QB Ryan Tannehill to Bills at #10 ??

papazoid

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

last years #10 overall averaged $3 mil/yr.......Thigpen's salary is $3 mil/year.

Actually Thigpen signed a 3-year, $11 million contract making his annual average $3.67 million per… so the Bills would be paying their first rounder less than they pay Thiggy.

If Manning signs in Denver, that could spell trouble for Denver. Elway declared Tebow to be his guy, so if he cuts ot trades him, who will trust him?

From the very start, Elway's support of Tebow has been lukewarm at best.

His most recent comment was that Tebow would enter training camp as the starter, again a less than ringing endorsement.

I wouldn't hate Ryan tannehill at 10. I have no idea how we can be comfortable with havin only Fitz (who played horribly down the stretch and worries more about his facial hair) at qb this year. Also, his supposed rib injury is no excuse. Thigpen may be te worst backup in the league and tannehill would be good to build for the future.

Bills are not going to go after a QB at 10 mainly because they have so many other glaring needs! They just paid Fitz to be the starter and want to get another reciever to throw to. Plus they need a DE, LB etc. Using a number 10 pick on a QB would be a waste because he will be sitting for awhile behind Fitz.

Edited by BillsfaninSteelerCountry

Washington's blockbuster deal's domino effect will further invigorate the chase of Manning -- Denver, Arizona and Kansas City are front-runners, with Miami in the mix, according to a league source. The deal also will lead to the enhancement in draft status of Texas A&M's Ryan Tannehill, as well as the allure of free agent Matt Flynn.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82781141/article/ramsredskins-trade-impacts-more-than-just-teams-involved?module=HP11_cp

the Bills have been close to drafting a QB in the first round in each of the last two years. in 2010 they almost moved up to get Tim Tebow and last year in 2011 would have taken Cam Newton at #3 overall if he was there......is 2012 the year ??

Ranked #11 overall by NFLDraftScout.com

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/story/2012-02-21/nfl-draft-andrew-luck-robert-griffin-top-64/53191320/1

Tannehill waits for chance to prove he's top 10 material:

http://www.nfl.com/combine/story/09000d5d82737021/article/tannehill-waits-for-chance-to-prove-hes-top-10-material?module=HP11_content_stream

We Live and die by Fitz right now. 6 yr 60 million says so and if this front office drafts Tannehill with pick 10 I will fly up to Buffalo and kick the everloving s#$t out of Buddy Nix to where when he wakes up he'll have a northern accent

Texas A&M held its pro day Wednesday, but quarterback Ryan Tannehill will not work out until March 28, he is still recovering from foot surgery.

Scouts Inc ranks him #13

NFLDraftScout ranks him #11

Gil Brandt ranks him #7

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d827522a3/article/hot-100-poe-flies-up-the-board-after-dazzling-combine-showing

Texas A&M held its pro day Wednesday, but quarterback Ryan Tannehill will not work out until March 28, he is still recovering from foot surgery.

Scouts Inc ranks him #13

NFLDraftScout ranks him #11

Gil Brandt ranks him #7

http://www.nfl.com/d...combine-showing

Talleywhacker has a boo boo foot?

If Manning signs in Denver, that could spell trouble for Denver. Elway declared Tebow to be his guy, so if he cuts ot trades him, who will trust him?

If they sign manning, they should move Tebow to tight end. That would be amazing. Tebow would hate it, but he would deal with it. I think that would work out well for them.

This isn't a serious question, right?

Trust? He's an NFL GM. This isn't the Boys & Girls club team. It's professional sports.

NO WAY do the Bills draft any QB at #10 or in rounds 2 and 3...

He is a one year wonder... Only has 9 inch hands which are too small for a QB... Remember QB Clauson? He had small hands... It would be nice if the Bills draft a QB in the later rounds, who they can develop. But even then it is not a real hot need in this years draft... I am sure Buddy knows what he is doing ... I like the feel of what is going on right now with Buddy Nix in charge with a lot of money to spend... Between him, Gailey and Whaley the football part of the operation of this team is in good hands...

