Mario Williams: Officially a Buffalo Bill

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Union2008, read the article on nfl.com which I can't link from mobile. He was scheduled to meet with at least one other team all along. What youre posting is simply wrong. And What the bills wanted to do by Friday was irrelevant to his plans.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

"Among the teams that are reportedly still hoping to get an audience with Williams are the Bears and the Titans. Some team will almost certainly make Williams the highest-paid defensive player in NFL history, and that team might be the Bills. But it won’t be today."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/13/report-mario-williams-leaving-buffalo-without-signing-will-visit-others/

I am with you on this. I do not see how Williams is worth that kind of money. Big question in my mind. People want the big flash signings, big names and and big bucks, but I am not convinced that is the right track. I would rather see the Bills plug in two quality players for the same price rather than bet the farm on either VJ or Williams.

The key is there are no "two quality" players that you can get in the NFL. Last time we did, ended up with two slouches...

There is always a possibility for a FA to go bust. At least Williams is a superstar in the league. I don't know if the Bills will be able to sign him today, but the mere fact that they flew him personally into Buffalo, means they are serious about this stuff.

"Among the teams that are reportedly still hoping to get an audience with Williams are the Bears and the Titans. Some team will almost certainly make Williams the highest-paid defensive player in NFL history, and that team might be the Bills. But it won’t be today."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/13/report-mario-williams-leaving-buffalo-without-signing-will-visit-others/

Today, being March 13th, so he should have said tonight. As far as whats been reported, he's staying Buffalo for the night. So there is still a chance

What's the weather like in Buffalo?... It is like 55 here now and gonna be almost 80 tomorrow! If the weather is the same... That's a plus!

Not too bad for mid-March!

It's supposed to be 61 Wednesday. Tuesday was real nice, too.

Buffalo is the new Atlanta.

Say he goes to a city that gives him more of a "cosmopolitan life" (whatever that means, not trying to get anybody's ire up)... YET takes less in $ than BFLO offered... Is this a red-flag for the league?

It's supposed to be 61 Wednesday. Tuesday was real nice, too.

Buffalo is the new Atlanta.

COOL! What a stretch we are having... Got through the whole winter season @ work without (well, just a little here and there) ANY ice... Last year we had +20 inches on the river!