Draft scenario discussions

Thoner7

Most people have made it known who they want the bills to draft, but what about your worst-case scenarios that may actually pan out? Who are the picks that you would hate to see happen? Mine are as follows:

1- Von Miller, worst player being talked about as a top 10 pick. He cant stop the run or rush the passer and is a total worthless bust like maybin that teh FO refuses to cut because they cannot admit how terrible they are.

2- Nate Solder, the T out there being talked about as good but he obviously is not. He never starts and is horrible and outplayed by some undrafted guy and released in 2 years like Hardy

2- the Bills trade up for Jake Locker. He is a horrible and sucks and we all know it. If you evaulated his play he is an undraftable prospect, but since his name is Jake Locker, people think he is the staeal of the draft in the middle of the 2nd round. The Bills trade their 3rd and both 4ths to move up. He backs up Fitz in 2011, then fitz walks as a FA after the season is up and Locker is handed the starting job like Losman was. (the Bills also pass on drafting Andrew Luck in 2012 becase they believe Locker is their man!) Locker cannot hold Losmans jockstrap and is so bad he is benched during his 4th start and then released in the offseason. He posts a completion % of 34% with 10 TOs and 1 TD in his 3 1/2 games as starter

5- the running back from Cuse, Delone Carter, who is actually good and beats out Spiller for the starting spot for Jackson after this season because he is 35. Jackson is then the backup RB and Spiller is 3rd string and backup punt returner. This is a bad pick because it means Spiller was a waste lol.

6 - some CB who is actually pretty good but we have too many CBs because we always draft too many and this guy is put on the PS only to be signed by the Pats and starts for them in the nickle, intercepting Jake Locker 2 times lol

7- starting ILB from some school no one has heard of.

Sounds like a Buffalo draft to me.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have to say the most talented player that I would die if the Bills select is AJ Green. The guy is a monster, and quite possibly the BPA at our pick, depending on how a team determines what the BPA is. I would so upset because our WRs had a good year last year, and with Parrish and Easly coming back from injury, it is a loaded position for us. I think guys like Naaman and D. Jones are a little nervous about their position next season, even though both had good years for us.

5- the running back from Cuse, Delone Carter, who is actually good and beats out Spiller for the starting spot for Jackson after this season because he is 35. Jackson is then the backup RB and Spiller is 3rd string and backup punt returner. This is a bad pick because it means Spiller was a waste lol.

Who'll be 35? Freddie wont be 35 next yr

6 - some CB who is actually pretty good but we have too many CBs because we always draft too many and this guy is put on the PS only to be signed by the Pats and starts for them in the nickle, intercepting Jake Locker 2 times lol

We don't have too many CBs. Florence is FA now, think Youboty is now as well, and Corner will be next yr.

If he's decent, he can have Youboty's spot now. I say draft a CB in 4th rnd, and another later.

Mario Harvey from Marshall? fine if late rnd

Cam Newton or Von Miller. Not high on either, combined with any other QB in the draft being taken before 4th round.

Any thing not DE, DT, or LB in the first two rounds, and include TE and OT for the next 3 picks. If we waste it on a WR or QB...eff.

Da'Quan Bowers- just a hunch. Highley regarded in college, had 1 good year.

Jake Locker- I think he sucks.

Nate Solder- only saw him at the senior bowl, he looked like a scrub.

Recently added is Tyron Smith. I think he's good, but I'd wouldn't be happy if we drafted him #3

Most people have made it known who they want the bills to draft, but what about your worst-case scenarios that may actually pan out? Who are the picks that you would hate to see happen? Mine are as follows:

1- Von Miller, worst player being talked about as a top 10 pick. He cant stop the run or rush the passer and is a total worthless bust like maybin that teh FO refuses to cut because they cannot admit how terrible they are.

