Screw Hines, Randy Moss Wants Back In

K-9

No doubt that Randy Moss was one of the most talented wide receivers in NFL history. Possibly Hall of Fame worthy.

BUT....

Every athlete hits the age wall at some point - no matter how good they were. Usually that comes in the mid-late 30's for football players. Moss seemed to hit that wall in 2009 at 33 years old. And he didn't even play last year, so his physical condition would be a major concern.

Unlike Stevie Johnson (who simply lacks focus at times and is not really a problem player) Moss is a legitimate distraction to the team. That means on the field, off the field and in the locker room. That doesn't take into account that he has ALWAYS been the type to take off plays and give a half-hearted effort when his mind isn't into the game.

And finally... a lot of people believe he purposely dropped that ball in 2009 against the Patriots (myself included) while a member of the Titans. Do you want him to purposely blow games for us twice a year against New England?

I'm generally "no" on Randy Moss, but it'd give us someone new to hate.... Hines Ward can play on my team any day. The guy has heart and is a football player. I'm sure he remembers Gailey. Yeah ....prob not either. I'm trying....

are we starting this crap already?

Can't Bills fans just not post these threads when the guy clearly has nothing left in the tank? If these players couldn't contribute very much on the teams they came from why on earth would anyone think they would here?

If you look at the trend of teams that have won the super bowl in the last decade or 2, how many of those teams had any washed up(released, not traded) players at any of the skill positions on their teams? the answer you're looking for would be 0.

Ask yourself that question before posting threads like this and you'll have your answer. It's not coincidence the answer to the above question is 0 either.

K-9, c'mon man! Randy Moss?

Just my annual contribution to the "sign-anybody-we've-ever-heard-of-free-agent-palooza."

I figured people would know I was busting chops with my reference to his lack of maturity and work ethic.

But I will say this in all seriousness: had Randy Moss been a bit more grown-up about things during his career, he would have been in every discussion about the all time greatest at the WR position. In all my years of watching football, he is without a doubt the most athletically gifted player I've ever seen at the position on any level.

GO BILLS!!!

Just my annual contribution to the "sign-anybody-we've-ever-heard-of-free-agent-palooza."

I figured people would know I was busting chops with my reference to his lack of maturity and work ethic.

But I will say this in all seriousness: had Randy Moss been a bit more grown-up about things during his career, he would have been in every discussion about the all time greatest at the WR position. In all my years of watching football, he is without a doubt the most athletically gifted player I've ever seen at the position on any level.

GO BILLS!!!

I get ya. Cool. And I can agree to the best wide out of all time if he were more mature & a better work ethic! Catch you later.

This generation's version of James Lofton, only without the maturity and work ethic.

This season's version of the TO signing, only without the maturity and work ethic.

GO BILLS!!!

Fellas, FELLAS!! Listen up! NFL teams will be much more receptive to Randy Moss' return than they were with TO last year. His agent and PR people will spin it like this: "Randy needed to get refocused...get his head back in the game. He had to step away. He's concentrated on the all of the mental aspects of the game and has trained feavorishly. He may be in the best shape of his life right now..."

Randy will old a TO style public workout, which many teams will attend, as opposed to ) @ TO's. If Randy runs a sub 4.4 40yd, as he claims he still can (4.35-4.38) He'll garner multiple offers.

Fellas, FELLAS!! Listen up! NFL teams will be much more receptive to Randy Moss' return than they were with TO last year. His agent and PR people will spin it like this: "Randy needed to get refocused...get his head back in the game. He had to step away. He's concentrated on the all of the mental aspects of the game and has trained feavorishly. He may be in the best shape of his life right now..."

Randy will old a TO style public workout, which many teams will attend, as opposed to ) @ TO's. If Randy runs a sub 4.4 40yd, as he claims he still can (4.35-4.38) He'll garner multiple offers.

In other news, he still has as Chris Carter says "more quit in him than any superstar." As long as the Bills aren't one of those teams I could not care less.

