Brady just slammed the Buffalo area

Yard Monkey

I was just watching NFL network live coverage of the Wednesday press conference. Brady was talking about how his parents were very supportive and how they traveled to his games in college and then when he became a starter in the pros. He then said "my (dad) even traveled to Buffalo. I don't know if you guys have ever been to Buffalo, but the hotels in Buffalo are not the nicest places in the world."

Anyone else hear this?

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just watching NFL network live coverage of the Wednesday press conference. Brady was talking about how his parents were very supportive and how they traveled to his games in college and then when he became a starter in the pros. He then said "my (dad) even traveled to Buffalo. I don't know if you guys have ever been to Buffalo, but the hotels in Buffalo are not the nicest places in the world."

Anyone else hear this?

I love Buffalo and I HATE Brady, but sadly he has a point. Adam's Mark is supposedly one of the city's nicer hotels and while the place isn't a dump it definitely isn't anything that would be rated above 2 stars in most cities.

But to stay in the spirit I believe this thread was started in...

F' Brady, I hope he gets beaten to near-death this Sunday. :thumbsup:

Maybe his dad likes those places you rent by the hour?

PTR

:devil: But seriously, we got stop being so sensitive. There are some beautiful parts of Buffalo but there is a ton of garbage too. NYC is filled with craphole hotels as are most cities. Personally given what I like to do on vacation, I'd rather skim on the hotel since I plan on spending as little of time in the room as possible.

Anyone else hear this?

Is honesty so jarring to you?

So there are no good hotels in Buffalo? Or was Tommy Boy too cheap to spring for a good one for his pops?

I was just thinking that too. I have never stayed in a hotel in Buffalo, (by the hour or otherwise ;) ) but Rochester has two that I have been in that are very nice. Hard to believe Buffalo doesn't have any.

Honest, yes, but why go out of your way to insult a city? He's a pompous little B word and I can't wait until he's out of the league.

I wasn't offend at all. But to make ourselves feel better about Tommy "Hairplugs," let's recap:

http://sportswithsilverman.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Tom_Brady2.jpg

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/11/2011/05/brady.jpg

http://union.sportsblognet.com/files/2009/09/tom-brady-combine-300x273.jpg

http://media.masslive.com/my_wide_world/photo/9088628-large.jpg

http://coedmagazine.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/tom-brady-dance-1.gif?w=320&h=180

:devil:

I love how honesty is seen as a slam.

Buffalo isn't the most spectacular city, guys. C'mon, lets be realistic.

This is completely true, honesty is fine, but going out of his way to single out Buffalo? Brady has played in other "terrible" cities, why not mention them? why Buffalo?

Is honesty so jarring to you?

I'm more surprised than anything, but actually did not express any opinion in my post...just pointed out what Brady said. Seems a bit out of context given he said this at a super bowl press conference that has nothing to do with Buffalo.

Where do they wind up staying when they're in town for a Bills game anyway? I can't even think of any thing major in the area of the Ralph. Then again, I've never really gone out looking for hotels there.

Honest, yes, but why go out of your way to insult a city? He's a pompous little B word and I can't wait until he's out of the league.

I'm over the Tom Brady hate. I remember how cool it was when some of the other fans of the Jets Dolphins and Patriots were rooting on the Bills during the "four in a row" Superbowl stretch. If the Patriots win then so be it. They'll deserve all the accolades that come with winning four Superbowls. Brady is a great QB and Belichick is a great coach. I'm ok with whoever wins this game. I just hope it's a good one.

Our decade of futility wouldn't seem as bad if it's put in context of being in the same division of a "dynasty" team. I really do think that Brady/Belichick belong with the dynasties of Montana/Walsh and Bradshaw/Knoll.

Plus, our beating them this season should boost our team's confidence since that certainly wasn't a cheap win. The Pats knew we were playing very good at that point. Brady wasn't making fun of the people, he was making fun of the hotels. You need to have a thicker skin and be able to laugh at yourself. Geez, Jim Kelly avoided Buffalo like the plague before he got here...LOL

The Mansion on Delaware garnred Four Diamond & AAA status the past two years. It's ranked with some of the best in the country for service and amenities. If you haven't been there check it out. It's not even that terribly expensive. Throw a tie on, or not, and have a drink in the billiards room some night before a Sabres game. The staff treats everyone as though they're royalty, no need to feel like you don't belong.

And also, F#@k Brady. Tuck and Pierre Paul are gonna frustrate the hell out of him just like Strahan and Mitchell did 4 years ago.

This is completely true, honesty is fine, but going out of his way to single out Buffalo? Brady has played in other "terrible" cities, why not mention them? why Buffalo?

I didn't hear the original quote, so I have no idea if he went out of his way.

You're saying that he sought out media, told them about how ****ty Buffalo was without being asked a related question?