Brady just slammed the Buffalo area

Yard Monkey

This thing is getting out of hand. Probably not the best thing to say when the spotlight's on you, but the media is blowing this way out of proportion. Yes, I know we all hate the guy, his super model wife, his money, fame and super bowl rings. Hell, there's nothing better I like seeing than when he gets jacked from a blind side rusher, but come on.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I meant is the city started arcing downward from that pinnacle. The Pan Am Expo was supposed to enhance the region. That little bit of bad pub kind of cast a pall. Not saying that led to anything. Just sort of a marker.

PTR

Speaking of the McKinley assassination, I just finished this book. It's a fantastic read on the subject,the anarchist movement of the late 19th century and the major events of the McKinley presidency.

The President And The Assassin

The Hampton Inn on Delaware is outstanding. Right in the middle of the bars too.

Yea, but the team still has to get to Orchard Park for the game. Out of the way and inconvenient.These thing make a difference in perception.

This is a fantastic point.

This is a deeply flawed comparison. Baseball involves guaranteed money for player contracts without a salary cap; there is tremendous incentive to go to a team that offers the most money, and Detroit has a strong team that will push for a championship this year. Buffalo has the worst recent track record of teams in the league, and is easily the worst city in the NFL, to be honest. While the city of Detroit is a desolate place, there are some excellent suburbs there that pro athletes are happy to live in (Grosse Pointe and Bloomfield Hills for example) while Buffalo doesn't.

With all due respect, go !@#$ yourself. It's not the city of Buffalo's fault you couldn't get laid or got picked on. Perhaps you can go join a Detroit message board rather than a BUFFALO Bills one and trash many fans here hometown.

With all due respect, go !@#$ yourself. It's not the city of Buffalo's fault you couldn't get laid or got picked on. Perhaps you can go join a Detroit message board rather than a BUFFALO Bills one and trash many fans here hometown.

Dude, chill out. I'm not trashing Buffalo; I'm pointing out why Buffalo has trouble attracting free agents, and you attack me personally? My point is that, unless you're too blind to see it, Buffalo isn't exactly a prime destination for pro athletes. Let's hope the team can build through the draft and develop a winning foundation that attracts top players eventually. But again, I'm sorry you chose to attack me for pointing out differences between Detroit and Buffalo that matter in free agents' decision process.

Well that was over a hundred years ago, wonder where all the millionaires now? Its a shame that the state has gone down so much over the years.

They moved south.

A lot of millionaires lived in Buffalo - and a lot of the robber-barons had summer homes there - because the lake provided natural air conditioning to the region in the summer. When mechanical air conditioning became common...no more reason to live in Buffalo.

The truth is, most Bills fans don't get to stay in the hotels downtown, because we live in the area. And when we visit, we stay with relatives. Buffalo isn't really a tourist town, so maybe there is no need for a Ritz or Four Seasons with $350/night rooms. I don't know that this type of hotel would do well in our town.

Wonder where Brady stays in Green Bay. The nicest place is the Marriott. That's really not much better than the Adam's Mark.

I'm glad he apologized.

So Brady "slammed the Buffalo area" by pointing out (with these fiery words) "the hotels in Buffalo are not the nicest places in the world"?

This is the saddest thread of the season.

It is amusing how the tough blue collar football town is so upset about it someone noting it's blue collar hotels.

I stayed at the Bacara Resort over Christmas just outside santa barbara. There isnt an entire hotel in WNY that is as nice as its bathrooms.

Brady apolgized. You ladies ok now?

Brady apologized? Brady's a kitty.

Let's invite Brady to PPP. I wanna make him cry.

I love WNY, SH '80 SUNYAF '84, but 40 years of decline, no peace bridge, corrupt city gov, and we're shocked people make comments like his...really?

PS...Did Tom-Terrific ever explain why he was driving a $80k Audi owned by a non-profit in Boston when he had his accident driving to his contract extension signing?

PS...Did Tom-Terrific ever explain why he was driving a $80k Audi owned by a non-profit in Boston when he had his accident driving to his contract extension signing?

No, but even though The Brady hit the other driver, he insisted that he himself was hit illegally, so Goodell fined fined the other driver $10k.

I love WNY, SH '80 SUNYAF '84, but 40 years of decline, no peace bridge, corrupt city gov, and we're shocked people make comments like his...really?

Because he's not a politician.

Becuase he can.

Brady apologized for the comment to Sullivan this morning.

The Mansion invited him to spend the night as well.

My link

It's very weird, but the closer this game gets the more I'm actually thinking of rooting for the Pats. A few years ago, when they were 18-0 and rolling it up on teams there was no way I wanted them to win that Superbowl. But the Pats seem to be getting no respect at all this time around. Now you have some jerk supposed friend (probably not a family member) leaking a private email from Brady's wife. The Giants have been big talkers. Osi blows off a media session. Anyone thinking of rooting for the Pats this time? BTW, I think it's classy to be pulling for your team in your division (as long as they deserve it unlike that smug 18-0 bunch).

This kind of reaction is why too many players and coaches say "one day at a time" and it was a "team effort" in every interview. Everything gets blown out of proportion in a 24-hour-news-cycle.

Let's leave the complaining to the hoteliers and tourism board. We should embrace Buffalo as a blue-collar, small-market town. Buffalo is what it is. A high-end tourism destination it is not. A great football town with great hard-working people it is.

Brady's comment was about his dad. The hotel comment was secondary, and more than likely unintentional. Complaining makes us look like wannabes.

Go Giants.

It's very weird, but the closer this game gets the more I'm actually thinking of rooting for the Pats. A few years ago, when they were 18-0 and rolling it up on teams there was no way I wanted them to win that Superbowl. But the Pats seem to be getting no respect at all this time around. Now you have some jerk supposed friend (probably not a family member) leaking a private email from Brady's wife. The Giants have been big talkers. Osi blows off a media session. Anyone thinking of rooting for the Pats this time? BTW, I think it's classy to be pulling for your team in your division (as long as they deserve it unlike that smug 18-0 bunch).

I'm classless, Go Giants