2- Nate Solder, the T out there being talked about as good but he obviously is not. He never starts and is horrible and outplayed by some undrafted guy and released in 2 years like Hardy

2- the Bills trade up for Jake Locker. He is a horrible and sucks and we all know it. If you evaulated his play he is an undraftable prospect, but since his name is Jake Locker, people think he is the staeal of the draft in the middle of the 2nd round. The Bills trade their 3rd and both 4ths to move up. He backs up Fitz in 2011, then fitz walks as a FA after the season is up and Locker is handed the starting job like Losman was. (the Bills also pass on drafting Andrew Luck in 2012 becase they believe Locker is their man!) Locker cannot hold Losmans jockstrap and is so bad he is benched during his 4th start and then released in the offseason. He posts a completion % of 34% with 10 TOs and 1 TD in his 3 1/2 games as starter

That would be horrible indeed, but I could live with Miller in the first but definitely not in my top 3 hopes. Would love Solder in the Second, he is a little weak and green right now but in a couple of years in the weight room he would be an all pro LT. Would love the Delone Carter scenario to happen because it would show the FO you don't draft a scat back with your first pick. Carter runs hard and is a poor mans Ingram who the Bills will take at 3 :nana: .

Anyway my nightmare would be Newton and Jimmy Smith CB.

Newton or Bowers in 1st

Carimi in the 2nd

Moch in the 3rd

Brown DB from Texs in 4th

Mathews with 2nd 4th

Virgil Green 5th

Shiloh Keo 6th

and after that I don't care if we get anybody. Or we could package the remaning picks with the earlier ones to move up a few spots here and there to male sure we get these guys.

This is my dream draft. Would love this.

The Buffalo Bills have traded the #3 overall pick to the New England Patriots*...

No, the Pats* will never trade up that high. More likely would be the Bills trading away draft picks to get back into the first round - the Bills will pick a bust (seriously - what's when was the last time we were successful with a guy we traded up to get as an additional 1st round pick?) and the Pats* will turn our picks into gold.........

No, the Pats* will never trade up that high. More likely would be the Bills trading away draft picks to get back into the first round - the Bills will pick a bust (seriously - what's when was the last time we were successful with a guy we traded up to get as an additional 1st round pick?) and the Pats* will turn our picks into gold.........

Relax..trading back into the 1st round was Donahoe "Splash" move!! Nix and team value picks and have confidence they can find the right player in round 2.

Are you being serious with this? It honestly just sounds like you're full of it and have no idea what you're talking about.

We have too many CBs? He have McKelvin. That's pretty much it at this point. McGee can't stay healthy and Florence is a free agent. Who else do we have?

Who cares what school he is from? If he comes in and works hard and produces on the field it won't matter.

I'm hoping that the quotes listed above were intended as jokes because you don't sound like you know what you're talking about.

Are you being serious with this? It honestly just sounds like you're full of it and have no idea what you're talking about.

We have too many CBs? He have McKelvin. That's pretty much it at this point. McGee can't stay healthy and Florence is a free agent. Who else do we have?

Who cares what school he is from? If he comes in and works hard and produces on the field it won't matter.

I'm hoping that the quotes listed above were intended as jokes because you don't sound like you know what you're talking about.

Yes its mainly in jest - its a dooms day draft scenario, its supposed to be worst case scenario.

Worst case would be drafting Miller and have him turning out to be like Maybin.

It would suck to draft a good CB, have him not make the active roster, the pats swoop in and steal him from us, then he gets INTs vrs us.

I dont care what school guys come from I added that in there because we draft guys from out of no where and if its one of the last picks in the draft they turn out to be good.

Edited by Thoner7

The war room must be going crazy with all the options of selecting players this season....

The senarios have to be countless. Just look at all the mock drafts...It is crazy... Players are so close in talent this year...

The Bills Brass have to consider trading down if another team is hot for a player when we are picking...

These decisions are not easy for everyone will second guess them for years after... Jobs are on line....

They will be damed if they do and damed if they dont....

Bloggers only know what they read from the media and those guys get their information from scouts, coaches who do not tell the truth. Injuries are hidden. Players hussle and desire are not told... Just stats which do not tell us if a player has talent or how much... Good scouting is what counts. Bills have not really shown us that they have it yet. Last years draft was not over whelming to say the least... Nix and Gailey have a second chance to build the Bills the right way... What ever that is... Only a winning record will tell us that... Will we have one this season ? Damn I hope so... So tired of losing and having really bad games to watch... But once a Bills Fan ...

