Up to the minute camp updates 8/17

mrags

Carrington seems to be overpowering Bell in team defense drills

easley just had a nice TD catch

Fitz just threw a pick. Didn't see who to

Nelson had a ball stripped from McLovin

more to come

Wang really sucks bad

Merriman was working on his hand movements for quite a bit early even though he's not dressed

Easley wide open again for TD from Brown

Dareus just pushed Wood back like 8 ft. The just is impressive!!!

Nice throw in back of end zone by smith to Hubbard I think

Another td by smith to Nelson

Smith is on tonight with the arm. Seems to be fitting in some tight spots. So far

Fitz threw a short pass to Aiken. Good cut by Aiken to beat Florence to th ball for a catch an broke upfield

Fitz with a great throw into bouble coverage in the middle of the end zone to Stevie. Great throw and catch

[

Thanks for the updates Marg! Posters like you are so wonderful and you really don't know how much this is appreciated by all us fans that don't live near Buffalo.

Just curious, have you attended many practices? Lately I keep hearing that Fitz is really out of sync and it is disheartenig becuase I heard he was on point with his throws during the first week of camp. In your opinion, is he gonna make it this season or is he really just a lame duck starter until something better comes along? I want so badly to beleive in him becuase he has taken the leadership roll to heart and is a great roll model but I have a lot of doubts starting to creep in....

quote name=mrags' timestamp='1313625741' post='2217777]

more to come

Wang really sucks bad

Merriman was working on his hand movements for quite a bit early even though he's not dressed

Run by spiller. Got no where. Dareus collapsed the pocket.

Run by spiller. Whistle called as he got hit but culd have run more

Fitz threw nice pass to the left for 20-25 yrds to Jones. Great leaping catch

Fitz throws into the middle of nowhere. Pocket held a bit. Not sure what happened.

Fitz throw to left to Jones for a nice screen/dump. 10 yards or so

Fitz rollout right. Good blocking. Throws to Chandler nice catch

thigpen sideline pass to righ to Jones after rollout. Nice catch on toes by jones

run up the middle by White. 5 yard gain

Run to the right by White. 3-5 yard gain. Good fighting for yards in traffic

White to the left. No gain.

I think a fumble right after the snap. Hard to see what happened there. Blown dead fast.

Dump/screen to White to the left. Right side of the line fell apart. Good run after catch and juke by white.

OLB blitz by 48. Thigpen overthrew Jones I think.

Biggggg pressure by Dareus and Carrington. Fitz rolled to th right and threw it away.

Spiller up the middle/left side. 3-5 yards in traffic.

Fitz throws to Jones on the right sideline. Nice comeback and juke by jones. Good pass prot.

Screen to Stevie. Broke it up for a few yards.

Pitch to Spiller to the left. Nice gain of 5+

end of 11 on 11 for now. More to come.

more to come

Wang really sucks bad

The pick was by a williams and was very sinilar to the one he had Saturday. I was suprised but the d looked like it domanted 7 on 7 however levi was qb for a lot of it.

Fitz seems to be on the money tonight. Has hit quite a few into the garbage can in th back of th end zone from the center of the 10

The pick was by a williams and was very sinilar to the one he had Saturday. I was suprised but the d looked like it domanted 7 on 7 however levi was qb for a lot of it.

Thanks. I didn't see that. It's hard to watch everything and update everything that's going on. Much thanks.

People on twitter are saying Dareus is having a great practice. Just killing dudes out there.

Levitre is taking reps at center with the 2nd team. Not sure what this means for Hangman?

Looks like they're force feeding Jones. I like it.

If Levitre does ok at Center, Hang could get some reps at guard. I think the coaches are just experimenting.

More 11 on 11

ftiz throws screen to right to Nelson. Nice run upfield.

Fitz underthrows Stevie at the left sideline. Stevie almost makes a great catch falling down trying to come back.

Screen to CJ. Takes it upfield for 20 yards before the whistle. Might have been a TD

Screen to CJ. Didn't see if it was a bad throw or miss on CJ but incomplete. Jackson in motion as WR on that play.

Almost pick by Florence. He jumped the ball hard in the moddle of the field.

Thigpen handoff to white. Up the middle for 5 when they called the whistle bje would have been gone. Only a S and DB to beat.

Screen to the right side, underthrown by Thigpen. Incomplete.

Big pressure by Corner and 59 Coleman for a would be sack.

Fake handoff to white and Smith sneak on the left side of the line. Would have been gone.

White to the right from Thigpen. Nice 8-10 yard gain.

Nice screen to Rosevelt. Not a big gain but a nice cut and comeback by Nameen for a nice catch.

Big pressure by Williams on Fitz. E got rid of it long to Stevie down the left sideline. A bit overthrown. McGee all over Stevie. Nice coverage.

Missed a wide open WR at mid field. Carrington nice push on Bell.

Pick by Florence. Trapped maybe. Stevie looks like he gave that one up. Not a horrible throw by Fitz but could have been better.

Missed Jones downfield for 30 yards. Overthrown. Again, Carrington all over Bell. Pushed him back tobFotz.

Run by Spiller to the right for a 10-15 yard gain in traffic.

Smith at QB. Offsides by Williams.

Still Smith. Run up the middle for a few yards.

