Mario Williams: Officially a Buffalo Bill

Everything has said signed by tomorrow. I think they are planning to do hardcore business in the morning. Fly out, talk shop, eat some food, tour facilities in the morning and sign by noon. Just a different style then the current 140 characters and severe ADD is used to. It may work, it may scare them away - We will see how old school works

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Folks settle down. He owes it to himself to visit more than one team. The first team Manning met was Denver and everyone is saying theyre the favorite for his services.

Id put the odds >50-50 he signs with buffalo. We can bid the most due to our cap space, which gives us the upper hand.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Folks settle down. He owes it to himself to visit more than one team. The first team Manning met was Denver and everyone is saying theyre the favorite for his services.

Id put the odds >50-50 he signs with buffalo. We can bid the most due to our cap space, which gives us the upper hand.

Leaving is a very bad sign, if it happens. Scheduling a visit and getting on a plane are worlds apart though. All he's done is give the bills a deadline at this point, essentially - if it's even true. With our slow play going on, it makes sense he'd line up a mystery team to see tomorrow, it could very easily just be putting us into a rush to max out our offer ASAP.

I hope I'm wrong. BUT. If the Bills made an offer that would have made him the highest paid defensive player, while being recruited by the teams pro-bowl defensive tackle and other members of the team making positive comments about it on twitter and he still leaves without signing? It's not a good sign. I'm not on a ledge, but my gut tells me if Mario leaves town he won't be back. At least not in a Bills uniform anyway. I hope I'm wrong.

If he leaves without signing, it's over. Mark it zero.

Two things:

1 - If Mario leaves without signing, it's over. Buffalo isn't going to let him use our offer for leverage and he clearly thinks there is something better for him out there than top money. And yes, this would be the largest smack in the face to this organization in a long time.

2 - DDDDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!

You guys do realize that we aren't going to have him sign a contract making him the highest paid defensive player in the league without taking a physical right? We may be old fashioned as a franchise but I don't think giving him a physical in the bathroom of the restaurant would have been appropriate. Tomorrow is a tour of the facilities and a physical. Followed by his signature on a contract. Sleep easy folks.

Edited by Bangarang

You guys do realize that we aren't going to have him sign a contract making him the highest paid defensive player in the league without taking a physical right? We may be old fashioned as a franchise but I don't think giving him a physical in the bathroom of the restaurant would have been appropriate. Tomorrow is a tour of the facilities and a physical. Followed by his signature on a contract. Sleep easy folks.

LOL best take i've read all night...good night folks, I'll pray tomorrow is a good bills day

ill try.

Does anyone else think that Mario Williams is going to be overpaid to whoever signs him? I went back and looked at his two best seasons (over 10 sacks) and those were way back in '07 and '08.

Is Williams worth 14 million a year? I'm not so sure about that.

yes he is. he was having a pro bowl season before he got hurt last year. he had 5 sacks in 5 games and that is pretty damn good. he is a beast and the bills need all they help they can get with a pass rush. they also need to take the DE from north carolina in the draft with the 10th pick and that will make the d-line solid for the next couple of years.

Ooof. Link

Not saying Meachem is necessary, but really? Bills fly him in like that (they sent coaches to pick him up!) only to have him sign with another team while in Buffalo. Thats brutal.

EDIT: And to bring him to dinner with Mario as to give off the idea to the fans that they were a package deal? To me, that type of mismanagement and blown PR make everything a little more shaky. How can you be that dumb?

he would have been nice because he is a big reciever but it is ok because mike wallace is still out there and if we dont get him for some reason and the rams dont take justin blackmon for some reason then he is right there for us at #10