All ways a Bills Fan..... Go Bills

I've spent more time and energy on the 2011 draft then many people have spent on their Doctoral thesis.

Probably has something to do with an 0-8 start in 2010.

I've watched almost all of the first round prospects in game action, many times just to see the prospect play. As well as tons of YouTube clips and many different draftnik site's opinion.

Below is my assessment of the top 12 prospects the Bills have a shot to take at #3. I'm just one man, not pretending to be a scout but I can tell you I spent more time focusing on the Buffalo Bills in particular than many draftnick's that just seem to mail it in when it comes to Buffalo.

The good news is there are tons of options. The bad news is there are tons of options because there are no clear cut top tier prospects.

There are 20 people that would be rated #10-20 in most years but there really aren't that many prospects in 2011 that would be rated in th Top5 most years. No top of line QBs or LTs in this draft; unfortunate since we need 1 of each.

Haynseworthian Talent:

Marcell Dareus:

This guy can be an unstoppable force if he wants to. I've seen many Alabama games and the guy can make plays. At least 1 or 2 times a game you'll say “how does a guy that size make plays like that?”

Then for 80% of the rest of the game he is invisible.

He has the potential to be great but sounds more like McKelvin in interviews. Worrisome plus is a 1 year wonder. Not as worried about the 1 year wonder with him because how is a 18 or 19 year old going to get playing time on Alabama's defense that is chocked full with NFL pros. Possibly Nick Names: Marcellosaurus

Nick Fairely

The shoe-in for the #1 overall in January and February, he has fallen out of favor mostly over concerns with work ethic and he came into the combine under 300 and was expected by over 300.

The guy is a dominant athlete. You just can't find almost 300 lb athletic people like him in the world. He can today, reportedly 360 dunk on a regulation basketball rim.

Has only been semi-serious about football the last 4 years and played TE and DE in High School. Would like to get into the mix at TE on goal line plays if given the chance.

The concern is motivation and work ethic which is a big one and kind of a 1 year wonder as well.

Worrisome.

If the Bills took either Fairely or Dareus at #3 they both have huge ceilings and huge basements.

Da'Quan Bowers

The guy was the #1 High School recruit. Then pretty much disappeared his first two years. His father died after his Sophomore season and to paraphrase told his son to work hard. Well he kicked it into gear his Junior year and had a product season, sacks wise it was nice.

To me this guy seems like the prototypical spoiled athlete. Has have had everything given to me since he was a teenager because of his freakish athletic ability and doesn't appear to have the work ethic to live up to his potential. Has his father's passing motivated him to step up and fulfill his potential, or is going to go back to taking it easy once he gets a payday? No one knows, We only have one year to work with. He is top10 talent mostly on reputation. When I watch clips his D-Lineman mates stand out. In particular Jarvis Jenkins which would be a great 3 round pick in my opinion.

Also would be weird to have back to back Clemson first round picks.

The recent rumors about micro fracture surgery are going to kill his draft stock. Micro Fracturer knee surgery is atleast a year off. If the rumors are true. He may be there at #34.

Little Bitty Speed Rusher:

Von Miller

Why in the world would the Bills want to take an undersized speed rusher with #3 overall pick? No clue. Von Miller will likely be a good player. I think he is more suited to play ILB in the NFL than OLB, especially in a 3-4. This pick would give me some major heartburn. There have been only 2 LBs taken in the Top5 in almost a decade and neither lived up to the draft position. Just a risky risky pick.

I watched him in the biggest game of his career and he had 0 backside pursuit. He would just kind of amble around out there if the play wasn't to his side. I was instantly depressed when the Bills took Maybin over Orakpo. This wouldn't be as bad a pick but taking Von Miller over some of these big guys would be a Buffalo Bills style draft botch job.

He didn't cover TEs college and even with his 27 sacks the last two years the Texas A&M defense was still 105 in the nation. Expect a similar impact on defense ranking if Miller came to Buffalo.

