Brady just slammed the Buffalo area

Yard Monkey

Dude, I hate Brady but its hard to argue with him there.

Hotels in Buffalo suck. Adam's Mark, and the EB Greens hotel and that Marriott, aren't that good. I've stayed at all of them and I travel for a living.

The best one in the Buffalo area was the Indeblu hotel out near UB, but I think that one is shut down now. Even the Mansion on Delaware is a little run down.

Indeblu? How about Hotel Indigo. Adams Mark was supposed to be remodled to Crowne Plaza standards!?!?!?

Perhaps Tom Brady is used to hotels that have heated toilet seat and bidet. I don't know of any hotels is WNY that have them.

Yeah Hotel Indigo thats it. That one wasn't too bad.

Yeah think about from a Free Agent perspective by far the worst hotel you stay in during your 8 road games would be Buffalo's.

Someone needs to build a JW Marriott in Buffalo so we can get some Free Agents.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah think about from a Free Agent perspective by far the worst hotel you stay in during your 8 road games would be Buffalo's.

Or conversely they could sign here, and not have to worry about staying at what they consider a sub standard hotel, while in Buffalo. lol

But look at it this way. If you live in Buffalo you never have to stay in one of those crappy hotels. You get to stay in a 5,000 sq ft Mansion that cost you $500k.

The way I look at it is plenty of cities have things that could be made fun of it. Brady's hometown is the gay capital of the US (not that there's anything wrong with that :devil: ). LA is filled with gangs, pollution, and traffic. IN NYC, you pay $3,000/ month to live in a box and have to ride public transportation everywhere. Philly is called Philty. Boston has a reptuation as one of the most racist cities in America. So you can't get upset if someone makes fun of Buffalo. And a lot of the parts that outsiders see are pretty crappy. However if you take someone on Elmwood near the art gallery and Delaware Park, there are mansions that compare to any where in the country (Buffalo had the highest per captia of millionaries in the US at the turn of the century).

Basically, I think it's pretty weak to talk about someone's hometown but you can't get bent out of shape. I love the pride people have Buffalo and I take that everywhere I go. I do think it is funny that Brady is mocking the hometown of his best weapon though.

I think it also depends on the person as well. You can put me anywhere in the world and I'll make a good night of it. Brady and most pro athletes come in town for a night to play a game the next morning. They aren't exploring the city. Also most of the Buffalo hot spots aren't near the hotels.

Which century? and I am being serious.

Which century? and I am being serious.

The 20th Century - and I don't know if that is a correct stat, but it sure would be in the ballpark. You've seen the mansions on Delaware and around Delaware Park, right?

Out by the lake, too?

The 20th Century - and I don't know if that is a correct stat, but it sure would be in the ballpark. You've seen the mansions on Delaware and around Delaware Park, right?

Out by the lake, too?

Well that was over a hundred years ago, wonder where all the millionaires now? Its a shame that the state has gone down so much over the years.

Well that was over a hundred years ago, wonder where all the millionaires now? Its a shame that the state has gone down so much over the years.

Buffalo was a pretty big deal around 1900. The first US city with electric street lights. But McKinley getting killed at the Pan Am Expo was kind of the "jump the shark" moment for the area. It's been a combo of bad politics, bad leadership, and bad luck that brings us where we are now.

By the way no Buffalo hotels are on this list.

PTR

Buffalo was a pretty big deal around 1900. The first US city with electric street lights. But McKinley getting killed at the Pan Am Expo was kind of the "jump the shark" moment for the area. It's been a combo of bad politics, bad leadership, and bad luck that brings us where we are now.

By the way no Buffalo hotels are on this list.

PTR

Really? that's sad if the Mckinley shooting led to all this. Doesn't seem plausible with Dallas' success.

Really? that's sad if the Mckinley shooting led to all this. Doesn't seem plausible with Dallas' success.

True. It's just a good scapegoat.......Buffalo had the 8th highest population at the turn of the century and therefore at the time of McKinley's assassination. It really was an industrial powerhouse at the time.

All I meant is the city started arcing downward from that pinnacle. The Pan Am Expo was supposed to enhance the region. That little bit of bad pub kind of cast a pall. Not saying that led to anything. Just sort of a marker.

