Who is Patrick Moran? Supposedly major news.

bbb

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what labs you're working with but the freaking Amish could return a test in two weeks. Modern labs would only require a matter of days if not hours.

yeah asked my bos who was a former lab guy, i am in the military but he said any lab would be equipped to test if a substance was a PED or not. I dont see Erie Counties Lab especially with the border there not being equipped to test for almost all substances...

Because it's irrelevant.

If it's banned by the NFL, would it matter if it was called "hemoglobin bioclopsin?" No, it wouldn't.

First you post a rumor, then you try and substantiate it by referencing two irrelevant websites that poseted it weeks ago, but call it breaking news. Now you are slowing referencing details which imply you know exactly what's going on. If you're so sure of this story, post what you know and stand behind it. Otherwise, drop it.

My guess is that the Bills are responding to the Vick story. The commissioner of the NFL potentially interfering in player transactions particularly when he may have influenced a player to sign with one team at the expense of another is egregious. Whether or not we wanted Vick here (I for one didn't want that dog murderer on our roster), the precedent is terrible.

Edited by Beerball

I appreciate where you're coming from but I'm just looking at it in terms of a "breaking" story. Whether or not substances needed to be tested does not preclude a story from being reported. Merriman getting caught with ANYTHING is big news waiting to happen. Every reporter worth his salt would be all over this in a minute. That's why it wouldn't take 17 days for a story to break.

GO BILLS!!!

You're right, but immigration officials/ border agents are a pretty covert group. For example, the Galea case (Tiger Woods doctor that was using a nurse to smuggle large quantities of drugs across the border) didn't break for about a year after it happened.

For what it's worth, I work at the DA's office and haven't heard anything about this though. Then again, I've been on vacation for a week.

No decent reporter will try to jump a story and get burned badly if it doesn't come to fruition.

Imagine reporting the story only to find out that the samples taken were negative?

Nowadays, reporters do that all the time. Its more important to break the story than to get it right.

I don't know what labs you're working with but the freaking Amish could return a test in two weeks. Modern labs would only require a matter of days if not hours.

100% false.

I would advise that you not speak on topics that you clearly do not have correct information about.

First you post a rumor, then you try and substantiate it by referencing two irrelevant websites that poseted it weeks ago, but call it breaking news. Now you are slowing referencing details which imply you know exactly what's going on. If you're so sure of this story, post what you know and stand behind it. Otherwise, drop it.

My guess is that the Bills are responding to the Vick story. The commissioner of the NFL potentially interfering in player transactions particularly when he may have influenced a player to sign with one team at the expense of another is egregious. Whether or not we wanted Vick here (I for one didn't want that dog murderer on our roster), the precedent is terrible.

I don't believe this to be a Vick thing. They both came out and denied it..did the whole taken out of context thing. I don't think anything will come out of it My link

Edited by Beerball

Yes.

Why are they important? This is a football forum, where we care about the ramifications of a particular player being suspended because of league rules. If this was a pharmaceutical forum, I may be more inclined to oblige.

post it here: http://www.pharmaceutical-industry.info/forums/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=17

put "merriman" in the thread title so we can find it easily.

Edited by Dirtbag

I heard the same thing (although not specifically merriman) from an air tight source. I dont know the substance or i'd share. Rob is just trying to gin up attention.

And I hate to say he's right,

Edited by Beerball

RobGuy - You're an idiot. First you post a rumor, then you try and substantiate it by referencing two irrelevant websites that poseted it weeks ago, but call it breaking news. Now you are slowing referencing details which imply you know exactly what's going on. If you're so sure of this story, post what you know and stand behind it. Otherwise, drop it.

My last post in this thread:

The link I posted fits precisely into the timeline. If you weren't lacking in reading ability, you would have noticed that I posted one link.

Second, I have only posted what is relevant to this story.

Third, please reference where I called it, "breaking news." I will not respond to it, I would just like to see where I said that.

I love how this thread was made like 2 hours ago based on a tweet from a barely reliable source and has now compiled seven pages of pure speculation that some how has evolved into some of of believing that Shawne Merriman is on roids again. You can't make this stuff up.