Tannehill and Stephon Gilmore are pick #42 and #43 in DraftTek's next mock draft. If that's the choice, I'd take Gilmore in the blink of an eye. Tannehill is 2 years away from starting in the NFL, while Gilmore is slightly superior to Williams in ability. Byrd-Searcy-Williams-Gilmore back there will be among the elite.

That would not be wise, IMHO.

Of all the things I don't know, of this one thing I am certain - as an NFL QB, Luck will SUCK!!!

Trading away the opportunity to draft multiple quality players at positions of need, just to draft RGIII and hope he'll be a star, is just dumb - look for him to end up in Washington.

With the possible exception of OSU's Brandon Weeden (to the Dolphins), no other QBs - including Tannenhill - will be drafted in round one. Fitz is our QB in 2012. Period.

Arizona's Nick Foles (6'5", 245 lbs.) had a sub-par performance at the combine - might be worth a look in round 6 as a 'developmental' QB...

19 and 0 baby!!!! B-)

GO BILLSSS!!!!

"I expect to win every game." - Chan Gailey

They walk among us. Look at the date on this post. The Senator a.k.a. Mr. Cleo :lol:

They walk among us. Look at the date on this post. The Senator a.k.a. Mr. Cleo :lol:

Thanks, H20 - but rather than claim extreme prescience or psychic powers, I prefer to think of myself more as a 'Patrick Jane' sort of 'Mentalist', with keen powers of observation! :beer:

IMHO this was a highly-predictable trade and, as usual, Dan Snyder has proven why he is among the most incompetent over-spending evaluators of talent - both coaching and playing - that ever owned an NFL franchise!

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! B-)

Edited by The Senator

I don't know actually I am starting to turn around to the idea of tannehill at 10. I don't know about anyone else but I just don't really like any of the pass rushers up top I would rather take a top wideout/l.t or trade down. I really want to address pass rush in free agency as I see it being a major weak point of this years draft.

So id rather trade the pick for a tannehill suitor and drop back and grab a wideout

the Bills have been close to drafting a QB in the first round in each of the last two years. in 2010 they almost moved up to get Tim Tebow and last year in 2011 would have taken Cam Newton at #3 overall if he was there......is 2012 the year ??

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/story/2012-02-21/nfl-draft-andrew-luck-robert-griffin-top-64/53191320/1

http://www.nfl.com/combine/story/09000d5d82737021/article/tannehill-waits-for-chance-to-prove-hes-top-10-material?module=HP11_content_stream

We are rebuilding not restocking. We need guys that will play this year and a 1st round pick should be a day 1 starter. Getting a QB to groom on the bench when we have several starters at other positions that need to be gotten rid of or moved to the bench is a bad move for a rebuilding team.

Maybe the Giants, the Pats like last year, the Packers and a few other teams could afford to take the 3rd best QB obviously much later in the 1st round, to put on the bench and groom but we can't. We have holes to fix now and try to make a push for the play offs.

Like it or not Fitz has the full support of the owner, the GM, the coach and his team including his #1 WR SJ. Like it or not it's Fitz's team and it won't change. We need to put a couple pieces around him on offense like a healthy LT and a #1/#2 WR. All other resources need to be spent fixing our putrid defense.

Edited by PDaDdy

We are rebuilding not restocking. We need guys that will play this year and a 1st round pick should be a day 1 starter. Getting a QB to groom on the bench when we have several starters at other positions that need to be gotten rid of or moved to the bench is a bad move for a rebuilding team.

I wish Nix thought that way in 2010.

I agree with you about the current QB situation.Love him or hate him, Fitz is the QB for the 2012 season. I cannot imagine a scenario that would have the Bills taking a QB in the first round.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Did you really just say this? Forget about the Bills for a second or Fitz...this statement you just said is just ridiculous. I mean you literally just said its a bad move for a "rebuilding team" to draft a stud prospect at QB to groom for the future...lmao, is this opposite world? Come on man, a rebuilding teams highest priority would be to find a young stud QB prospect to build around. Need proof? Indy just parted ways with Manning knowing it needs to rebuild and to start that process with a stud like Luck. Washington knows it needs to rebuild and just traded a bounty to get the 2nd pick and to take RG3. Why? Because rebuilding starts and ends with a QB.

