Mario Williams: Officially a Buffalo Bill

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me or does anyone else have a sick feeling this might not happen?

Please prove me wrong. I want to be wrong so badly

Reading the mood of the board is a very difficult process, but I do think that you are the only one with this thought. :thumbsup:

Is it just me or does anyone else have a sick feeling this might not happen?

Please prove me wrong. I want to be wrong so badly

It's why I'm keeping low expectations. I don't expect it to happen... I want it to happen though. :)

I have been a Bills fan for 27 years so I am not used to huge signings like this.

I want this to happen so badly

We've had a few over the years but this one feels like it could really be big if it happens. More then just one players contribution on the field but an overall lifting of the franchise out of the doldrums of the past decade or so. Come on Buddy get it done!!!

This is not a game changer

This is not a season changer

This is an ORGANIZATIONAL changer

This HAS to get done - PERIOD

I really couldn't agree anymore. It takes one big name to take a chance on us and it opens other eyes and hopefully we get to present market value deals rather than have to overspend to convince someone to come.

He did get in trouble for tweeting some sensitive Bills related info in the past and his twitter account did in fact temporarily disappear after that. The tweet was implied to be related to Bills ownership, and honestly, there was some news but it wasn't quite as big as expected. He's very close to his Uncle Jim, but it's possible he merely found out that Mario is still in town and would be visiting OBD this morning, not necessarily that a signing is imminent. I'm pretty optimistic, though.

Thanks for the info. :)

Sounds like there is optimism in/around the organization, so at least that's good!

I really couldn't agree anymore. It takes one big name to take a chance on us and it opens other eyes and hopefully we get to present market value deals rather than have to overspend to convince someone to come.

Greeny on Mike and Mike did say that Mario in Buffalo is not only good for Buffalo but for the NFL, because this would make Buffalo relevant again.

I'm at work with WGR in my ear (in Virginia Beach - thank God for smart phones) and refreshing this thread every 30 seconds. I would love to see the productivity of Bills fans across the country today.

I am curious how long the board will be down for if the ink hits the paper.

So then who's left that is making any sort of push for Williams? Jax? They just re-signed their own guy and they're in a worse position going forward than us. SEA then?

The Texans ownership is saying that they want to keep him at all costs.