Brady just slammed the Buffalo area

Yard Monkey

Dude, I hate Brady but its hard to argue with him there.

Hotels in Buffalo suck. Adam's Mark, and the EB Greens hotel and that Marriott, aren't that good. I've stayed at all of them and I travel for a living.

The best one in the Buffalo area was the Indeblu hotel out near UB, but I think that one is shut down now. Even the Mansion on Delaware is a little run down.

I've been to better hotels in Albuquerque NM and MOntgomery, Al then Buffalo.

So Brady is a douchebag more for bringing this up, then anything else. I mean what a dick he had to bring up an actual fact he couldn't have said something that isn't true.

I just stayed there last month and its a little run down. They need a refresh. Plus the whole Gatriots team could never fit there.

Although the ambiance is nice. The wife was into it. :flirt:

The fact that it's the go to one speaks volumes to the truth in bradys comments.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just watching NFL network live coverage of the Wednesday press conference. Brady was talking about how his parents were very supportive and how they traveled to his games in college and then when he became a starter in the pros. He then said "my (dad) even traveled to Buffalo. I don't know if you guys have ever been to Buffalo, but the hotels in Buffalo are not the nicest places in the world."

Anyone else hear this?

Like that's news? Upstate New York can be really scenic, but it's not really know for high-end hotels.

Geez, c'mon people, there are lots of things that suck about Buffalo. And that shouldn't surprise anybody.

Like that's news? Upstate New York can be really scenic, but it's not really know for high-end hotels.

Geez, c'mon people, there are lots of things that suck about Buffalo. And that shouldn't surprise anybody.

But.... But.... But..... How dare he make a joke!

IN NYC, you pay $3,000/ month to live in a box and have to ride public transportation everywhere.

Have you ever spent any time there? I assume you mean Manhattan when you say "NYC". Anyway, $3000 a month will get you a nice 1 bedroom just about anywahere in the city. You could share a plce for a lot less also. And people in "NYC" don't complain about "public transportion"--its an accepted (and completely acceptable) way of life for generations, it is cheap, pretty efficient and fairly clean. And you can always get a cab in a second if you must. Few inhabitants would even think of owning a car.

I googled 5 star hotels in Buffalo NY.

http://www.golflink.com/list_26728_star-hotels-buffalo-new-york.html

I've got no dog in this hunt, cause I dont give a !@#$ what crybrady says. :censored:

I've stayed in all three. The Mansion is the only one that comes close to a "five-star" hotel, and it isn't one. The Embassy Suites is nice because it's new, but as above, it's got a horrible restaurant. (There are good ones within walking distance, though.) But it's not a five-star hotel, either. And the Hyatt is a dump.

Tom Brady best watch it.

He's setting himself up for the last two years of his career in a Bills uniform and forever subjected to the NFL Films shows about NFL legends who finished their career with "other" teams.

And those two years will have record snowfall for nearly all home games. Beginning as early as it possibly could.

Of course those two Bills teams will not only make the Super Bowl but win it, forever casting Brady in a Bills uniform and not in a Patriots uniform.

That'd be pretty ironically awesome.

I thought this website gave a humorous twist to this thread. I googled 5 star hotels in Buffalo. This website offered three 5 star hotels for Buffalo. In Niagara Falls, Ont. Canada! Doh!

Linky

Maybe Brady is kinda right after all.

Nice picture of the lovely Buffalo "coast" there. :blink:

PTR

People look in the mirror. If you weren't born in Buffalo there would be no reason to ever live or even visit there. The hotels are crap. The restaurants are crap. The airport is small and has very few direct flights to anywhere. Compare them to Cleveland, Pittsburgh, or Toronto. People have said we are at the bottom of the list. Buffalo isn't even on the list.

For me the defining charm of Buffalo has been the people. I have lived in Ohio and now the Pacific NW and travelled the entire country. Nowhere are the people as friendly as in western NY.

Not moving back anytime soon though....

I love Buffalo and I HATE Brady, but sadly he has a point. Adam's Mark is supposedly one of the city's nicer hotels and while the place isn't a dump it definitely isn't anything that would be rated above 2 stars in most cities.

But to stay in the spirit I believe this thread was started in...

F' Brady, I hope he gets beaten to near-death this Sunday. :thumbsup:

buffalo hotels suck for the most part.

People look in the mirror. If you weren't born in Buffalo there would be no reason to ever live or even visit there. The hotels are crap. The restaurants are crap. The airport is small and has very few direct flights to anywhere. Compare them to Cleveland, Pittsburgh, or Toronto. People have said we are at the bottom of the list. Buffalo isn't even on the list.

