Mario Williams: Officially a Buffalo Bill

I posted earlier that I think it's really curious that they keep mentioning he has a visit scheduled, but no one can figure out with *whom* he's visiting. I would imagine the Bears, after the Marshall trade and Campbell signing, are not contenders in terms of most money. I think some reports have said they're not even trying at this point. TN? SEA? Or maybe his agent keeps leaking that there's visits scheduled to keep the pressure on Buffalo to offer as much as possible as quickly as possible?....

Can't be TN, Bud Adams is still gunning for Manning.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Tennessee unless they are dropping out of the manning race. Maybe Seattle, but I don't see that team being more attractive, talentwise. I don't think Atlanta has the cap space to beat us. So I don't know. I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't another team and it just didn't get reported right

So then who's left that is making any sort of push for Williams? Jax? They just re-signed their own guy and they're in a worse position going forward than us. SEA then?

And this is why 100m guys can't drag it out with a ton of visits and going a few days. The longer he's in buff - the fewer options he has at that pricetag.

Houston??

Mario said he wanted to get a deal done with Houston. The Texans owner said right up until yesterday that they were trying to get something done.

Maybe Mario is weighing Money vs. Staying w/ Texans

I really think that no one else is chomping at the bit like we are, and since we're already offering the most, his agent has no other way to drive the price even higher than to keep rumors of interest alive. It makes sense to me at least. It's certainly plausible.

The fact that he didn't sign last night speaks volumes. He isn't going to sign in Buffalo. Too bad. It would have been huge, but my guess is he leaves today and signs somewhere else. Business as usual. Not the team's fault, but a shame nonetheless.

I thought Chad Kelly had his Twitter taken away?

Has he been a reliable source of information in the past?

He did get in trouble for tweeting some sensitive Bills related info in the past and his twitter account did in fact temporarily disappear after that. The tweet was implied to be related to Bills ownership, and honestly, there was some news but it wasn't quite as big as expected. He's very close to his Uncle Jim, but it's possible he merely found out that Mario is still in town and would be visiting OBD this morning, not necessarily that a signing is imminent. I'm pretty optimistic, though.