Mario Williams: Officially a Buffalo Bill

my goodness....it just says "not yet" ....and another visit is "scheduled".....doesn't mean we lost him....wouldn't you want to "sleep" on it for the night ?

If he gets back on the plane without signing, it's over.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would he sign the contract tonight anyway? Saying he's not expected to sign tonight is not news. Did anyone think they were going to slide the contract across the table while waiting for dessert to come? Today was supposed to whine and dine him and give him a taste of the atmosphere. He can still sign tomorrow. I've read that he has no other visits schedule at this point and we're the only definite visit he was making.

Even if he has another visit scheduled, that doesn't necessarily mean "doom and gloom"

I do agree, I don't understand all the angst about "not signing tonight". It's the first 8 hrs of FA for goodness sake. I would be suspicious (in fact am suspicious) of people who push me to make major life decisions immediately without time to "chill out" and think it through.

Even if he has another visit scheduled, that doesn't necessarily mean "doom and gloom"

I do agree, I don't understand all the angst about "not signing tonight". It's the first 8 hrs of FA for goodness sake. I would be suspicious (in fact am suspicious) of people who push me to make major life decisions immediately without time to "chill out" and think it through.

"Another visit scheduled" could have been leaked by the agent to add a few more numbers come tomorrow morning.

He's still in Buffalo tonight and has other things schedule tomorrow with the Bills staff. Chill out people. Tonight was the whine and dine portion. Tomorrow he'll tour the facility/stadium, meet other staff members and things can get even more serious.

Stalking horse...

I truly hope the Bills arent this dumb. Stalking horse bids never work with high profile NFL free agents and small market teams. If he leaves he's gone. That's why the only hope the Bills ever had was to offer the sky and tell him the offer expires the second he leaves town. Otherwise they are just helping to set the market for a team that isn't as dumb, or unappealing as the Bills.

Why would he sign the contract tonight anyway? Saying he's not expected to sign tonight is not news. Did anyone think they were going to slide the contract across the table while waiting for dessert to come? Today was supposed to whine and dine him and give him a taste of the atmosphere. He can still sign tomorrow. I've read that he has no other visits schedule at this point and we're the only definite visit he was making.

Agree 100% with this. I think this will be done tomorrow.

It's pretty unlikely he will sign if he doesnt tonight...he had no interest to begin with if he has "another visit planned"...just setting the price

This logic is starting to get ridiculous. Him not signing tonight isn't a big deal if he's still in Buffalo and will still be here tomorrow. It would be different if he was on a plane out of the city. But he's not. The guy is still here and that says more than people on twitter.