QB Ryan Tannehill to Bills at #10 ??

papazoid

the Bills have been close to drafting a QB in the first round in each of the last two years. in 2010 they almost moved up to get Tim Tebow and last year in 2011 would have taken Cam Newton at #3 overall if he was there......is 2012 the year ??

Ranked #11 overall by NFLDraftScout.com

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/story/2012-02-21/nfl-draft-andrew-luck-robert-griffin-top-64/53191320/1

Tannehill waits for chance to prove he's top 10 material:

http://www.nfl.com/combine/story/09000d5d82737021/article/tannehill-waits-for-chance-to-prove-hes-top-10-material?module=HP11_content_stream

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Tannehill is a better prospect than Gaine Blabbert or Jake Schlocker (although Locker looked pretty guide in some relief duty) I still wouldn't want the Bills to take Tannenhill at #10 overall. Weeden will hit the ground running on a team with a Week 1 need at QB.

We just have 3 more years until the Bills take Chad Kelly with their first round pick.

Way to big of a reach in the first round for the Bills & if anyone was going to take him in the first round i would think it would be miami , especially seeing as his old HC Sherman is the OC there now .

Miami is in about the same boat as the Bills , they have Moore which could be a stop gap until Tannehil is up to speed & who better for Tannehil to break into the league with than Sherman i think that would be a no brainer !!

But Tannehil to the Bills at #10 it ain't happening ! Not with the other prospects that the Bills have already talked to & went to their school to watch this past year ( Osweiler) !!

This would be a PR disaster, the guy redshirted 07 at 19, and played as a receiver till being the full time QB in 11. We can do better.

He moved to QB and became the starter during the 2010 season. He entered 2011 as the unquestioned starter, but, no I don't want the Bills to think about him at 10.

Good god, no. Id rather see us trade away our entire draft to get one of the two Top QBs in this draft.

That would not be wise, IMHO.

Of all the things I don't know, of this one thing I am certain - as an NFL QB, Luck will SUCK!!!

Trading away the opportunity to draft multiple quality players at positions of need, just to draft RGIII and hope he'll be a star, is just dumb - look for him to end up in Washington.

With the possible exception of OSU's Brandon Weeden (to the Dolphins), no other QBs - including Tannenhill - will be drafted in round one. Fitz is our QB in 2012. Period.

Arizona's Nick Foles (6'5", 245 lbs.) had a sub-par performance at the combine - might be worth a look in round 6 as a 'developmental' QB...

19 and 0 baby!!!! B-)

GO BILLSSS!!!!

"I expect to win every game." - Chan Gailey

Of all the things I don't know, of this one thing I am certain - as an NFL QB, Luck will SUCK!!!

Trading away the opportunity to draft multiple quality players at positions of need, just to draft RGIII and hope he'll be a star, is just dumb - look for him to end up in Washington.

With the possible exception of OSU's Brandon Weeden (to the Dolphins), no other QBs - including Tannenhill - will be drafted in round one. Fitz is our QB in 2012. Period.

Arizona's Nick Foles (6'5", 245 lbs.) had a sub-par performance at the combine - might be worth a look in round 6 as a 'developmental' QB...

19 and 0 baby!!!! B-)

GO BILLSSS!!!!

I was disappointed in Foles. He looked slow. Threw slow. And the worst thing is it seemed he threw late....alot. He looked much better at Senior Bowl.

And that is exactly why I used that idea to illustrate how horrible of a pick Tannehill would be. :thumbsup:

19 and 0 baby!!!! B-)

GO BILLSSS!!!!

And a big NO to Wheedon, Fowles, or any other QB outside of Luck and RG3.

We dont need someone to compete with Fitz for who will be less mediocre. We need someone that can come in and make it obvious they should be a starting NFL QB.

Edited by DrDareustein

the Bills have been close to drafting a QB in the first round in each of the last two years. in 2010 they almost moved up to get Tim Tebow and last year in 2011 would have taken Cam Newton at #3 overall if he was there......is 2012 the year ??

Ranked #11 overall by NFLDraftScout.com

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/story/2012-02-21/nfl-draft-andrew-luck-robert-griffin-top-64/53191320/1

Tannehill waits for chance to prove he's top 10 material:

http://www.nfl.com/combine/story/09000d5d82737021/article/tannehill-waits-for-chance-to-prove-hes-top-10-material?module=HP11_content_stream

they should but they wont cuz Fitz is the "answer" :oops:

I think Tannehill is a better prospect than Gaine Blabbert or Jake Schlocker (although Locker looked pretty guide in some relief duty) I still wouldn't want the Bills to take Tannenhill at #10 overall. Weeden will hit the ground running on a team with a Week 1 need at QB.

We just have 3 more years until the Bills take Chad Kelly with their first round pick.

yeah, pretty much

1330286388[/url]' post='2389836']

And that is exactly why I used that idea to illustrate how horrible of a pick Tannehill would be. :thumbsup:

And a big NO to Wheedon, Fowles, or any other QB outside of Luck and RG3.

We dont need someone to compete with Fitz for who will be less mediocre. We need someone that can come in and make it obvious they should be a starting NFL QB.