If our coach and FO don't believe Fitz is the long term answer, then they need to bring someone in this year they do like to groom for the future.

2012 NFL Draft: Ryan Tannehill Called 'Franchise Quarterback' By Wes Bunting

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Texas-AM-QB-Ryan-Tannehill-now-the-hot-name-in-the-NFL-Draft.html

At this time last year after the combine, he had Ryan Mallett going to the Jags at #16 (before the trade up to #10) in his Mock draft, Nick Fairly as the #2 pick. Give him credit, he got Newton and Dareus correct, though he dropped Newton two weeks later in favor of Fairly at #1.

2011 Mock after combine

I gotta agree, we need players now, and not developmental guys in the 1st round. Bunting's (or this website's) scouting report mentions Melvin Ingram's long reach. Everything I've read says he has short arms.

Again, Tannehill is recovering from a broken foot, and has a terrible habit of forcing too many passes. His judgment is terrible. There is no way we should be talking about Tannehill even being drafted in the 1st round, but some team may make a desperate pick.

Again, Tannehill is recovering from a broken foot, and has a terrible habit of forcing too many passes. His judgment is terrible. There is no way we should be talking about Tannehill even being drafted in the 1st round, but some team may make a desperate pick.

Agree 100%.

Id say no. Id rather see someone who could help fitz and not sit on the sidelines. maybe de or wide receiver or LT but not a quarterback. Lets see who we can land in free agency.

2012 NFL Draft: Ryan Tannehill Called 'Franchise Quarterback' By Wes Bunting

http://www.nationalf...-NFL-Draft.html

HOLY CRAP!!!!! Wes Freakin' Bunting said that about Tannehill???? Wow, that sure changes everything!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Wes Bunting, the National Football Post's director of college scouting, has been monitoring the college football scene since 2002...He completed a football GM and scouting course from Sports Management Worldwide, studying under Marc Trestman and Russ Lande, and has published scouting reports for NFLSmackdown.com, Scout.com and NFLDraftscout.com. He's a member of the Football Writers Association of America.

Bunting's opinion is obviously not to be taken lightly...after all, not only has this guy been 'monitoring the college football scene' for a few years now, but he actually took a course - AND and bought a membership card to the Football Writers Assn of America!!!!

If Wes Bunting sez that about Tannehill, it's a definite game-changer - the Bills should now try to trade up to #3 to be sure they don't miss out on Bunting's sure-fire future franchise QB!!! :w00t:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

"I expect to win every game!" - Chan Gailey

19 and 0 baby!!!!! B-)

post-2970-052840800 1331596335_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Senator

HOLY CRAP!!!!! Wes Freakin' Bunting said that about Tannehill???? Wow, that sure changes everything!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Wes Bunting, the National Football Post's director of college scouting, has been monitoring the college football scene since 2002...He completed a football GM and scouting course from Sports Management Worldwide, studying under Marc Trestman and Russ Lande, and has published scouting reports for NFLSmackdown.com, Scout.com and NFLDraftscout.com. He's a member of the Football Writers Association of America.

Bunting's opinion is obviously not to be taken lightly...after all, not only has this guy been 'monitoring the college football scene' for a few years now, but he actually took a course - AND and bought a membership card to the Football Writers Assn of America!!!!

If Wes Bunting sez that about Tannehill, it's a definite game-changer - the Bills should now try to trade up to #3 to be sure they don't miss out on Bunting's sure-fire future franchise QB!!! :w00t:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

"I expect to win every game!" - Chan Gailey

19 and 0 baby!!!!! B-)

are you poo pooing Gil Brandt's credentials too ?

As vice president of player personnel for the Cowboys from 1960-89, Gil Brandt helped Dallas grow into one of the most powerful and popular sports franchises in America.

His innovative management and personnel systems are standard operating procedure today for many teams at the professional and collegiate levels nationwide.

Brandt has spent the last eight years as NFL.com's main personnel guru and offers insight and commentary on all aspects of players and teams.

