Mario Williams: Officially a Buffalo Bill

He is shopping us like a cheap bastard on a new car..oh ya look at what Billy will sell me a KIA for...HUGGGEEE....can you match it so I don't have to go to buffalo ?

Im guessing Meach signs tomorrow with us...Mario still confused...

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he didn't sign before he left, he ain't signing. That's how these things work. If the bils have brains, they tell him that the massive offer expires when he leaves. There's morethan one fish in the sea, and his production has onlly been slightly above average the past 3 seasons anyway.

Of course he has another visit PLANNED. His agent would be an idiot if he didn't already line up another visit. We all have back-up plans. Do we all think the Bills don't have other DEs in mind either?

I would feel very foolish walking away from $110 million on the table (which could easily be taken off the table if the Bills sign someone else in the time period he's "thinking about it").

If he didn't sign before he left, he ain't signing. That's how these things work. If the bils have brains, they tell him that the massive offer expires when he leaves. There's morethan one fish in the sea, and his production has onlly been slightly above average the past 3 seasons anyway.

I agree. If he walks, it's obvious what his Clabo-like intentions are. The Bills should move on.

Edited by kas23

Jason La Canfora

Williams not expected to reach terms with Bills quite yet

Mario Williams opened the free-agency period in Buffalo, but he’s not expected to reach terms with the Bills on Tuesday night, according to a league source.

Williams will get a huge amount of guaranteed money, perhaps a record-setting amount (it could be close to $50 million). He will also spend a considerable amount of time with the Bills, but has at least one other visit scheduled for this week.

The fact that Williams visited the Bills first, is spending time with the team, and the team has $23 million in salary cap space, you have to consider them a serious threat. But the Bills haven’t been winning, and something else could still develop. Something could still happen with the Bears, who remain a viable option.

http://blogs.nfl.com/category/jason-la-canfora/?module=HP11_content_stream

Bad news, everyone!

@Jason La Canfora Mario Williams not expected to sign in BUF tonight. Will take time with the visit and has at least one other visit scheduled #freeagency

If you want to stay optimistic, note the word "expected." Means it's not confirmed by a direct source, but more likely a report from someone who claims to know what Mario or his agent are all about.

Game over....well it was fun and painfull while it lasted. In the end the Bills are still the Bills. A for effort, F for results. Hey, at least Buffalo showed they are willing to try not hard enough, right? Im sure that wont lead to further ridicule from the national press.

Why would he sign the contract tonight anyway? Saying he's not expected to sign tonight is not news. Did anyone think they were going to slide the contract across the table while waiting for dessert to come? Today was supposed to whine and dine him and give him a taste of the atmosphere. He can still sign tomorrow. I've read that he has no other visits schedule at this point and we're the only definite visit he was making.

Edited by Bangarang

The Buffalo Bills appear to have fallen short in their quest to make a big splash on the opening day of free agency with the biggest free agent contract ever given to a defensive player.

Instead, Mario Williams will leave Buffalo without signing and has scheduled a visit with at least one other team, Jason La Canfora of NFL Network reports.

So Williams, this year’s top free agent outside Peyton Manning, will continue to look around. What we don’t know is whether his decision to leave Buffalo is an indication that he didn’t like Buffalo’s financial offer, that he didn’t like what he heard from the Bills’ football people, or if he simply wants to take his time and weigh other offers.

Among the teams that are reportedly still hoping to get an audience with Williams are the Bears and the Titans. Some team will almost certainly make Williams the highest-paid defensive player in NFL history, and that team might be the Bills. But it won’t be today.

If this deal doesn't happen it shows that the Bills can't be contenders for top talent, regardless of their ability to pay - they have actually sunk so low that they can't get out of the hole - if you can't get the talent you can't contend and if you can't win you can't get the talent - catch-22

Jason La Canfora

Williams not expected to reach terms with Bills quite yet

Mario Williams opened the free-agency period in Buffalo, but he’s not expected to reach terms with the Bills on Tuesday night, according to a league source.

Williams will get a huge amount of guaranteed money, perhaps a record-setting amount (it could be close to $50 million). He will also spend a considerable amount of time with the Bills, but has at least one other visit scheduled for this week.

The fact that Williams visited the Bills first, is spending time with the team, and the team has $23 million in salary cap space, you have to consider them a serious threat. But the Bills haven’t been winning, and something else could still develop. Something could still happen with the Bears, who remain a viable option.

http://blogs.nfl.com/category/jason-la-canfora/?module=HP11_content_stream

my goodness....it just says "not yet" ....and another visit is "scheduled".....doesn't mean we lost him....wouldn't you want to "sleep" on it for the night ?

If he leaves and visits the Falcons I will be so damn disappointed.

i would be very suprised if Atlanta could sign Williams.

Now having said that, they have just let Curtis Lofton walk. Abraham was also allowed to test FA. But they did just franchise Grimes a DB.

The Falcons have been very very silent today...so it really is all speculation

Well I guess you wont be pissing your pants if he signs here then right? Cause really, he aint all that and all right?