^

Either go for the best the draft has to offer, if the FO truly believes the qb will pan out into a star or bypass the position entirely. I want a new starting qb because I was a star QB, not because I think fitz sucks. He's a middle of the road qb. If foles, cousins or any other qb drafted in the 2-7th rounds develops into a qb as good as fitz, they'd be lucky IMO. Get a stud or wait til you have an opportunity. Don't settle for mediocrity.

If they consider Tannehill, imho I would consider what it would take to trade up to #2. I can't imagine a college

coach playing this guy at WR IF they thought he had NFL starting potential. You can tell me that he was stuck

behind a "system" QB at A&M, but if he was that good, he'd have been starting at QB in college.

Good god, no. Id rather see us trade away our entire draft to get one of the two Top QBs in this draft.

So just who are the top two?? Some say Luck and RG3 and others say Luck and Tannehill. So who is it? I for one say Luck and Tannehill being able to watch Tannehill a lot and seeing him out play RG3 two years in a row in head to head compition. Plus Tannehill played in a very similiar offense for Texas A&M to what the Bills use as their base. So I think that would be a no brainer if he is there at 10. Plus there really isn't two much talent in this draft if you think about it and think about other years. Last years draft really have 3 number 1's; Cam, Von, and Marcel. You couldn't go wrong. We need a QB period.

However, his wife is a 10.

http://bit.ly/w7kumP

:lol: that's not her, this is and she is hot! Nice job Ryan :thumbsup:

http://thebiglead.com/index.php/2011/11/25/ryan-tannehills-fiancee-is-lauren-ufer-a-budding-model/

is there a way to permanently embed this photo so that it comes up in place of peter pan guy ??

God I hope so.

So just who are the top two?? Some say Luck and RG3 and others say Luck and Tannehill. So who is it? I for one say Luck and Tannehill being able to watch Tannehill a lot and seeing him out play RG3 two years in a row in head to head compition. Plus Tannehill played in a very similiar offense for Texas A&M to what the Bills use as their base. So I think that would be a no brainer if he is there at 10. Plus there really isn't two much talent in this draft if you think about it and think about other years. Last years draft really have 3 number 1's; Cam, Von, and Marcel. You couldn't go wrong. We need a QB period.

Luck and RG3, are who I was referring to. Dont see Tannehill in their league. Waste of a Top 10 pick, imo.

:unsure:

In 3 years Chad Kelly will likely be getting his first chance to start for Clemson as a red-shirt sophomore.

You think Tajh Boyd is going to stay 2 more years?

I think he'll enter the draft next year but you're right 4 more years, he needs 3 years of starts.

Tannehill to Cleveland at #4 ??

If the reports that the Browns aren’t enthusiastic about trading up to draft Robert Griffin III are true, does that mean Cleveland has decided against taking a quarterback in the first round of the NFL draft?

Not necessarily. Browns coach Pat Shurmur told Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer that he liked another quarterback he met with at the Scouting Combine: Texas A&M’s Ryan Tannehill. After first saying he was impressed with Griffin, Shurmur then mentioned how much he liked Tannehill.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/02/browns-coach-pat-shurmur-talks-up-ryan-tannehill/

I believe I read where he has only 1 season of starts in his college career. If this is true he is a first round risk for anyone.

He started the final 6 games in 2010 and all of 2011.

If you're going to take a QB, go with Brock Osweiler in the 3rd or later. IMO, he has jsut as much upside if not more. RT has never done much for me and he played with 2 NFL caliber wrs. The fact he is being talked about in the 1st just shows how shallow the QB class is past the 1st 2 guys.

If you're going to take a QB, go with Brock Osweiler in the 3rd or later. IMO, he has jsut as much upside if not more. RT has never done much for me and he played with 2 NFL caliber wrs. The fact he is being talked about in the 1st just shows how shallow the QB class is past the 1st 2 guys.

Jesus!

This kid is 6'7"! No worries about not being able to throw over the line. :lol:

I'm comfortable with the idea of using a late round pick on a QB as a "let's see", I think Fitzpatrick has earned the starting job for now and wasn't the reason we lost games last season.

I have not seen anybody rate tannehill over RG3. Where have you seen/heard this? I am really interested to know. I would not mind Tannehill @ 10 but noway in hell would I take him over RG3. I like him better then Luck & I think Luck is going to be dam good.

the stars are aligning for the bills to take tannehill.....

looks like all the teams ahead of buffalo who are QB needy have their guy....

Colts - Luck

Wash - RG III

CLEV - Matt Flynn

MIA - PEYTON

Draft Tannehill and CUT Tyler Thigpen ....consider that a trade:

last years #10 overall averaged $3 mil/yr.......Thigpen's salary is $3 mil/year.

sign Mario Williams as a Free Agent.

this is NOT what i want, but i just saying based on how close the Bills have been in each of last two years to drafting a QB early....this is a real possibilty.

i prefer we draft Martin, DeCastro or Melvin Ingram......and address the backup QB in the 2nd or 3rd round (Weeden or Osweiler).

If Manning Signs in Denver Tebow might become Available.

If Manning signs in Denver, that could spell trouble for Denver. Elway declared Tebow to be his guy, so if he cuts ot trades him, who will trust him?