HE RANKS TANNEHILL #7

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d827522a3/article/hot-100-poe-flies-up-the-board-after-dazzling-combine-showing

Did you really just say this? Forget about the Bills for a second or Fitz...this statement you just said is just ridiculous. I mean you literally just said its a bad move for a "rebuilding team" to draft a stud prospect at QB to groom for the future...lmao, is this opposite world? Come on man, a rebuilding teams highest priority would be to find a young stud QB prospect to build around. Need proof? Indy just parted ways with Manning knowing it needs to rebuild and to start that process with a stud like Luck. Washington knows it needs to rebuild and just traded a bounty to get the 2nd pick and to take RG3. Why? Because rebuilding starts and ends with a QB.

If our coach and FO don't believe Fitz is the long term answer, then they need to bring someone in this year they do like to groom for the future.

So Luck and RG3, who are supposedly can't miss prospects are off the board. You want to draft the not even concensus 3rd best QB to put on the bench to groom? It reminds me of exactly the QB discussions last year. Half of this board or more wanted Blaine Gabbert and thought Newton was an immature bust waiting to happen. Gabbert couldn't even hold Newton's athletic supporter and looks like he took lessons from Cpt Checkdown while cowering in the face of the pass rush. I argued that nobody would even know or care who Gabbert was if Luck had come out last year because all the talk would have been Luck vs Newton. How did that work out for the Jaguars so far?

How does drafting a 1 year wonder QB to sit on the bench help us make the playoffs in 2012, 2013, 2014? Get a clue dog. We have the 30th worst defense and we have made WR and even LT off season priorities? You want to draft a guy to sit on the bench for 3 years with our first round pick???? You can't really be serious? Is this just disguised Fitz haterism or do you really feel using your first round pick on a clip board holder on a team with so many holes is a good idea?

Your narrow mind of focus is amazing. "Rebuilding starts and ends with the QB"? You're smarter than that man. Your own ending statement says it all and you know the answer already. Fitz has the contract, the support of the owner, the support of the GM, the support of the coach and the support of his WR's like Nelson and Johnson. Apparently they think Fitz is the answer. In that scenario you draft players to help your team now and you DON'T draft a guy who is at best the 3rd best QB in the draft at #10 to sit on the bench as his replacement. That shows a vote of no confidence which is contrary to EVERYTHING else they have said and done.

Edited by PDaDdy

I wish Nix thought that way in 2010.

I agree with you about the current QB situation.Love him or hate him, Fitz is the QB for the 2012 season. I cannot imagine a scenario that would have the Bills taking a QB in the first round.

To an extent I agree. Fred Jackson turned it up in his 30th year on the planet and perhaps surprised the coaching staff. Many here believed Jackson was a superstar. I was a bit more skeptical. I knew he was good but I didn't know he would produce like he did last year until injuries claimed him again. Spiller was drafted as the heir apparent and I think there were plans to use him more than they did on special teams, WR and RB. Unfortunately those touches didn't materialize but I think they intended him to be more of a day 1 impact player on the field but Fred came on too strong and fought the rookie off and we played from behind a lot reducing RB touches.

I agree Spiller wasn't the day 1 starter that I hoped for in that draft but I can say that I am glad that he is on our team. After taking over for Fred he has started showing everyone that he was worth the pick unless you have someone that is so entrenched in their "luxury pick bust" stance that they can't see that the kid has talent. He is just starting to get it going at the NFL level and he still hasn't reached his full potential. It appears that all he needed was touches and time on the field.

are you poo pooing Gil Brandt's credentials too ?

As vice president of player personnel for the Cowboys from 1960-89, Gil Brandt helped Dallas grow into one of the most powerful and popular sports franchises in America.

His innovative management and personnel systems are standard operating procedure today for many teams at the professional and collegiate levels nationwide.

Brandt has spent the last eight years as NFL.com's main personnel guru and offers insight and commentary on all aspects of players and teams.

HE RANKS TANNEHILL #7

http://www.nfl.com/d...combine-showing

Now how could I poo poo those credentials - 'specially since, when I look at the web page of "NFL.com's main personnel guru", there they are...verbatim...