The "QBs"

Cam Newton.

Anyone that says Cam Newton can't throw the ball is an idiot or racist or both. There is no question he has NFL throwing motion and a nice release. Surprisingly didn't test as high at the combine as expected but still did amazing.

The worry is the 21 Wonderlic. The average of all starting Super Bowl QBs Wonderlic is 28 the last 11 years. I don't think that is a coincidence. He does seem to be late in making decisions. I'm not sold.

On the flip side the Bills haven't taken a QB with their first 1st round pick in the Super Bowl era ever and have only taken 2 QBs in the first round in total. The only time the Bills have been relevant in the Super Bowl era is when one of those QBs panned out.

You can say what you want about Chan, he knows QBs. If Chan and Nix pull the trigger on Cam Newton I'll be cautiously optimistic. If the Bills did nothing but take a QB with their first round pick every other year until one panned out it wouldn't be a bad plan. I'm just not sold on Cam Newton.

Yo Gabba-Gabbert.

Come on man, really Blaine Gabbert? What is your real name?

Well I like him in interviews the guy has his head on straight and killed the Wonderlic. Has a good arm.

He needs a lot of coaching though. Didn't seem to be able to read coverages well and just seemed to crumble under pressure. Not really two qualities you like in a Top5 QB. Has tons of question marks. However under Chan's tutelage he might be able to turn into something after sitting a year or two, again not really what you want with a Top5 pick but Nix was involved in drafting Philip Rivers well actually drafting Eli Manning and trading him for Philip Rivers and a boatload of picks. So if Nix and Chan take Gaine Blabbert they must be on to something.

Side note I think the Amish Rifle is the perfect QB to start in front of Newton or Gabba for a year. Fitzpatrick has a bit of sporadic noodle arm but if you put his head on Gabba-Gabbert's body; Championship! If the Bills take a QB they can learn a lifetime of Quarterbacking from Fittzy and Chan. Its like a perfect QB Petri-dish. They just need to get the right strain and they can turn it into a deadly QB.

Another Side note Jake Locker had 0.0% chance of going #1 overall last year and has 0.1% chance of going in the 1st ROUND this year. Leading into the 2010 draft he had 5-7 season, with 55% completion percentage and a 20 Wonderlic. He crumbles under any kind of pressure and is widely inaccurate. Contrary to common belief he actually did better his senior year, 6-6 with a Bowl win. He is a complete Todd McShay creation. Its likely some team takes a chance on his hype in the 3rd, I hope its not the Bills. He wouldn't even thrive in the Bills perfect QB petri dish. Garbage, he should go play MLB or become a TE because he is a gifted athlete.

Not another CB!

Patrick Peterson.

The guy looks and plays like a safety. He has stiff hips where he doesn't look smooth when he turns out of a back pedal and runs with a WR imo. In college his dominant speed can erase some of his stiffness. In the NFL he still has some dominant speed 4.34 is no joke. He may not be as "shut down" as billed but he will probably play for 12-15 years because when he losses his speed he can still play Safety like many of the elite CBs. The Bills actually need a CB. McGee is declining, CBs have a short shelf life and McGee isn't the kind of guy that transition to Safety. Corner is a good Nickel. McDrainBramage needs to focus on CB fundamentals and not fumbling returns. Florence was probably are best CB last year but he is oldish and a FA. YouBooty might be able to be a #2 CB but definitely needs some coaching. Another player that would be a top 10 pick any year.

But seriously another DB in the first!!!

Prince Amukamara

Doubt the Bills go with Prince but as a side note. I think he might end up being the real "shutdown" CB this year.

The Next Calvin Johnson / Larry Fitzgerald or the next Mike Williams / Roy Williams?

AJ Green looks like the real thing to me but what's the point if you have no defense, no offensive line, and a questionable QB. A WR is probably one of the least impact and most dependent positions on the football field. How great is Larry Fitzgerald without a QB? That's also how you talk yourself out of taking a possible future HoFer. AJ Green would be a Top5 pick any year and is one of the few elite players in this draft. If the Bills take Green I take that as a sign of confidence in Troup, Carrington, Batten and Moats.

