BILLS @ JETS Early Predictions

I, for one, am not too optimistic about this match up - although I'm always a pessimist when it comes to every Bills game. For some reason... I fear how they will use Tebow. I also fear their tall speedsters (I don't care how "raw" they are). I'm talking about Stephen Hill and Chaz Schilens. Can't forget Santonio Holmes and Dustin Keller.

Although I do feel reassurance with Mario Williams and Mark Anderson on the defense - I feel Rex Ryans crew is going to create alot of option plays - utilizing the talents of both Tebow and faster backs such as McKnight and their power runner - Greene.

I just hope we are ready to face alot of gadget plays and don't get caught off guard.

Anybody want to add why we will win this game? :rolleyes:

I understand your concern. They swept us last year and the Jets will be a good team. Rex will have them ready.

A lot will depend on how Sanchez plays when he plays the Bills. Sanchez is hot and cold.

BUT, the Jets do have weaknesses ... Sanchez being one of them ... again it depends on how he plays.

As for Tebow, remember how Bills nailed Denver last year. We contained him well and made him make mistakes.

Don't underestimate Wandstadt (sp?) and what he will do with our defense and scheme. I like the 4-3 and our personnel to

make it effective.

I think Bills offense will improve.

My guess is that Bills will at least split with Jets this coming season and have a good shot to sweep Jets.

I think we can split with Pats as well and we should sweep Miami ... but don't under estimate Miami ... they are a great unknown in our division.

Remember - Miami also swept us last year ... with Jay Mohr at QB ... and I thought Bills were a much better team them Miami last year.

If Bills can stay somewhat healthy, I think they should go 4-2 in Division.

eh...whether it be tebow or sanchez, their offense is going to BLOW.

24-6 bills. jets offense looks lost all day and at least 2 of their starting offensive players are injured. ron brooks gets a strip sack which marcel returns for a td.

and there was much rejoicing.

I, for one, am not too optimistic about this match up - although I'm always a pessimist when it comes to every Bills game. For some reason... I fear how they will use Tebow. I also fear their tall speedsters (I don't care how "raw" they are). I'm talking about Stephen Hill and Chaz Schilens. Can't forget Santonio Holmes and Dustin Keller.

Although I do feel reassurance with Mario Williams and Mark Anderson on the defense - I feel Rex Ryans crew is going to create alot of option plays - utilizing the talents of both Tebow and faster backs such as McKnight and their power runner - Greene.

I just hope we are ready to face alot of gadget plays and don't get caught off guard.

The 24/7 Tebow coverage in training camp and preseason will severely wear on a Jets team who's starting QB happens to be named Mark Sanchez. It will be Tebow time ALL of the time. Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow...and one more thing, Tebow! This will be of great benefit to an "on the rise" Bills team with the singular focus of getting off to a good start by winning the game. This game will have a ton of national buildup and other than the midweek kickoff game, will beat all ratings.

I predict everytime Tebow hits the field we embarrass him, and he gets booed like crazy and that is the biggest story on Monday. Cause it is Tebow

After a wild night out on the town (in Newark, NJ), a drunken Tim Tebow's Christian values are totally corrupted as he loses his virginity to Fireman Ed - leaving a physically exhausted, emotionally bewildered, and morally bankrupt Tim Tebow unable to perform on game day and resulting in total domination by New York State's only NFL football team, our Buffalo Bills...

NY State's Buffalo Bills -- 51

New Jersey Turnpike's Exit 18W Jets - 0

GO BILLSSS!!!!

"I expect to be undefeated...I expect to win every game." - Chan Gailey

19 and 0 baby!!!!! B-)

post-2970-037437600 1336317409_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Senator

After a wild night out on the town (in Newark, NJ), a drunken Tim Tebow's Christian values are totally corrupted as he loses his virginity to Fireman Ed - leaving a physically exhausted, emotionally bewildered, and morally bankrupt Tim Tebow unable to perform on game day and resulting in total domination by New York State's only NFL football team, our Buffalo Bills...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! B-)

It could happen.