Link - Gil Brandt :lol:

No sir...no sir-eee!!!!

Wouldn't dare argue with a self-proclaimed GURU - "whose innovative management and personnel systems are standard operating procedure today for many teams at the professional and collegiate levels nationwide."

(At least, according to him!!!) :rolleyes:

I'm holding my ground here, papzoid - Brandon Wheeden will be taken before Tannehill, who will last until at least round 3.

WHAT????? The Bills have been close to drafting a QB? Where have you been the last three years. Maybe in the fans eyes but the FO has been happy with Captain Checkdown and now Ryan F$tzmoney. The Bills have no intention to take QB with the first round pick. You dont sign your "Franchise QB" to a six year deal and then draft his replacement 8 months later. Maybe they take a QB later on to grow and learn from F$tzy how to get a big pay day from a team desperate to find a QB, but the #10 pick will not be a QB.

Agree 100%.

:thumbsup: Tannehill has way too much downside for us to waste our #10 on him. I agree that some desperate team will pick him before he should be picked just because there really are only two serious QB's in this draft and they will be long gone before the Bills select.

The only QB's to draft in the first round are those who are the 'sure things' and even a healthy Tannehill has a few too many questions and lack of college experience. Now, if he is still there when we pick in the second or third round ....

Man, I so hope the bills draft a QB with that 10th pick... so the fans clamoring for him to start get their wish....and then watch him get beaten to death behind that crappy O line everyone thinks is so great.

OTOH, if he sits on the bench, he could have McCargo's or Maybins old spots right next to Spiller:lol:

3 of 4 NFL Network analysts have Tannehill coming off the board BEFORE buffalo picks:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/mock-drafts

WHOOO HOOOO!!!! That means a higher degree of likelihood that we will get a better player at #10 while others are overvaluing a rookie QB prospect out of desperation. This IS good news.

Edited by PDaDdy

3 of 4 NFL Network analysts have Tannehill coming off the board BEFORE buffalo picks:

http://www.nfl.com/d...012/mock-drafts

And all four are wrong about him being drafted before the third round - personally, I'm thinking round four - and still hope the Bills don't touch him!!!!

Edited by The Senator

To an extent I agree. Fred Jackson turned it up in his 30th year on the planet and perhaps surprised the coaching staff. Many here believed Jackson was a superstar. I was a bit more skeptical. I knew he was good but I didn't know he would produce like he did last year until injuries claimed him again. Spiller was drafted as the heir apparent and I think there were plans to use him more than they did on special teams, WR and RB. Unfortunately those touches didn't materialize but I think they intended him to be more of a day 1 impact player on the field but Fred came on too strong and fought the rookie off and we played from behind a lot reducing RB touches.

I agree Spiller wasn't the day 1 starter that I hoped for in that draft but I can say that I am glad that he is on our team. After taking over for Fred he has started showing everyone that he was worth the pick unless you have someone that is so entrenched in their "luxury pick bust" stance that they can't see that the kid has talent. He is just starting to get it going at the NFL level and he still hasn't reached his full potential. It appears that all he needed was touches and time on the field.

Fred Jackson was the best player on the team last year and one of the best players in the NFL before he got hurt. He's also someone who has the full, unwavering support of every player on the team who have backed him in public repeatedly.

So try supporting your team's best player and starter instead of (wrongly) suggesting last year was a flash in the pan.

Oh wait, I forgot, his name isn't Fitzpatrick so your rules of "biatching" don't apply, right?

Once again you show your true colors.

• 2 weeks later...

Cosell: Tannehill throws on the run better than Luck or Griffin

With talk around the NFL that Texas A&M quarterback Ryan Tannehill could be drafted as high as fourth overall to the Browns, more analysts are talking up Tannehill’s tape. And Greg Cosell of NFL Films has offered up an assessment that gives plenty of reason to like Tannehill’s chances of going very high in next month’s NFL draft.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/28/cosell-tannehill-throws-on-the-run-better-than-luck-or-griffin/