Mario Williams: Officially a Buffalo Bill

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really can't believe there are people in this thread that actually have reservations about giving mario a big contract. 1. we need pass rush; 2. williams is the biggest/best FA pass-rusher; 3. we have A LOT OF MONEY IN CAP SPACE.. holy crap, talk about no-brainer.

imagine having a DL of Ingram, Dareus, Williams, Mario.

Even if he isn't at the hockey game tonight GET A LOUD MARIO CHANT GOING BUFFALO THAT JUST ROCKS THE ARENA so it makes it on local and national television sports stations.

Text people at the game if you have to.

good call!

He was at embassy last night won't b there tonight... Leave the guy be... Any bill I know liked buffalo because they can go to the grocery store without dealing with cameras etc

Florence seems to think otherwise. This is a free agency visit with cameras, drama, and intrigue, not Williams going to get milk from the store. Unless he is a buzzkill, he should get a kick out of it. Having a great rabid fanbase is one thing this city has to offer. There is no reason to shy away from it.

Still no confirmation that he's at the game? I missed the supposed radio announcement. No mention of it since.

John Vogl of the Buffalo News just tweeted that Williams will be in the Bills’ suite at the Sabres game tonight. The roof will blow off of that place if they show him on the scoreboard.

John Vogl of the Buffalo News just tweeted that Williams will be in the Bills’ suite at the Sabres game tonight. The roof will blow off of that place if they show him on the scoreboard.

no way. That is incredible if true

I wonder if ralph is flying in

Honestly, that was my first thought. Things got pretty much settled late in the day, so arrangements were made to fly Ralph in to hand out the largest contract in team history. My opinion, nothing else.

Quotes:

- Loved effort on Drew Stafford's goal. Allowing Colorado to hang in is a concern

- Latest on Mario. Will stay overnight with Fiance and be back at OBD tomorrow. Good sign, but nothing official. Fans craving info on this. Source told Joe B and Sabres confirm Mario is in the building.

- Bills and Sabres players support each other

- Bills are excited about what they're building, can they convince Mario to join up

Honestly, that was my first thought. Things got pretty much settled late in the day, so arrangements were made to fly Ralph in to hand out the largest contract in team history. My opinion, nothing else.

If that was the case it would leak

Even if he isn't at the hockey game tonight GET A LOUD MARIO CHANT GOING BUFFALO THAT JUST ROCKS THE ARENA so it makes it on local and national television sports stations.

Text people at the game if you have to.

Between being in Buffalo and being Hockey I don't think anyone outside of Buffalo or the sorrounding area really cares. Just saying.

For a guy who hasn't had more than 14 sacks in a year, it's way overpaying. Sure he was on-pace for 16 last year, but that highlights the problems he's had staying healthy the past couple years. Again I'd turn my attention towards Wimbley.

Yea I mean I really want MW it would make my year if he actually ends up signing with our Bills but if he doesn't make a decision one way or another soon were gonna miss out on guys like wimbley or any other back up plans.

Between being in Buffalo and being Hockey I don't think anyone outside of Buffalo or the sorrounding area really cares. Just saying.

There were people calling from South America to WGR55 regarding the excitement surrounding Mario Williams.

Since Buffalo is such a great sports town, I bet more than half of these people are Bills fans at the arena.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

I think one of the top two FAs in football being at a nationally televised hockey game, NBC Sports would probably put a camera on him for 10 seconds.

I don't think it's impossible...maybe not likely.