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! B-)

Hear the Man!!!

I understand your concern. They swept us last year and the Jets will be a good team. Rex will have them ready.

A lot will depend on how Sanchez plays when he plays the Bills. Sanchez is hot and cold.

BUT, the Jets do have weaknesses ... Sanchez being one of them ... again it depends on how he plays.

As for Tebow, remember how Bills nailed Denver last year. We contained him well and made him make mistakes.

Don't underestimate Wandstadt (sp?) and what he will do with our defense and scheme. I like the 4-3 and our personnel to

make it effective.

I think Bills offense will improve.

My guess is that Bills will at least split with Jets this coming season and have a good shot to sweep Jets.

I think we can split with Pats as well and we should sweep Miami ... but don't under estimate Miami ... they are a great unknown in our division.

Remember - Miami also swept us last year ... with Jay Mohr at QB ... and I thought Bills were a much better team them Miami last year.

If Bills can stay somewhat healthy, I think they should go 4-2 in Division.

They swept the Bills AFTER the O-line was destroyed.

The Bills are going to win in a laugher - see road opener @ KC last year to get the basic idea.

New Jersey will play us when we are healthy, (depending on Woods and the williams') Stephan Hill runs the 9 route, that is pretty much it, many of his big plays in college were when the safety was in the box leaving him one on one against a corner. Cheese doesn't scare me, an underachiever in Oakland he will remain the same. Speed doesn't worry me with them, let them run outs all day long, by the time they get 20 yards down field Sanchez won't be able to step up and throw. We have to time the short routes and jump them. If we are healthy and we send the blitz, 5 or more, its going to be a long day for tim and mark.

And their defense has holes, Buffalo can run on them. And with Johnson I think we can wear out Revis.

What you need to ask yourself is what do the jets do that we cant stop......

- They pushed us around up front

- They pounded the ball on us

- One game we nearly one.....the next game we had taken on a ridiculous amount of injuries

Its a new day in buffalo.....the jets have a great center.....but this time he will have more to deal with

I think Nix understand what it really takes to win these games.....you DOMINATE on the lines.....and we have made a concerted effort to fix that.

If the jets cant run the ball....they will be forced to take to the air....playing right into our hands

Bring it.....thats all I can say

A few things. The thing that jumps out at me immediately is our revamped Dline. Theres no way that Sanchez will be able to get comfortable. Go back and look at his stats when hes hurried...hes awful. I think that will happen the entire afternoon.second I think our offense will be able to hang points on their defense. Sexy Rexy studies film and has his defense ready to play. Problem is Chan can come out after a very Vanilla preseason and come out with a gameplan that will be how it should of been all season long last year.....run the damn ball!! and then make them pay dearly when they stack the box and either beat the blitz happy Yets defense with screens to either spiller or Freddy or exploit Revis yes I said exploit him because number 13 owns revis. Bills win this one at the meadowlands 24-10

Edited by LVBillsBackr

I think David Lee will have a big hand in helping Wannstedt prepare for Tebow/Wildcat. He brought it to miami and taught sparano what he knows about it.....

That is excellent insight for sure and something i bet many fans, at least me, had not considered. They wont beat us with Tebow. I'm not sure they can beat anyone with Tebow. But this first game Sanchez will get the start and as that will go poorly they might bring in Tebow. From bad to worse.

EBALL, you've made a reasonable assesment at this point.

What you need to ask yourself is what do the jets do that we cant stop......

- They pushed us around up front

- They pounded the ball on us

- One game we nearly one.....the next game we had taken on a ridiculous amount of injuries

Its a new day in buffalo.....the jets have a great center.....but this time he will have more to deal with

I think Nix understand what it really takes to win these games.....you DOMINATE on the lines.....and we have made a concerted effort to fix that.

If the jets cant run the ball....they will be forced to take to the air....playing right into our hands

Bring it.....thats all I can say

+1 In Nix we trust

Edited by Fan in San Diego

Mark Sanchez, meet Mario Williams. You two will be seeing a lot of each other in week one.

