Path to the Draft

TSNBDSC

Saw the "On the Clock" segment. Really like what Mayock said. Love that guy. I don't think the Bills can do wrong with this pick. Reiff would fit a need even with what Mayock said about him being an immediate RT. Also would be happy with Floyd, but Mayock sold me on the kid from South Carolina. A six foot corner? OK... :thumbsup:

PS, can't forget about Keucly (spelling?). Would love that guy too.

PPS, or PSS, or whatever the hell it is.

I like turtles.

Edited by Kevin

Boy, Chris Brown's comments were a "read between the lines" statement about Martin. Buddy said they look at OT differently than most teams/analysts, so if they pulled the trigger on him it would be an against the wind pick for sure.

Oh, and Charles Davis doesn't know his ass from his elbow when it comes to his Bills analysis...

Interesting! Mayock definitely does not seem to think there will be an OT worthy of #10 Overall (outside of Kalil of course)...He said at #10 on Offense it should be Floyd, and on Defense Luke Kuechly (said he can play all 3 LB Positions and play them well), or Stephon Gilmore the CB for South Carolina who he is REAL high on!!! B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

Interesting! Mayock definitely does not seem to think there will be an OT worthy of #10 Overall (outside of Kalil of course)...He said at #10 on Offense it should be Floyd, and on Defense Luke Kuechly (said he can play all 3 LB Positions and play them well), or Stephon Gilmore the CB for South Carolina who he is REAL high on!!! B-)

Honestly I'd be happy with any of these three players.

Saw the "On the Clock" segment. Really like what Mayock said. Love that guy. I don't think the Bills can do wrong with this pick. Reiff would fit a need even with what Mayock said about him being an immediate RT. Also would be happy with Floyd, but Mayock sold me on the kid from South Carolina. A six foot corner? OK... :thumbsup:

Agreed! Mayock is the man and made great points on all accounts. Especially about what i've been saying Kuechly can play any 4-3 LB position...I'm definitely going to look at some video on Gilmore now

Yes, Mayock is the best. If you trust his analysis, Martin would be taken by the Bills ahead of Reiff if both were available. Brian Baldinger mocks Reiff going to the Bills at 10. Between the lines, even Mayock doesn't know if Buddy would rather have Martin, Kueckly or Gilmore (ahead of Kirkpatrick). Refreshing to hear a couple of names that aren't just retreads from other analysts.

In Buddy We Trust.

PPS, or PSS, or whatever the hell it is.

I like turtles.

How do you figure Reiff fills a need if he's not a LT? Mayock is right with everyone else basically...And everything I read about Reiff is Scouts doubt he's an NFL LT...And The Bills DO NOT need another RT...

I don't see Martin or Reiff going with the #10 overall pick...There is simply little value there with either...In fact, I could see Martin slide all the way into round #2...Reiff likely goes around 15-20...

At this point I'm guessing it's Kuechly if he's there, and Gilmore as the dark-horse...Both would be HUGE boosts to this Defense...I think they wait till the 2nd or 3rd for a WR or OT...Then fill out whatever they don't get in the 1st with one of the 4th Round Picks... B-)

Mayock's DA MAN !!! GO BILLS !!! :thumbsup:

How do you figure Reiff fills a need if he's not a LT? Mayock is right with everyone else basically...And everything I read about Reiff is Scouts doubt he's an NFL LT...And The Bills DO NOT need another RT...

I don't see Martin or Reiff going with the #10 overall pick...There is simply little value there with either...In fact, I could see Martin slide all the way into round #2...Reiff likely goes around 15-20...

At this point I'm guessing it's Kuechly if he's there, and Gilmore as the dark-horse...Both would be HUGE boosts to this Defense...I think they wait till the 2nd or 3rd for a WR or OT...Then fill out whatever they don't get in the 1st with one of the 4th Round Picks... B-)

I thought that Hairston did pretty good for a rookie at LT. If they select Reiff then he could start at right tackle with Hairston at left. That said if it came down to it I would rather have Kuechly or the CB from SC. But I really wouldn't be disappointed either way.

I thought that Hairston did pretty good for a rookie at LT. If they select Reiff then he could start at right tackle with Hairston at left. That said if it came down to it I would rather have Kuechly or the CB from SC. But I really wouldn't be disappointed either way.

The Bills just extended Pears and they love him...He's entrenched at RT...I agree Hairston will be the Starter if Bell is not re-signed...But to the original point, you just don't take an OT at #10 if all you think he's going to be is a RT...And honestly the best I've heard about Reiff, even from those who love the Kid, is it's going to take a couple years minimum (if ever) for him to become an NFL LT...And if that's the case you pass at #10 and move on...

I totally agree with the CB or LB at #10...I've REALLY warmed up to the idea of Kuechly at #10...It's tough to find anything negative about the Kid, and Mayock loves him...Not sure The Bills could go wrong with Kuechly or Gilmore...I do think both would have immediate impact on this Defense...Heck I wish we could get both of them... B-)

"path to the draft" is the lamest name I have ever seen for a sports show. Path doesn't even really rhyme with draft. Also no one uses the term "path" in the context of football. why not call it "on the clock". Even "the scouting report" would be better. NFL radio has some creative names for its shows. Late hits. The opening drive. path to the draft is just embarrassing.