No decent reporter will try to jump a story and get burned badly if it doesn't come to fruition.

Imagine reporting the story only to find out that the samples taken were negative?

Reporters would be willing to report that Merriman was caught with something and it's being investigated IF there were a credible source. Without a credible source they wouldn't touch it for that fear of being burned you mentioned. And I'm only speaking of responsible reporters. I'm wondering why more hacks haven't picked this up. My hunch is it's because nothing can be substantiated.

GO BILLS!!!

100% false.

I would advise that you not speak on topics that you clearly do not have correct information about.

Really, cause I've worked with lab directors and reference labs for the last 17 years. You don't have a clue wtf you're talking about. There are rapid test kits that will give you hits on most street chemicals in a few hours.

You're not running cultures and even those only take a week max.

Edited by Mike in Syracuse

You're right, but immigration officials/ border agents are a pretty covert group. For example, the Galea case (Tiger Woods doctor that was using a nurse to smuggle large quantities of drugs across the border) didn't break for about a year after it happened.

For what it's worth, I work at the DA's office and haven't heard anything about this though. Then again, I've been on vacation for a week.

I agree completely. Which is why it's amazing that a couple insignificant bloggers can post this nearly three weeks ago and not ONE credible organization deems it worthy to follow up on.

GO BILLS!!!

I heard the same thing (although not specifically merriman) from an air tight source. I dont know the substance or i'd share. Rob is just trying to gin up attention.

And I hate to say he's right,

Could you please clarify your statement? You heard the same thing, but NOT specifically Merriman? That wouldn't be the same thing then. And if Rob is right and speaking the truth, then how is he just trying to 'gin up attention' as opposed to reporting to us facts he knows to be true?

And on a hopefully completely unrelated note, Merriman isn't practicing today, according to WGR.

It is being reported that he is there at practice. He isn't participating, but he is there.

My guess is that if this speculation was true and this so-called "major news" had anything to do with all of this speculation, he wouldn't be out there on the field, practicing or not.

This Moran guy has never been right about anything, so expect nothing today. If there is something, I don't thing it will be in regards to SM since he is there at practice.

I know of plenty of bad reporters that would have jumped all over this anyway. So I think we would still hear something. I still don't understand why you won't tell people what you know. I assume you are worried about your career and it is somehow involved in what you know, or you are just a troll.

It is being reported that he is there at practice. He isn't participating, but he is there.

My guess is that if this speculation was true and this so-called "major news" had anything to do with all of this speculation, he wouldn't be out there on the field, practicing or not.

This Moran guy has never been right about anything, so expect nothing today. If there is something, I don't thing it will be in regards to SM since he is there at practice.

Also, he is on the lead page of buffalobills.com. I don't think even the Bills are stupid enough to keep him up there if they knew something was coming down like this. Let's hope so anyways.

Not sure who this guy is, but he said "he's hearing reports" of it. Could be pulling this info from this board or bb.com boards...

http://twitter.com/#!/AnthonyCongi4

Thats what makes reporting in the internet age so much fun. Someone can post something on TBD, which causes uproar on the message boards, which gets picked up by some blogger and spread around twitter, which then gets coverage on pft, which catches Clayton's or Schefter's eye, and then explodes all over the news since its linked to Schefter and around and around it goes. Wait 3 weeks for someone to stumble upon the rumor for the first time and tell all their friends and the whole thing starts again. 15 minutes and a google search normally reveal the origin.

Could you please clarify your statement? You heard the same thing, but NOT specifically Merriman? That wouldn't be the same thing then. And if Rob is right and speaking the truth, then how is he just trying to 'gin up attention' as opposed to reporting to us facts he knows to be true?

And on a hopefully completely unrelated note, Merriman isn't practicing today, according to WGR.

Sure, I checked with someone in the know. They verified that a Bills player had been busted at the border a while back. I did'nt get the impression there was an arrest. Border agents have broad discretion. Again, this is someone who would know this type of thing.

Rob, although being obnoxious about it, is likely correct.