The Jets had a lot of trouble last season defending against the pass rush. And, other than a 6th round draft pick in OG Robert Griffin, I'm not sure that they have done much this offseason to resolve that issue. If our newly improved defense performs at half of its expectations, Sanchez will have a rough day. My prediction is that the Jets will trail badly until the end of the fourth quarter at which point Tebow will fly in and SAVE THE DAY. Ok, I'm joking on that last point. But, ironically, Tebow would probably do better than Sanchez against our D. Sanchez stinks when forced out of the pocket, and Tebow rather excels in those situations.

My prediction: As a result of our improved pass rush, Sanchez gets benched in favor of Tebow. It's not a difficult adjustment for Chan and Wanny to make. Bills win it by six.

Meatball and Dareus team up to drive their All Pro NT into Sanchez for a sack. Tebow comes in and the revamped Bills defense is able to keep Tebow contained and force him to make mistakes just like last year. The Bills offense spends a LOT of time on the field and from there read the Senators post for the remainder of the story.

The first game is not the end all-be all, but I think it is important to the mindset of a team especially if they win. We play the Jets away for our first game and they will be prepared for us as they always will.

The pressure on Sanchez to win has always been there but when you consider the contract he just signed and the signing of Tebow, he will have to really have his game together especially against a team like the Bills who Jets fans and the media usually consider a win. I don't think anyone should limit the Tebow skills in some sort of option, wildcat, or short yardage trick play. As much as we made Tebow look foolish last year, I would expect the unexpected.

Has anyone noticed on the youtube videos of Glenn that he handles himself fairly well at left tackle? I think he can handle Coples and/or Maybin.

A strong running game with Spiller and Jackson will control the clock and the game and make play action passes a bit easier than the game against the Jets at the end of the year last season. Revis is going to do his thing, but Chan is creative and clever and may figure some things out hopefully before the game.

Just some thoughts.

Their lines aren't what they were two years ago. They made a tremendous mistake with Tebow.

Not because he is a great guy and an athlete, but because he will be an antagonist towards derision without trying. Too many fans are not football people and they are not seeing he is not an NFL QB. Sure he won. That was with a great defense, good running game, descent o line, and a weak schedule and by the way were lucky.

I can't wait for the Fireman as we are going to make Sanchez look bad. We are also going to show how Fast Freddy wins games. Can't wait for week 1.

1-0!

I can't predict the score but I know we will win because I'm taking my girlfriend to the game and she's never been to Met Life stadium so she's crazy excited and even she believes we have something special in the Bills this year. She's a fan because of me but her excitement alone will bring us a win.

Bills build up a halftime lead. Sanchez is Tebooed off the field. Chan then calls 20 straight passing plays and Fitz is picked off twice. Jets make it close and Tebow almost pulls it off but is picked off by Gilmore after Williams hits him as he throws.

I like Chan but I don't want to see the run abandoned as it seemed to be last year.

I got a positive attitude about the game but the Jets have had our number for a while now and the way the last game ended...mannn that was just painful. Buffalo should take this game very personal. Stevie Johnson missed a big catch that more than likely would've put the game away and Mark Sanchez crapped on our defense and threw for 4 TD's. I think it's the perfect game for us to start the year off with. We have to put this game away early, that'll take any options of trickery out of the equation. I absolutely hate the Jets with a passion and the Bills need to burst that bullsh!t bubble they got down there in NJ. GET EM!!!

I still think Sanchez flinches again. My three-year-old niece (who, admittedly, has no reason to have known fear) would have been more steady in that situation. I can't wait for the next time that footjob lines Sanchez up as a wideout (which is bound to happen now that he has acquired another dud weapon in the form of Tim Tebow.)

Jets 20, Bills 16. The offense will struggle initially this season.

Why would they? They are returning pretty much every skill position player. The Bills came out fast last year without the benefit of OTAs or off season work. Now with a year playing together and two years in the system for most of them, I expect the offense to come out sharp provided they come out of camp healthy.

As for the Jets game. F*C& the Jests. Bills win in a laugher 37-17.