... i say its Michael Floyd ... or a barefoot kicker ...

I'm pretty sure Tannehill kicks barefoot.

The Bills just extended Pears and they love him...He's entrenched at RT...I agree Hairston will be the Starter if Bell is not re-signed...But to the original point, you just don't take an OT at #10 if all you think he's going to be is a RT...And honestly the best I've heard about Reiff, even from those who love the Kid, is it's going to take a couple years minimum (if ever) for him to become an NFL LT...And if that's the case you pass at #10 and move on...

I totally agree with the CB or LB at #10...I've REALLY warmed up to the idea of Kuechly at #10...It's tough to find anything negative about the Kid, and Mayock loves him...Not sure The Bills could go wrong with Kuechly or Gilmore...I do think both would have immediate impact on this Defense...Heck I wish we could get both of them... B-)

The only negative on Kuechly is he tackles like a girl.

Why not? I think this is outdated thinking. I'm guessing any team playing the Bills next year is going to want two excellent tackles playing for them.

If he can be a lock down tackle, I don't care what side of the line he's on. Shouldn't skip a LT to draft a RT like we did with MW, but taking a RT so set that side of the line for years isn't the worst way to spend the 10th pick.

And as much as he's a great commentator w/regard to covering the draft, Mayock is an unabashed BC homer. Having said that, his idea about Gilmore is intriguing as well.

Absolutey, but I give him credit for not even attempting to hide it...he's always admitted his homerism.

Why not? I think this is outdated thinking. I'm guessing any team playing the Bills next year is going to want two excellent tackles playing for them.

If he can be a lock down tackle, I don't care what side of the line he's on. Shouldn't skip a LT to draft a RT like we did with MW, but taking a RT so set that side of the line for years isn't the worst way to spend the 10th pick.

Agree with this line of thinking. I've always had a problem with judging the "value" of a pick at the moment it's made. I mean, suppose Buffalo selects Reiff, Martin or Glenn at the #10 pick, and the guy turns out to be a stud LT. 5 years from now, it'll be considered a brilliant pick, and nobody will care what the supposed "value" was at the time.

Bottom line for me, is that if Nix and Co. feel that there's a stud LT available at that pick, they should go for it. If they don't, I'd rather they take a guy that can be a stud at another position. If it's Keuchly/Gilmore/Floyd, fine. If it's someone else, cool. Don't care, just get the best player possible to add to your team. Fill your needs in rounds 2-7.

One thing Lombardi forgot to mention when he made the off the cuff remark that the Texans didn't win with Anderson and Williams on D together was Anderson was cut by the Bears and picked up by the Texans in October of that season. He then spent a few weeks learning the system and after their bye had 4 sacks in ten games. Also, the corners were their biggest weakness, leading to the acquisition of Jonathan Joseph... So the whole story there isn't exactly there.

I really would like either of these 3. Wasnt it Gilmore who shut down every receiver he faced at the sr bowl? Or maybe it was Jenkins .. either way that's pretty good. We need to get two of these guys some how lol

"path to the draft" is the lamest name I have ever seen for a sports show. Path doesn't even really rhyme with draft. Also no one uses the term "path" in the context of football. why not call it "on the clock". Even "the scouting report" would be better. NFL radio has some creative names for its shows. Late hits. The opening drive. path to the draft is just embarrassing.

And what's with airport security? Am I right?

I see what you're saying...But I don't think any of these OT's that will be available at #10 is worthy of the Pick...I think this years it's more about the players than it is the position...But I still don't see Drafting a RT-only at #10 under most circumstances...It would have to be a hell of an excellent prospect...

Especially when you already have a serviceable RT that you just extended...The impact a Player like Kuechly, Gilmore, or Floyd would have on this Team, right now, would dwarf that of another RT who may or may not be better than Pears when it's all said and done... B-)

1332866798[/url]' post='2423295']

I see what you're saying...But I don't think any of these OT's that will be available at #10 is worthy of the Pick...I think this years it's more about the players than it is the position...But I still don't see Drafting a RT-only at #10 under most circumstances...It would have to be a hell of an excellent prospect...

Especially when you already have a serviceable RT that you just extended...The impact a Player like Kuechly, Gilmore, or Floyd would have on this Team, right now, would dwarf that of another RT who may or may not be better than Pears when it's all said and done... B-)

This.

Mayock's DA MAN !!! GO BILLS !!! :thumbsup:

I agree that Mayock is the best, but neither he or Nix are infallable either. Mayock also tends to rank Boston Collge players a little higher than most.

Edited by Trader

Amen brother. Kuechly, Gilmore or Floyd I would be alright with if we don't trade down. I really like the round 2 WR's if go Kuechly or Gilmore. And after all the CB's we have drafted in the past, I would love to see Gilmore start over Florence. Gilmore/Williams would be a nice, tough, young CB combo the next 5 years