Julio Jones

Another Top 5 talent any other year. Another player one of the few top tier talent in the 2011 draft.

Its possible Carolina or Denver takes AJ Green. Putting the Bills in a good position to trade down (Trading down in th Top10 and picking up a second 2nd pick plus a 3rd or 4th is the real Why So Serious approved move. Just need a trading partner) AJ Green is an athletic freak of nature. Has a bit of the droppsies in college but look at Moss and Owens numbers and their drops.

I would pay money to see AJ Green and Julio Jones in a MMA fight or a track race, or a decathelon. Those are two beasts. Both of which could probably take Von Miller out no problem one on one. I want my top3 LB to put the fear of god in WRs not make WRs want to give him a wedgie. Again just say no to Von Miller.

Trading Down.

In my mind the Top QB, WR, DB, and D-linemen come in pairs in the 2011 draft with a huge perceived drop off to the #3 ranked talent.

The trade down opportunity is going to come if Carolina takes Cam Newton and Arizona wants Gabbert. If Newton and Gabbert are both on the board the chances to trade up for a QB go down.

This draft will have 1st round defensive talent in most years available in the mid second. Like Stephen Paea DE\NT, Phil Taylor NT, Martez Wilson ILB, Brooks Reed OLB. So it’s not likely a team will trade up for Fairely or Dareus given the sheer tons of impactful defensive players in this draft.

DBs don't go very often in the Top5 and a team trading up and paying a premium for Prince Amukamara if Patrick Peterson goes in the Top2 would be unusual but this draft is pretty weak at CB.

I think AJ Green and Julio Jones are both the real deal and would be top of the draft any year. As I pointed out early I believe the likelihood to trade down with the Browns or Redskins goes up if AJ green is gone and they want Julio Jones.

Any trade down package that includes a Top10 pick, a second, and a 3rd or 4th is a no brainer. Based on the Draft Points chart which many NFL teams use (like the 2point conversion chart) it would take a package like that just to move from #3 overall to #5 overall because of the lack of Top Tier talent you can see a slight discount where that same package may buy the #3 from the #7.

Robert Quinn.

Not a Buddy nix guy. Had 1 good season in 2009 then suspended for 2010. Buddy nix drafted almost all 4 year players and Team Captain's on their collegiate team in 2010. I don't believe there any chance the Bills take this one year wonder. Plus he is supposed to be physically dominating at 260 lbs and didn't have a good bench press at the combine which just doesn't add up. If he played in 2010 he could probably be the consensus #1 overall if he played well.

Although I like the guy in interviews he seems to have his head on straight and seems genuinely humbled by his 2010 suspension.

He also had a brain tumor in High School and was forced to grow up faster or atleast face mortality at an early age. Still it’s kind of tough spending the #3 overall pick on a guy that has played as much organized football as I have the last year. Actually I'll be playing a touch football game on Saturday so I'll actually have plaid more organized Football in the last year than Robert Quinn leading into the draft. He could end up being a Randy Moss or Thurman Thomas type of story if many teams start passing on him and then he ends up dominating the NFL.

Cameron Jordan

I may be over analyzing this but this kid looks like the perfect fit for the Bills. He dominated the Pac10 Jake Locker, Andrew Luck, Foles, and Matt Barkley have all been forcibly introduced to him throughout the years. He is a 4 year player and team captain that makes him A Buddy Nix kind of guy. He can play DE in a 3-4 as he did in college and move inside to DT on Nickel and Dime packages. He can be an unblockable force at times. Putting him on the same line as Kyle Williams mean 3-4 people on opposing Offensive Lines are going to be to pay attention to those two players. This helps keep our linebackers clean so they can make plays.

Plus this kid just has "IT." He can be the face of the franchise for the next ten years. He has great bloodlines his father went to Brown and plain in the NFL at TE for a decade. Not to mention Jordan’s former teammate at Cal, Tyson Alualu’s emergence last year, When at the time Tyson was considered a “reach” by the Jags, but the Jags got the last laugh.

