game, but one game is less important than 12 games.