PTR

Thats kinda harsh.

The Restaurants don't suck.

I always thought it was

Toronto

Cleveland

Buffalo

Pittsburgh

Have you ever been to Pittsburgh? It sucks and the people are dickheads. Then you have the CMU people that think their geniuses but they all wish they got into MIT.

Been to Pittsburgh many times. The people are dickheads - get no arguement from me. But Pittsburgh is the most painful of comparisons. Buffalo could be Pittsburgh. Buffalo could have been the comeback city after the steel industry died. Buffalo has infinately more natural resoucrs but sadly infinately more political corruption and incompetence.

Thats kinda harsh.

The Restaurants don't suck.

I always thought it was

Toronto

Cleveland

Buffalo

Pittsburgh

Have you ever been to Pittsburgh? It sucks and the people are dickheads. Then you have the CMU people that think their geniuses but they all wish they got into MIT.

Please list the decent restaurants... It has been three years since I have been there and I can't imagine it has gotten any better. I like Italian as much as anybody but what else is there? Please don't say Salvatore's. I went there for my prom in 1988.

I hate Tom Brady, but he's right. I've stayed in a number of Buffalo hotels, and there's really nothing special there. Everything is run down, ugly, and old. The Adam's mark, which is supposedly nice, is barely a 3 star hotel. I'd say 2 1/2. The nicest hotel in the area that

I've stayed in is the Roycroft Inn, and while that is cool and historic, it isn't anything close to luxury. I actually can't think of a true "luxury" hotel in Buffalo.

I hate to agree with the bastard, but Buffalo hotels in general suck.

He's right. People wonder why free agents won't come to the Bills until they understand that visiting teams at least historically have staying in the Hyatt on Main St.-- the first thing they see coming from the airport is the kensington expressway (a Pit), then they get off and make their way up boarded up Main St. with some dingy old streetcar rattling up the road, get out of the bus and go in the hotel and look out their window and see basically a wasteland of urban decay. This is all visiting teams players see. The bus and the Main St. area around the Hyatt. Not a good impression. Definitely not the nicest place in the world. The truth is the truth.

This is a fantastic point.

Talk about overvaluing the deep thinking of pro athletes. Prince Fielder just signed with Detroit. Pro athletes care about money and to a lesser extent, winning. Money magically makes any place nicer.

This is a deeply flawed comparison. Baseball involves guaranteed money for player contracts without a salary cap; there is tremendous incentive to go to a team that offers the most money, and Detroit has a strong team that will push for a championship this year. Buffalo has the worst recent track record of teams in the league, and is easily the worst city in the NFL, to be honest. While the city of Detroit is a desolate place, there are some excellent suburbs there that pro athletes are happy to live in (Grosse Pointe and Bloomfield Hills for example) while Buffalo doesn't.

True. It's just a good scapegoat.......Buffalo had the 8th highest population at the turn of the century and therefore at the time of McKinley's assassination. It really was an industrial powerhouse at the time.

And hence a big cause of the decline. Adapt or die. Buffalo and Kodak chose the latter (though there is still hope for Buffalo). Xerox is adapting.

Been to Pittsburgh many times. The people are dickheads - get no arguement from me. But Pittsburgh is the most painful of comparisons. Buffalo could be Pittsburgh. Buffalo could have been the comeback city after the steel industry died. Buffalo has infinately more natural resoucrs but sadly infinately more political corruption and incompetence.

Please list the decent restaurants... It has been three years since I have been there and I can't imagine it has gotten any better. I like Italian as much as anybody but what else is there? Please don't say Salvatore's. I went there for my prom in 1988.

31 Club

Shango

Left Bank

Tempo

Bachus

Gabriel's Gate

Encore

Dude you're really missing out

I live in DC andI travel for a living, going from steak house to steak house.

I had one of the best Delmonico steaks at 31 club in my life.

Better than all the national steak house chains. Morton's Shula's Ruth Chris'

Seriously.

That doesn't even get into all the local well known favorites Jim's, LaNova, Bob& John's, Fat Bob's etc etc

I was there on Business and brought some colleagues and customers to EB Greens and the DC people still talk about to this day (Although I think it is overrated)

You definitely need to take back the restaurants piece.