In a year with no organized team activities until the CBA is settled maybe in June, July, or August. There is no question that Cam Jordan will show up on time, in shape, and ready to go. The same can't be said for Fairely or Dareus.

If the Bills trade down Cam Jordan is the target. If they don't I would be happy with a typical Buffalo Bills "reach" and have his name called at #3 overall.

Watch this link and tell me you wouldn't like to hear him discussing how he made the air go out of Tom Brady's lungs in the Bills first victory of the Patroits in forever:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/09000d5d81e8001e/Cameron-Jordan-talks-to-press

JJ Watt

The guy is all motor. Had unexpectedly freakish numbers in the combines. If the Bills trade down and Cam Jordan is off the board. Picking up JJ Watt is a great cancelation prize.

If they trade down out of the Top 10. In the 10-20 range JJ Watt is the target. If they go that low. The price would have to be the same package outlined earlier plus a 2012 1st.

Now trading future picks has been frowned upon by the NFL. Owners and GMs have been told "buyer beware" meaning there is so much uncertainty right now they can't guarantee a 2012 draft or guarantee that any future draft pick trades can be honored.

However with two 2012 1st round picks in tow the odds for Andrew Luck in 2012 go up.

If you think there are a lot of options at #3, there triple the options at #34.

Names to be aware of:

If one of these tackles Fall: (Derek Sherrod:Gabe Carimi:Anthony Castonzo:Tyron Smith:Nate Solder)

PhilTaylor NT Baylor

Brooks Reed OLB Arizona

Martez Wilson ILB Ill

Christian Ponder QB FSU

Andrew Dalton QB TCU

Ryan Mallet QB Arkansas

Edited by Why So Serious?

In a year with no organized team activities until the CBA is settled maybe in June, July, or August. There is no question that Cam Jordan will show up on time, in shape, and ready to go. The same can't be said for Fairley or Dareus.

Outstanding point. I've been a Dareus fan for a while, but lately, I've been leaning towards Cam Jordan, partly due to the above statement. As time has gone on, Jordan at #3 is not as big of a reach as I thought it once was.

I agree on Von Miller. Much like robo-tackler Mason Foster, I think he benefited from being a good player on a really bad defense.

Nice analysis. You've got alot of spare time on your hands! I'd take a chance on Cam Newton but only in the 2nd round. I still think the Bills should grad Dareus or Fairley with their 1st pick...we were sooooo bad stopping the run last year.

While I dont agree on your Von Miller analysis.....I do respect and like the idea of trading down.....

And I also like Cam Jordan and JJ Watt....they both have a look of players with long solid NFL futures ahead of them......I just dont like the idea of drafting a 1st round guys (unless it is a QB) and them not being able to play immediately.....and I think that Carrington is going to play over any DE we draft....

I am obviously a Carrington fan

While I dont agree on your Von Miller analysis.....I do respect and like the idea of trading down.....

And I also like Cam Jordan and JJ Watt....they both have a look of players with long solid NFL futures ahead of them......I just dont like the idea of drafting a 1st round guys (unless it is a QB) and them not being able to play immediately.....and I think that Carrington is going to play over any DE we draft....

I am obviously a Carrington fan

Love Cam Jordan…encouraged about Carrington.

Right now the Bills have Spencer Johnson pencilled in as one of our starting DEs.

I like Spencer. He's an underrated player and I thought he played pretty well last year. But he's best as a depth/rotational player who also can play inside at tackle.

Drafting a DE high is something the Bills need to do. FWIW, in the slew of offseason public comments, the team has intimated that they feel good at DT and OLB which implies that they would concentrate their front 7 efforts on acquiring players at DE and ILB.

However we feel about Carrington, the Bills still need a DE, if only to start opposite of Carrington.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Love Cam Jordan…encouraged about Carrington.

Right now the Bills have Spencer Johnson pencilled in as one of our starting DEs.

I like Spencer. He's an underrated player and I thought he played pretty well last year. But he's best as a depth/rotational player who also can play inside at tackle.

