TEBOW!!! is a Jet! (finally)

Brad Smith is a terrible QB, but he has value as an emergency receiver and can play special teams

Tebow is a less terrible QB but still a bad QB that has no known value elsewhere. Hes Mobile for a QB but slow for a RB, a very expensive TE experiment.

Negative on the acquiring Tebow

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you're not that ignorant and short-sighted are you? tebow to buffalo would cause the most unnecessary media hype-up of all time. the first poor pass fitz threw, idiots would be calling for tebow just like broncos fans did. oh by the way, tebow is absolute garbage. most predictable, in-over-his-head player i've ever watched.

Yeah, there's no way he could lead a team to the playoffs...let alone win a playoff game!

Let's all contribute with the pros and cons of each.

I will start with the Thigpen Pros. Next poster do Thigpen cons; Then Tebow pros; then Tebow Cons. That way we'll get four different objective opinions before the discussion gets rolling.

Here goes:

A list of different pros for Thigpen

Edited by ieatcrayonz

Tebow is a better option than Thigpen.

He is, however, a worse option than Johnny Unitas.

You mean except Tebow cannot do ANY of the first 4-5 most important things a QB has to do in the Bills offense?

And yes, Thigpen can. ;) Not that I love Thigpen at all, he is a decent back-up, but last year's play is no indication of him as a player, because he really didn't play with the regular offense.

I think Tebow is a great person and he can be a player in this league, but as a poster stated on another thread, he is too much of a distraction. Do you really want Tebowmania running wild in Buffalo?

I hope we pass.

That is the problem. I would love to see Tebow here to backup Fitz for a year or two. Chan could utilize him on short yardage and in WC. Give him couple years of tutoring to see if Chan can develop him into a full time starter. But the Tebowmania factor would not allow that to happen. It would be an immediate QB controversy with all the Tebowmaniacs demanding that he be the starter. I think our team is on the verge of the playoffs and does not need the distratcion/copntroversy/spectacle.

I think Tebow ends up in Miami

Since Denver basically snagged the rug from under Tim Tebow, it appears that they are going to try to trade Tebow. Of course, everyone says Jacksonville but they just signed Chad Henne to a big deal and have Blaine Gabbert waiting in the wings. I don't think it makes much sense to bring Tebow on board unless they are planning to cut ties with Gabbert.

Some have speculated Miami. While I don't this would be a bad move for the Fins, I am doubting that Jeff Ireland has the intelligence to pull this move off. I'm assuming they will sign Alex Smith to a huge deal and get the Alex Smith of 2009.

So...why not have Buffalo sign the guy as a backup to Fitz. He can't be any worse than Tyler Thigpen. Plus Tebow is a gimmick player. Chan could find some awesome packages to get him involved, just like he did with Kordell Stewart back in the day. Really I would love to have a positive influence like Tebow on board. Tebowmania should come to Buffalo baby

I knew it was only a matter of time before this thread was started. I just didn't expect it so quickly. If we are making trades it has to be for day 1 starters not guy to groom on the bench and create QB controversies. Tebow would polarize and divide the fan base and therefore the locker room.

NO THANKS!!!!!

Edited by PDaDdy

God gave you clear skies and 70 degrees in March to sign Williams. They guy even put deer in Kelly's back yard.

Don't be greedy.

Haha! Love it

And no, Tebow should not come to Buffalo. A year ago with out Fitz having his contract, and the team behind him like they are now...maybe.

This will create a sh*t storm. One that Gailey and Buddy do not like. Gailey does not like distractions, he and Buddy both know bringing Tebow in would create a mess. IT AINT GONNA HAPPEN.

And i like Tebow, as a UGA fan it is hard to say that. But he is the epitome of class and hard work.

You mean except Tebow cannot do ANY of the first 4-5 most important things a QB has to do in the Bills offense?

And yes, Thigpen can. ;) Not that I love Thigpen at all, he is a decent back-up, but last year's play is no indication of him as a player, because he really didn't play with the regular offense.

What you aren't going to list them again? :nana:

This has nothing to do with my opinion of Thigpen, but no way in hell do I want Tebow. Much like when Collins was backing up Kelly, one errant throw and Tebow Tebow chants start. With RJ & Flutie, and JP and Edwards - I want no part of that ever again. It is was too disruptive and creates divisions in the locker room. We don't need that cancer around here anymore

Yeah, there's no way he could lead a team to the playoffs...let alone win a playoff game!

"LEAD" a team or "HAPPEN TO BE" the team's QB when they make the playoffs in spite of him in a week division?

Edited by PDaDdy

Because the guy CAN'T THROW A !@#$ING FOOTBALL FROM THE BEACH AND HIT THE OCEAN.

Part of being a backup QB requires you to be able to throw a football with slightly more accuracy than the fat drunk guy in Row 3, Seat 5.

Tebow is a great guy, a great team player and a running back trying desperately to be a QB.

HEY!!! I'm not fat

Thigpen can poorly run an NFL offense

Tebow cannot run an NFL offense

.......advantage Thigpen

Tebow creates ridiculous actions by a fan base...such as wanting him to start

Thigpens creates a gut turning emotion when the thought of him starting come to mind

If your a bad team and want to watch backyard football as a way of exciting your season....advantage Tebow

If your a good team that wants to field a serious offense...................advantage Thigpen

Both are bad quarterbacks

advantage......neither

Good god, I hope the Broncos hurry up and trade that guy so we don't have to read this **** anymore.

I'm only asking for $50 million guaranteed... and a turkey.

Which latter is what you'll get if Tebow comes here

Even if I wanted Tebow, Miami and Jacksonville are desperate to sell tickets and I'm not about to give up precious draft picks after getting in a bidding war for a backup QB...let's just keep the picks and draft a QB of the future.

I'd give up a 4th rounder. If Jax or Miami want more, so be it. But offer a 4th and make those teams overpay if they want him. Tebow > Thigpen. Plus, we have a great QB coach.

Lol, Thigpen is god-awful but we don't need the Tebow drama on this team. We're gonna win this year.

We need a backup for sure. I don't know if there are any other backups out there but Thigpen was god-awful in the snaps I saw him play.

> So...why not have Buffalo sign the guy as a backup to Fitz.

because he's a huge distraction and not a very good quarterback

You mean as opposed to Thigpen?

But I will grant you the distraction part because there would be an instant controversy, at least by some fans, as to who should start.