Brady just slammed the Buffalo area

Yard Monkey

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you take any offense to this, or disagree with Brady, you need to leave Buffalo and see the rest of the country. LEAVE IMMEDIATELY. I've heard a couple of names of hotels listed here and they are the least terrible of the hotels in WNY - the tallest midget if you will. That said, since there really isnt jack **** to do in Buffalo other than rave about deep fried food, i woulnt imagine throwing a nice hotel there would be a wise investment.

Because "most" medium-market cities have at least one upscale, boutique hotel that sports teams, rock bands, etc stay at. BUF does not have one. That's why he singled us out.

Considering the Sabres, concerts, Shea's, etc, the city needs one pretty badly. The ongoing problem is no one wants to invest in the city for all the reason previously listed on this board and elsewhere.

This is completely true, honesty is fine, but going out of his way to single out Buffalo? Brady has played in other "terrible" cities, why not mention them? why Buffalo?

Because "most" medium-market cities have at least one upscale, boutique hotel that sports teams, rock bands, etc stay at. BUF does not have one. That's why he singled us out.

Considering the Sabres, concerts, Shea's, etc, the city needs one pretty badly. The ongoing problem is no one wants to invest in the city for all the reason previously listed on this board and elsewhere.

Then what is the Embassy Suites in downtown? A Motel 6? Maybe the story really is Brady waited too long to get his dad one of the nice hotels and he had to stay in an Econo-lodge.

PTR

Who cares? I heard the downtown hotels were shabby until recently. I think they did a big upgrade on Hyatt and the new Embassy suites in the Avant is supposed to be really nice. With the Lafayette undergoing renovation and the Mansion on Delaware there are some great boutique options. If you complained now, it would show that you are too lazy or cheap to get a nice one . There is defitely a grain of truth to his statement though. I am sure he stayed in some crappy rooms at some point.

All true. The Lafayette is going to be beautiful, The Statler should be nice when completed as well. The Downtown Hotel scene in BFLO is NO Bueno. I stayed at The Adam's Mark a couple of years ago with my wife for one night. It was 1983 all over again. That place needs to be gutted- I went to the prom there in 1988 and it was newer at the time and seemed pretty nice-not anymore. Embassy Suites is supposed to be nice now. Teams really should stay in OP or Hamburg but those are like Motor Hotels-Remember The McKinley Park Inn? Is that still open? Oh well BFLO needs to get into the new millenium.

Edited by BuffaloWest

big deal. coming from the perspective of a buffalo expat, it's strange how sensitive some people are. buffalo has a downtrodden economy, a lack of capital, and a (relatively) small tourist industry. the hotel industry there is below average without a doubt.

on the other hand, if you want to argue (as some have) that the Bradys are girly men cuz they need luxury hotels, well, then you've got a point. nothing wrong with roughing it a bit for the weekend... i've done it more than a few times, and am no worse off for it. (in fact, maybe i'm a bit BETTER OFF, for it...)

Edited by applescruff

All visiting hockey teams stay at the embassy suites. Plus it was ground zero for the juniors hockey tournament last year. Visiting teams enjoy their stay and the hotel. As for Brady's comments, it's his opinion. Are we all going to take his opinions seriously? All he's good for in life is producing illegitimate children and reading defenses. I'm not bent out of shape over his comments. In the grand scheme of my life, he doesn't matter

The Hyatt Regency is pretty nice also...

No, it really isn't. Our hotels are far from great. The Mansion is wonderful, but small and unknown; the Embassy Suites is nice but has bad food; the rest of the downtown hotels are average at best. I've never been to the Millenium, but I know that the Marriott out in Amherst is a POS. The guy is right; our hotels aren't that great. We can live with that.

Then what is the Embassy Suites in downtown? A Motel 6? Maybe the story really is Brady waited too long to get his dad one of the nice hotels and he had to stay in an Econo-lodge.

PTR

As was mentioned previously, The Mansion on Deleware Ave is a highly rated boutique hotel.

I am sure a bunch of multimillionaires see the highest of high end hotels. I can easliy imagine buffalo being at the bottom of the list.

Of the road trips they make, they always go to buffalo, new York and Miami every year. I am sure he would have mentioned one of those two instead, but they have some of the nicest hotels in the world.

Embassy Suites Hotel is a mid tier hotel at BEST. The bottom of the barrel free well drinks and "free" breakfasts being the draw for people on business trips. They are in virtually every city in the US. While better than a Motel 6 (the towels are better). They cannot even be argued to be a nice hotel. But they do have nice ferns if your impressed by stuff like that. Oh you get a couch too!

So obviously his dad and him have never heard of the Mansion on Delaware in buffalo, One of the nicest hotels in city and would be considered a nice hotel regardless what city it would be in

see, and there's the rub. Brady has been coming to play the Bills in Buffalo for, what 10 or so years??

Then he's an idiot for knowing about the Maansion. So much for doing a little research for your father there tommy boy.

Dude, I hate Brady but its hard to argue with him there.

Hotels in Buffalo suck. Adam's Mark, and the EB Greens hotel and that Marriott, aren't that good. I've stayed at all of them and I travel for a living.

The best one in the Buffalo area was the Indeblu hotel out near UB, but I think that one is shut down now. Even the Mansion on Delaware is a little run down.

I've been to better hotels in Albuquerque NM and MOntgomery, Al then Buffalo.

So Brady is a douchebag more for bringing this up, then anything else. I mean what a dick he had to bring up an actual fact he couldn't have said something that isn't true.

So obviously his dad and him have never heard of the Mansion on Delaware in buffalo, One of the nicest hotels in city and would be considered a nice hotel regardless what city it would be in

see, and there's the rub. Brady has been coming to play the Bills in Buffalo for, what 10 or so years??

Then he's an idiot for knowing about the Maansion. So much for doing a little research for your father there tommy boy.

I just stayed there last month and its a little run down. They need a refresh. Plus the whole Gatriots team could never fit there.

Although the ambiance is nice. The wife was into it. :flirt:

Edited by Why So Serious?