Thigpen in now. Fingertip possibility by Easley. Crossing over the middle about 20+ yards downfield.

Smith at QB. Fake run then pass to 84 is that Chandler? for a big gain.

Thigpen threw to Rosevelt who turned and looked at the ball like it wasn't supposed to be there.

Thigpen rolls right and a big throw dowfield to Jones. 45 yards or so.

Thigpen rolls right from pressure the. Throws cross body screen to White who took it uofield for 15-20.

Thigpen throws to Rosevelt on the left sideline. I love Nameens body control to ge into the right spot and protect the catch.

Big pressure on Fitz. Overthrown to Mcintyre I think.

Run up the middle by Freddie. A nice gain in traffic. Overpe etration by the dline in the run.

Pitch to the left. Williams right there to stop anything going forward.

Possible would be sack. Tipped ball and Spiller came down with it.

Smith at QB. Fake handoff to left for Freddie. Ran upfield untouched for miles.

Run to the right by Freddie.

11 on 11s are over.

Guess not. They just moved back more. 2 min drill maybe.

Handoff from smith to white.

Then smith run to right.

Then smith dump to White.

39 secs left. TO.

Smith to white after Jasper had lots of pressure.

Almost picked over the middle didn't see who.

15 secs left. Bit these TOs help in no huddle for typing.

Smith held on too long for a would be sack. He might have been able to get free to the right.

7 secs left now. On the 30.

Smith down the right sideline to Rosevelt. He dove for it but couldn't get it.

Smith end zone I couldn't see who caught it. Was covered in white and blue.

Practice is over I think.

If Levitre does ok at Center, Hang could get some reps at guard. I think the coaches are just experimenting.

A few of the pubs that came out when Levitre was drafted said his best position might have been the only one he didn't play (center). Perhaps they're working him there with the thought that if Rinehart shakes out as a good guard he could LG, Levitre C and Wood RG...just a thought.

A few of the pubs that came out when Levitre was drafted said his best position might have been the only one he didn't play (center). Perhaps they're working him there with the thought that if Rinehart shakes out as a good guard he could LG, Levitre C and Wood RG...just a thought.

One can dream...I think they're just trying to see how versatile their depth is, since they have so little of it.

One can dream...I think they're just trying to see how versatile their depth is, since they have so little of it.

As much as I was hoping for the statement you're responding to - I believe it is more likely that you're correct.

Ok. So I'm the bus back to the car. Ended up gettin CJ, Stevie and Fitz autographs on the same ball. Our new big 3!!!

Fitz stayed very late and was throwing with Brown until about 9:45.

Barnett I don't remember seeing much in practice. He was there but after practice he wasn't wearing pads. Don't recall seeing him out there on the field though.

Dareus was on pad duty tonight but he did sign for the kid tent for a while.

Overall I thought it was a good camp. Fitz was off on his throws very rarely it seemed. His throws look really tight. He was getting them in some tight spaces too.

I couldn't believe how much I saw of Brad Smith. Rhett ran the 2 min drill with him. If his throws look good they might have a really tough 2 min drill if needed. But I don't expect Chan to pull Fitz out like Shanny did with McNabb but who knows.

Not enough Freddy but a very good helping of CJ all night. I was very happy to see this.

Couldn't get a feel on who the 2nd wr will be out there. They seemed to be getting alot of balls to Jones late and in 11 on 11s but early it was all Easley. They could possibly just put a different wr situationally for what the play would call for in the future. Who knows.

The dline looked great. With that said, the starting oline looked very good too. I really feel each unit will get better as time goes on. And this should really help the oline since they have to practice against them everyday.

Didn't see much bad stiff from Ubrik or Pears so I think they did well enough.

Well my jus is back. Going home for the night. Hope you all enjoyed te recap. Anyone else that was there if you wanna fill in anything I missed it would be great. Trying to watch and type all tuis on my iPhone was a PITA.

I gotta say after being there I got nervous about the offense. That being said they did scramble a lot of the pl-ers around and I thought snith ran a pretty good 2 minute drill. Fitz I hope stayed after bc he wasn't pleased with his performance his accuracy was fairly shaky.

D looked pretty good esp a willians and d flo seemed to be everywhere. This was my first time seeing dareus and I was very impressed.

Awesome job tho mrags as someone who only comes on and posts from my droid I know what a pain it can be.

Thanks all for the props. I just wish I had a laptop out there. I can probably type over 100 words per minute and wouldn't have had to take my eyes off the field at all. I'm accepting contributions for next seasons laptop fund. Lol. Really though, it was a pretty good night. Dareus has me so darn excited for this defense this year. As I said earlier I don't think Barnett was out there but couldn't tell. If he was I didn't notice him at all. But without Barnett and Merriman it would have been so much better. I noticed some quotes from Williams about him and Dareus working well together and spending a lot of time together. It's true. They were together on just about every drill tonight. They will help each other out tons going forward I think. And Carrington looked great as I said earlier. I can really picture a Dareus, Williams, and Carrington front 3 in our 3/4. All three of them have a tremendous pass rush.

Well, I hope you all enjoyed my takes and can't wait till the game on Saturday. Unfortunately I won't be able to watch it live, I'll be working until Tuesday. But I'll be watching the DVR the day I get back. Later all.