Who is Patrick Moran? Supposedly major news.

bbb

gotta love the reporter circle jerk. If you can't give anything more than 'a source', then stop writing. Even if the source is Shawne Merriman himself, stop writing.

Sources should be identified as closely as possible. If it was Merriman himself and you can't identify him then you say, "A player on the Bills who is familiar with the situation" and at that point, you need to have at least a second 'anonymous' source or otherwise, you're a Twobilldrive.com poster.

We need to demand more from our local 'reporters'.

Edited by jeremy2020

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got off the phone with my source...

he told me Moran's "source" at the border is none other than....infamous Skooby from Florida

...& that Merriman drives a BMW

I got off the phone with my source. He told me that chocolate covered donuts are tasty and purple drank is the shiznit. He says he could literally spend like 32 million dollars on those.

Did I read correctly that the NFL is testing for HGH on game-days? It would make sense for the league to do it then.

HGH isnt something that they can just test for it's presence since it occurs naturally, and at different levels for different people.

The only way to test for it, is to take one original baseline blood test, then you can re-test later and see if levels have gone up. And multiple blood samples need to be taken on different days.

BUT if the player was on it for their baseline test, and stays on it, then it just looks normal.

also, in his article he says friends of his in the mainstream media knew he had the info. so why didn't they report it in the mainstream media?

Maybe they thought they were doing Moran a favor and letting him break it. Maybe this is his big chance to get a national gig?

HGH isnt something that they can just test for it's presence since it occurs naturally, and at different levels for different people.

The only way to test for it, is to take one original baseline blood test, then you can re-test later and see if levels have gone up. And multiple blood samples need to be taken on different days.

BUT if the player was on it for their baseline test, and stays on it, then it just looks normal.

I'm pretty sure Merriman is most likely vigorously tested as is though, no?

How is a Bills player being caught at the border with steroids a non-story? He's looking at a suspension. Any steroid is a controlled substance in NY, even if it isn't in Canada. I don't know the CBA in relation to banned substances inside out, but I would be shocked if they are allowed to possess banned substances even if they don't use them. What's he gonna say - I was gonna sell them, not take them? Maybe that's why poor Maybin showed up so far under weight - he was waiting for Merriman to make a special delivery.

If he was not arrested and he was not charged it may as well never happened. If you try to convict or punish him you'd better have some damn evidence other than some hack reporter's "source".

I have a source that says Pat Moran was caught !@#$ing a goat at a rest stop near Niagara Falls.......see how easy that is.

I'm pretty sure Merriman is most likely vigorously tested as is though, no?

No, the NFL does not test for HGH.

That may have changed with the new CBA, but even up until this July, the NFL was not testing for HGH.

edit: This did change with the new CBA, and as of August 2011 the NFL will just now begin testing for HGH.

Edited by DrDareustein

How is a Bills player being caught at the border with steroids a non-story? He's looking at a suspension. Any steroid is a controlled substance in NY, even if it isn't in Canada. I don't know the CBA in relation to banned substances inside out, but I would be shocked if they are allowed to possess banned substances even if they don't use them. What's he gonna say - I was gonna sell them, not take them? Maybe that's why poor Maybin showed up so far under weight - he was waiting for Merriman to make a special delivery.

What are they going to suspend him for? Being accused of something by a blogger? 30 days has gone by and nothing has been made of it to date I find it hard to believe that anything will.

I hope the NFL doesn't penalize on "Well, we heard he got caught at the border with steroids..."

Wouldn't that be great? Start a tweet, start message board chatter about tweet, use chatter to confirm tweet, write a story using "sources" (being your tweet and chatter). League picks up on it, ESPN reports league investigation into story, league uses ESPN story to confirm original story. Player gets banned.

So I hear that Tom Brady is a heroin addict...and bets heavily on rooster fights...and has the bodies of at least six hookers buried in his backyard...

The only thing that matters is if the story itself is true. Merriman having steroids in his possession shortly after the lockout was settled is not a good sign....especially when combined with the fact that he was looking like his old self during the first preseason game.

No, the NFL does not test for HGH.

That may have changed with the new CBA, but even up until this July, the NFL was not testing for HGH.

edit: This did change with the new CBA, and as of August 2011 the NFL will just now begin testing for HGH.

they're going to be starting, here's a link: http://news.yahoo.com/nfl-hopes-hgh-testing-ready-start-season-232448341.html