Please let the Dolphins sign him...

Dolphins are foolish if they DON'T sign Captain Checkdown. Will guarantee them Andrew Luck. What's the point of winning (this doesn't always apply, but I do think it applies for this season when a stud like Luck is coming out of college) when the season is all but gone for you. Garrard may win a game or two for you, believe it or not. Trent will undoubtedly give you the best chance to lose.

Unless they truly are trying to 'suck for Luck' (which I doubt - only Polian is that crafty), the smartest moves the Dolphins could make are to

1) Fire Tony Sparano today

2) Grab QB Graham Harrell off the Packers' practice squad, and

3) As the new Dolphins head coach and offensive coordinater, hire...

Mike Leach

As a Bills fan, however, I'd much prefer they sign Fanning Fan...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

18 and 1 baby!!!!! B-)

Do you not remember the love that fans had here for Trent? How he was going to be an amazing QB because of his Poise?

or are you just a revisionist who wants to believe that everyone but the Bills front office knew that Trent would not be a good QB?

Fans were heckling him from the opening of training camp. The new HC had to very publically appeal to them to stop razzing TE.

Maybe you redacted that from history?

Dolphins are foolish if they DON'T sign Captain Checkdown. Will guarantee them Andrew Luck. What's the point of winning (this doesn't always apply, but I do think it applies for this season when a stud like Luck is coming out of college) when the season is all but gone for you. Garrard may win a game or two for you, believe it or not. Trent will undoubtedly give you the best chance to lose.

If they REALLY want to lose they should go after Losman.

And a starting job in the hearts of most Bills fans too. its amazing how quickly the fan base turned on him.

Actually the fan base turned on him long before that.

I was one of the Edwards supporters, but in the end it just didn't work out.

What I find to be more disturbing is the continuous ragging on this guy from some of the fans here.

He's no longer with the Bills. Move on already.

Actually the fan base turned on him long before that.

I was one of the Edwards supporters, but in the end it just didn't work out.

What I find to be more disturbing is the continuous ragging on this guy from some of the fans here.

He's no longer with the Bills. Move on already.

All true, only now Trent's total suckitude could actually help the Bills!

As a Bills fan, and as much as I'd like to see Miami to have to endure the friendly-fire-esque WRATH of Trentative, I hope they get someone like Gerrard. They need someone who will perform just well enough so that they are taken out of the Luck sweepstakes and will stay wallowing in the shallows for years to come.

Garrard is actually, He wants 1 million and the Dolphins want to pay the league Min... backup plans includes :Jake Delhomme, Brodie Croyle and Trent Edwards :lol:

JP Losman and Rob johnson are available too

Wow, they won't pay Garrard 1 million a year. And we think Ralph is cheap! They are definetly trying to tank the season for Luck. They have to know that Edwards will get killed in the AFC East, Delhomme is too old, Croyle might work out. Glad to see them imploding.

Garrard is actually, He wants 1 million and the Dolphins want to pay the league Min... backup plans includes :Jake Delhomme, Brodie Croyle and Trent Edwards :lol:

JP Losman and Rob johnson are available too

No love for Craig Nall...or Brian Brohm?

As a Bills fan, and as much as I'd like to see Miami to have to endure the friendly-fire-esque WRATH of Trentative, I hope they get someone like Gerrard. They need someone who will perform just well enough so that they are taken out of the Luck sweepstakes and will stay wallowing in the shallows for years to come.

Amen brother!

Edited by Mr. Wonderful

I wonder why Garrard hasn't found a home yet? Clearly, he must be a better option than Brodie Croyle or Trent Edwards! Unless, of course, the dolphin's intention is to continue to suck. Hmmmm.....

I think he's content to sit back and wait for the perfect opportunity.

What I think he doesn't realize is that he might end up being out of sight, out of mind.

From my Buffalo Bills daily calendar today:

October 5th: While a sophomore at San Lorenzo valley High School in California in the Early 2000s, Bills guard Andy Levitre's team lost to a Los Gatos high school team quarterbacked by Trent Edwards.

I think Edwards is still at a point in his career where he can find success with the right team.

Unfortunately for him, I think he's at a point in his career where the right team can invariably be described as "One which doesn't need to sign Trent Edwards."

Chad Henne isn't all that bad. I think he'd make a great Bills backup if the need ever arose. If the fins stay the course, I think they'll win more games. If they pick up a BUM like Trent, then they're an absolute LOCK for the Luck-Lotto. That'd be like us switching Fitz for Jamarcus Russell.

I wonder why Garrard hasn't found a home yet? Clearly, he must be a better option than Brodie Croyle or Trent Edwards! Unless, of course, the dolphin's intention is to continue to suck. Hmmmm.....

I was listening to Ross Tucker on the NFL channel on satellite radio this morning. I just turned it on in time to hear them talking about this. They said that Garrard declined a try out. They mentioned someone else also declined a tryout, but I don't remember who. They were bashing on Miami for not having a viable backp. I didn't even know that Henne was hurt and didn't hear the extent of his injury.

I hope he ends up with the fins. I am sure he would get a nice booing while playing at The Ralph.

It might not be booing but actually a rousing applause that he is on the other team.

He will finally throw a td pass to a Bill.....to Drayton Florence

Yeah, I would have thought both of these guys would be picking up my trash by now...

I was listening to Ross Tucker on the NFL channel on satellite radio this morning. I just turned it on in time to hear them talking about this. They said that Garrard declined a try out. They mentioned someone else also declined a tryout, but I don't remember who. They were bashing on Miami for not having a viable backp. I didn't even know that Henne was hurt and didn't hear the extent of his injury.

wow...out of work qb's declining a tryout? Miami must be in trouble. I would say we SHOULD pick up two games in the division when we play them. That being said, there are many a slip tween the cup and the lip.

I think Edwards is still at a point in his career where he can find success with the right team.

Unfortunately for him, I think he's at a point in his career where the right team can invariably be described as "One which doesn't need to sign Trent Edwards."

Maybe he could be a really good holder for field goals/PATs.