What would you do if.....

It's Monday morning/afternoon and I think I am still in the wake of a hangover. However, I feel a little optimistic this afternoon.

I have always said if Buffalo makes it to another Superbowl, I will be in Buffalo to watch it. (I have traveled and lived many places and currently live in PR)

Anybody on TBD have any plans or promises they want to make if Buffalo manages to get a ring?

I personally promise free Puerto Rican Rum to any Buffalo fan who wants it.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1342461570[/url]' post='2505585']

I'd cry.

Yeah me too. Less, I think, for my own joy and more for dearly departed Bills fans who won't see it happen.

I disagree with the prevailing wisdom that it doesn't/ wouldn't change anything in fans lives. Having been labeled 'losers' my entire life for my fandom of Buffalo pro sports, there will be a difference in my stride and real proof that anything great can happen.

Will I still endure life's brush back pitches? Of course. But my lifelong fandom will have been rewarded with a world championship.

Yeah me too. Less, I think, for my own joy and more for dearly departed Bills fans who won't see it happen.

I disagree with the prevailing wisdom that it doesn't/ wouldn't change anything in fans lives. Having been labeled 'losers' my entire life for my fandom of Buffalo pro sports, there will be a difference in my stride and real proof that anything great can happen.

Will I still endure life's brush back pitches? Of course. But my lifelong fandom will have been rewarded with a world championship.

i dont mean to single you out, but that middle section has always struck me odd. i know here in new orleans it was a big rebuilding milestone(and given the situation, i got it then), but to identify that much with your fandom.... well, i guess i dont.

A buddy and I from home were just kids in junior high/high school during the early 90s run. We now live on different sides of the country, far from WNY. We've made a pact to be there at the game when the Bills get back.

Edited by jimmyo

I'd definitely get back to Buffalo for the victory celebration and parade. I'd try to go to the game if possible, but nothing would stop me from getting back right after. I'd get drunk and run around like a fool with everyone else. It would be madness.

I'd definitely get back to Buffalo for the victory celebration and parade. I'd try to go to the game if possible, but nothing would stop me from getting back right after. I'd get drunk and run around like a fool with everyone else. It would be madness.

+1

I'd just say, "Well that was nice and all. Now get your asses back to work and win another one. You have another thing coming if you think winning one in 62 years makes up for anything. It's a start. That's all. Now get your asses back to work."

GO BILLS!!!

First, I would have to explain to my wife and kids why I was crying so much. Then I would tell the Patsies fans that are all around me that "That's the way you WIN a Superbowl these days" (especially if we beat the Giants). Next, I would tell my boss that I needed a few days off so I could head to Buffalo to join in on the festivities and the parade.

Good question.

#1 For sure a few tears. Tears of joy.

#2 Stop watching nfl for a couple of years and let my life resume back to normal

#3 Real nice lunch for the office. Hopefully under $200 (And we are only 4 here lol)

#4 Post a lot of stupid stuff on tbd. I do that already. This time possibly being banned for my insanity posts.

For #2 I'm pretty sure I'm just saying that.

Come to the realization that it's not that big of a deal. And that pro football is really just guys I don't know, running around on a field.

This is what came to mind for me as well.

I'd be very excited, no doubt. I'd be thrilled!

I harken back to '04 (living in New England) when the Sox (who I HATE) won the WS. Some of my best friends who are Sox fans always wondered what they'd do, how they'd feel, how "things" would change for them if they ever won. Yes, they were besides themselves with joy....initially.....and disbelief......but somehow expected more.

I'll bet the initial joy is overwhelming, but might leave me wondering.....is this it?

Either way, I'd realllllly like to find out. :thumbsup:

I'd cry.

I hate to admit it but I would have tears of joy. After I manned up again, I would flick off every Jets and Patriots fan I knew. Ive taken alot of crap from other NFL fans for sticking with my Bills.

I hate to admit it but I would have tears of joy. After I manned up again, I would flick off every Jets and Patriots fan I knew. Ive taken alot of crap from other NFL fans for sticking with my Bills.

This is a conversation I've had many times with my Philadelphia born wife:

1. Cry because my dad didn't live to see it (he loved the Bills and unfortunately for most of his life they didn't do much except for those four semi-glorious years)

2. Get on the road to WNY for the parade

3. Run naked across one of the bridges here in Richmond, VA (no particular reason why - just told my wife I would when we lived in Philly during the SB years)

4. Promised my wife I'd stop watching football - figure I'd be able to start watching again in a couple of seasons

5. Buy me a "Buffalo Bills - Super Bowl Champions" hat

I told God that I wanted the Bills to win at least one SB before I die so hopefully death wouldn't follow the VL trophy presentation. :thumbsup: It would be a mixed bag of emotions. Elated because my favorite team that, I watched fall apart on the biggest stage, finally accomplished the goal. Part of me would feel sad for those great teams that could never get it together. I would celebrate, I would reflect on years gone by, and I would watch all over again the next day because I DVR'd it. :D

I would run outside and make snow angels or grass angels or sand angels... Definitely angels.

I think it would be more than "is that all there is". Since it would be the first time, I would expect constant reminders from friends, co-workers and people who know that I am from Buffalo. Knowing the long road we Bills fans have trekked, I believe there would be national adulation (except with the usual suspects) as in "they FINALLY, FINALLY did it".

Then we could do a group exhale!

No riots. None.

This is what came to mind for me as well.

I'd be very excited, no doubt. I'd be thrilled!

I harken back to '04 (living in New England) when the Sox (who I HATE) won the WS. Some of my best friends who are Sox fans always wondered what they'd do, how they'd feel, how "things" would change for them if they ever won. Yes, they were besides themselves with joy....initially.....and disbelief......but somehow expected more.

I'll bet the initial joy is overwhelming, but might leave me wondering.....is this it?

Either way, I'd realllllly like to find out. :thumbsup:

I certainly want it to happen! But each season that passes kind of cheapens a title for me. Just another Super Bowl winner. It is one of the reasons why I have always maintained that I would rather have the 4 Super Bowl losing seasons, that had incredible excitement, than the Ravens one title. I also much prefer a team that wins with great style, putting up points, than a team that gets by with 6-3 wins.

I know many here would try convince me that a shutdown defense coupled with a crap offense that wins is still exciting, but for me it's dull to watch a seasons worth of that kind of football.

Edited by Matthews' Bag

I can't believe someone hasn't said this but I'd wake up...

...after I just passed from joy.

Then I wouldn't sleep and watch the highlights all night long, finally falling asleep. Then I'd wake up all tired but when remembering the Bills won the Super Bowl, get pumped. Then I would go to school and walk the halls like a boss. Maybe punch a senior or two who said something about the Bills or is just a Pats/Jets fan.