In other news, he still has as Chris Carter says "more quit in him than any superstar." As long as the Bills aren't one of those teams I could not care less.

Randy Moss responds to Cris Carter:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/14/on-moss-cris-carter-says-teams-should-worry-about-that-thing-called-quit/related/

"Carter’s criticism struck a nerve with Moss, who took to Twitter to say to Carter “its sad how u stroked ur own ego when u were suppose to b my mentor! then u wonder why karma bites u in the ass! #goodlukwithhof

Edited by Buftex

I'd definitely take on moss. At his age he knows this is truly his last shot. Odds are you'll get his best which will be better than most NFL WRs. If he shows he still has the sub 4.4 speed and agrees to a mostly incentive deal, gotta be crazy not to sign him.

Personally, I don't advocate the Bills signing Moss or TO, at this point. Beyond their perceived off the field issues, the Bills are a building team, optimistically, another season or two away from making serious noise. Guys their age (Moss is 35, Owens is 38) just are not, in the long run, going to help the Bills at this point.

However, if I was an NFL GM, and felt I had a real shot at making a move in the standings this coming season, I would be more inclined to sign Terrell Owens at 38, than Moss at 35. Both will have their physical questions, but I think Owens has shown that he appreciates his situation a bit more than Moss.

Randy Moss responds to Cris Carter:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/14/on-moss-cris-carter-says-teams-should-worry-about-that-thing-called-quit/related/

"Carter’s criticism struck a nerve with Moss, who took to Twitter to say to Carter “its sad how u stroked ur own ego when u were suppose to b my mentor! then u wonder why karma bites u in the ass! #goodlukwithhof

Yeah, because God knows it can't be Randy's fault.

Yeah, because God knows it can't be Randy's fault.

Which is exactly why I would take a chance on Owens, over Moss, at this point, if I was inclined to take a chance at all. Perhaps it is just PR, but Owens, now that he is down and out, has admitted that many of his troubles were his own doing...I don't get that sense from Moss. I hate to say it, but I just think Moss is a bad dude. Talented, no doubt, but a bad guy. I know it was a long time ago, but that whole incident where he tried to mo-down a woman (a security guard IIRC)with a golf-cart just speaks volumes about his character to me. He may have been young at the time, but if you don't know that is a bad move, by the age of 24 or 25 (or whenever it was) chances are you aren't going to change much.

Personally, I don't advocate the Bills signing Moss or TO, at this point. Beyond their perceived off the field issues, the Bills are a building team, optimistically, another season or two away from making serious noise. Guys their age (Moss is 35, Owens is 38) just are not, in the long run, going to help the Bills at this point.

However, if I was an NFL GM, and felt I had a real shot at making a move in the standings this coming season, I would be more inclined to sign Terrell Owens at 38, than Moss at 35. Both will have their physical questions, but I think Owens has shown that he appreciates his situation a bit more than Moss.

Id like to see Bills stop defining themselves as a "rebuilding" team. It prevents them from signing big time FAs and seasoned vets with a couple productive years left. Whose to say if we didn't have a few more pieces we couldn't have made some noise last year. Against the super bowl teams we were 1 & 2, with one of the losses a close one on the road. We may not be much further away than a few players. But we'll never know if we keep defining our status as "rebuilding".

Id like to see Bills stop defining themselves as a "rebuilding" team. It prevents them from signing big time FAs and seasoned vets with a couple productive years left. Whose to say if we didn't have a few more pieces we couldn't have made some noise last year. Against the super bowl teams we were 1 & 2, with one of the losses a close one on the road. We may not be much further away than a few players. But we'll never know if we keep defining our status as "rebuilding".

I have said the same thing many times...but, this is just the way the Bills do things, for better or worse. Either way, I don't think Rany Moss is really going to help the Bills out... I would be much more impressed if they could re-sign Steve Johnson, and then add somebody like Dwayne Bowe or Vincent Brown. I think adding Moss would make the Bills look more pathetic and desperate to other potential FA's.

Edited by Buftex