For me the defining charm of Buffalo has been the people. I have lived in Ohio and now the Pacific NW and travelled the entire country. Nowhere are the people as friendly as in western NY.

Whoa, whoa. You are DEFINITELY wrong on a lot of levels. First, the restaurants here are incredible. Better than NYC and Chicago? No. As good as or better than any other city in North America that I've been to? Yes. Second, within the last two years, the city has received rave reviews from architecture tourists, garden tourists (yeah, there's such a thing, apparently), and the travel sections of two leading (and by leading, I mean international: the Toronto Star and the New York Times) newspapers.

And I'm not being defensive about Buffalo: I'm one of the people admitting that Brady was right about the hotels.

Please, by all means, stay in Seattle or wherever.

Edited by Offsides Number 76

Your post is so filled with lies:

1) The restaurants in WNY are outstanding and I'm gladly match passports if you want. Buffalo has great choices for food and even your beloved Toronto has written features about Buffalo.

2) The airport is one of the best bargains in the country and people flock here from Canada for flights.

3) Dumping on Buffalo for Ohio? Have you ever seen the movie Gummo? And get out of here with Cleveland. Also, the Pacific NW is great if you like rain and want to kill yourself. See, I can dump on places too. It's not hard.

The bottomline is Buffaloians shouldn't get offend because it is one stuck up douche's opinion. but the bottomline is it comes down to class. You put me anywhere, I will have a good time. I also find that the ex_WNYers who dump on the area were probably losers who couldn't get a job or get laid. For those of us who can, WNY is a great place to live.

Have you ever spent any time there? I assume you mean Manhattan when you say "NYC". Anyway, $3000 a month will get you a nice 1 bedroom just about anywahere in the city. You could share a plce for a lot less also. And people in "NYC" don't complain about "public transportion"--its an accepted (and completely acceptable) way of life for generations, it is cheap, pretty efficient and fairly clean. And you can always get a cab in a second if you must. Few inhabitants would even think of owning a car.

You missed my point. I love to visit NYC and have thought about moving there. But for some people, the idea of paying thousands of dollars a month for a bedroom and while you have to ride a bus everywhere isn't appealing. I could not imagine a worse place to raise than NYC. Talk about wasting your money for very little bang for your buck.

However, nothing comes close to NYC for women. The prices just suck.

Hampton Inns are nice for budget rooms, but not what Marcia is looking for.

I've tried to stay at nice places, and typically walk away unhappy. All of the "nice" places are old, and wouldn't be anything but middle of the road in most cities. When your cities nicest hotel is the Embassy Suites, that's a problem for someone like the Bradys who are probably used to staying at the W, Plaza, Ritz,Omni, Westin, Oriental, etc.

It's really quite true. There are a handful of nice small boutiques, but probably below the average jock's radar screen. hell, I'VE been turned off staying at the Buffalo Hyatt, (a chain I would normally lump in with the upper-end chains I listed), and I'm not even close to rich.

big deal. coming from the perspective of a buffalo expat, it's strange how sensitive some people are. buffalo has a downtrodden economy, a lack of capital, and a (relatively) small tourist industry. the hotel industry there is below average without a doubt.

on the other hand, if you want to argue (as some have) that the Bradys are girly men cuz they need luxury hotels, well, then you've got a point. nothing wrong with roughing it a bit for the weekend... i've done it more than a few times, and am no worse off for it. (in fact, maybe i'm a bit BETTER OFF, for it...)

Agreed. Who complains about the hotels. The real problem is the continual shafting Buffalo receives from NY State. Other "rust-belt" cities have been revitalized, cities like Charlotte have risen from no-where. Someone said Buffalo had the highest # of millionaires per-capita at the turn of the centry, I think he was talking about 1900. In the early 1900's Buffalo was one of the 10 biggest cities in the US. Now......

But more to the point, Brady is a sissy for complaining about hotels. Yes, some of the ones in Buffalo stink. Others are good. Terrible ones can be avoided. I supposse he requires 4+ star hotels everywhere. What a dousche.

If you have ever stayed at a nice hotel in a real city, you would understand the difference. Buffalo hotels are a place to sleep, not a destination in themselves.

Rochester is white collar and in the recent past had thriving companies like Bausch and Lomb, Kodak, and Xerox, it is no surprise they have some better hotels. Buffalo has....UB.

That said, a hotel is for sleeping. Get over yourself, Marcia.