Drafting a DE high is something the Bills need to do. FWIW, in the slew of offseason public comments, the team has intimated that they feel good at DT and OLB which implies that they would concentrate their front 7 efforts on acquiring players at DE and ILB.

However we feel about Carrington, the Bills still need a DE, if only to start opposite of Carrington.

The Bills, while depth is needed at DE, will start Dwan Edwards on one side, and probably Carrington on the other.

Great analysis!

The only thing I can disagree on is that 2 #1 picks helps to get Luck. Unless Luck totally collapses this year, no team with the #1 pick would trade his rights away. The only way to get Luck is to have the #1 pick when the 2011 season ends.

I read your entire post and agree with you 100%, until you got to the list of the 2nd rounders (I still dont like Coztanza or Solder and Im not a fan of adding a QB at 34 either)

I have always agreed with the things you say about guys its obvious you know what you are talking about. I would feel better about this upcoming draft if you were running the draft than the cronies we have in there (not saying much, but still a compliment :thumbsup: ).

I will volunteer for your staff and would also strongly recommend tgreg. My bet is we three could outdraft the Bills staff :bag:

PS: wanna throw up your big board- if you have one?

Edited by Thoner7

Great analysis!

The only thing I can disagree on is that 2 #1 picks helps to get Luck. Unless Luck totally collapses this year, no team with the #1 pick would trade his rights away. The only way to get Luck is to have the #1 pick when the 2011 season ends.

If the Ram or Carolina (if they take a QB #1 this year) would most likey trade out if they have #1 pick. Adding to the list, Denver, Arizona or Cinci (if either take a qb in Rd 1) may also trade out. Not that I'm basing what we do this year in the draft on possibly landing luck next year, but it's definitely possible, especially considering a team may be willing to give up a plethora of picks. Never say never.

I read your entire post and agree with you 100%, until you got to the list of the 2nd rounders (I still don’t like Coztanza or Solder and Im not a fan of adding a QB at 34 either)

I have always agreed with the things you say about guys – its obvious you know what you are talking about. I would feel better about this upcoming draft if you were running the draft than the cronies we have in there (not saying much, but still a compliment :thumbsup: ).

I will volunteer for your staff and would also strongly recommend tgreg. My bet is we three could outdraft the Bills staff :bag:

I agree with you totally! GM, head coach, positional coaches and scouts really don't know what they're doing! You and Why So Serious would do a great job drafting while watching youtube videos!!!

I read your entire post and agree with you 100%, until you got to the list of the 2nd rounders (I still don’t like Coztanza or Solder and Im not a fan of adding a QB at 34 either)

I have always agreed with the things you say about guys – its obvious you know what you are talking about. I would feel better about this upcoming draft if you were running the draft than the cronies we have in there (not saying much, but still a compliment :thumbsup: ).

Thoner has a boner for WSS :nana:

WSS: Appreciate the insight even if I tend to disagree w/ much of what you say. Nonetheless, it's always good discourse with you on here.

My take...

1) Agree on Peterson. Would be better on Eagles or press type of team. I remember Julio catching 4-5 on him real easily. Just a snapshot, I know, but for all the hype...

2) Wouldn't be mad w/ either Dareus or Fairley. Risk reward as you point out.

3) I think you're personal character attack on Bowers is unsubstantiated

4) We know we both disagree on Miller

5)I think we both think Cam or Gabbert could work w/ Chan at the helm

6)AJ Green is bust-proof

7) AM I CRAZY, BUT IS PRINCE A DARK-HORSE CANDIDATE AT 3? I think he'll be the best CB of this class. Scary, I know.

8) Cam/Watt both good trade down targets.

I agree with you totally! GM, head coach, positional coaches and scouts really don't know what they're doing! You and Why So Serious would do a great job drafting while watching youtube videos!!!

Ha. I agree, thats funny.

The Buffalo Bills media relations department has charted 107 mock drafts dating back to April 27, 2010. Below is a list of the players most selected for the Bills …

22 - Cam Newton

21 - Von Miller

20 - Marcell Dareus

15 - Blaine Gabbert

8 - Da'Quan Bowers