What did you do when Stevie dropped the TD?

UB2SF

I'll start: As soon as the ball dropped to the turf, I fell off my couch, rolled across the living room floor, and wound up about 8 feet from where I started -- all the while screaming "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" My two older kids were also flopping around, covering their eyes and wailing. My two-year-old son look scared ****less by all the commotion.

After composing myself, I realized that the dropped TD was a terrible omen, and prophesized to my kids that the game was lost.

Just curious about everyone else's reactions.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great topic! I was at Buffalo Wild Wings, surrounded by Steelers fans, and was feeling the beer (the extra time in the 5th quarter tends to put me over the limit)

We were all hootin and hollerin on every good/bad play. The ball was in the air. Stevie was wide open. The ball lands perfectly in his hands....I jumped up fists in the air, yelling YES! YES ! YES! I thought we had just one the game. Then my Steeler buddy notified me that Stevie dropped it. I spun back around toward the tv so fast that my hat flew off my head. I fell to my knees, in the middle of a crowded restaurant (bar area actually). Luckily, no children were in the area, because much cursing and swearing ensued.

It was wide right all over again for me.

Damned exiting game though.

GO BILLS. KILL THE VIKES!!!!!

Edited by Buffalokie

I yelled No and brought my hands to my face. My friend next to me was celebrating about to give me a hug and I was like "he f'n dropped the f'n thing". I continued to hold my head and rock back and forth as did most people in the stadium.

Actually, I was grumbling that it wasn't a running playcall, so when I saw Stevie turn left to that whole open side of the field, I was in extra disbelief. So when he actually almost caught it, I realized right away that it was a drop.

I burried my head in my hands and had a good cry.

Wait, I was wrong...that's what happened when I saw yet another Steve Johnson thread.

I come here to read/discuss Bills related issues. So why are you here?

EDIT: Oh now I see. You have become a disgruntles employee. :nana:

Edited by Buffalokie

While watching him run the end of the route and the ball in the air I knew surely it was a catch. I rose to my feet with my hands in the air YES...YES...YES...and then *BoInK* drop. "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Dropped to my knees. Then I laughed as I watch Ryan Fitzpatrick's reaction in the reply as it exactly the same as the one i had. Right up to the part where I have to inform my celebrating gf that the ball was actually dropped. I got caught laughing by my friend though and he confronted me and asked me what was funny about dropping a game winning TD pass in OT? I told him nothing was funny and that i take this **** serious. I don't want to get embarassed out there at home in front of everybody who was there! :flirt:

While watching him run the end of the route and the ball in the air I knew surely it was a catch. I rose to my feet with my hands in the air YES...YES...YES...and then *BoInK* drop. "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Dropped to my knees. Then I laughed as I watch Ryan Fitzpatrick's reaction in the reply as it exactly the same as the one i had. Right up to the part where I have to inform my celebrating gf that the ball was actually dropped. I got caught laughing by my friend though and he confronted me and asked me what was funny about dropping a game winning TD pass in OT? I told him nothing was funny and that i take this **** serious. I don't want to get embarassed out there at home in front of everybody who was there! :flirt:

That's fine. That's fine. That's fine.

If you've been a fan long enough (and that's different for everyone), you just kind of HAVE chuckle to yourself. There was a time I would have yelled, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

After my chuckle I thought, "that was a GREAT play design" and it reminded me of how much I've liked how good Gailey is at using plays to set up others during the course of a game. I also felt bad for Johnson and Fitz but was also encouraged to know they will do this successfully many times before they're finished.

I've either mellowed with age or the meds are FINALLY kicking in.

GO BILLS!!!

If you've been a fan long enough (and that's different for everyone), you just kind of HAVE chuckle to yourself. There was a time I would have yelled, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

After my chuckle I thought, "that was a GREAT play design" and it reminded me of how much I've liked how good Gailey is at using plays to set up others during the course of a game. I also felt bad for Johnson and Fitz but was also encouraged to know they will do this successfully many times before they're finished.

GO BILLS!!!

:worthy::worthy:

Ijumped out of my chair and then fell back in while yelling "he dropped the :censored: ing ball" Wifey came intoi the room and gave me one of those "are you serious" sort of looks.

You guys haven't learned, apparently.

I have no reaction to any Bills' play, until at least 15 seconds after the play is over. Most good plays are overturned by penalty or an immediate mistake, mishap, or inexplicable occurrence.

I learned this the hard way after cheering and celebrating when Christie nailed the FG to put us ahead against the Titans in the playoffs. I was in the midst of actually checking what time next week's game against the Colts would be, and glanced over to see the Music City Miracle unfold before my eyes..

I turned around and started jumping once i saw it was a perfect ball and went to high five my buddies, and one said he dropped the ball. I sat down and proceeded to state how we were now going to lose the game. just another bills game giveaway added to the list.

I have no reaction to any Bills' play, until at least 15 seconds after the play is over. Most good plays are overturned by penalty or an immediate mistake, mishap, or inexplicable occurrence.

I learned this the hard way after cheering and celebrating when Christie nailed the FG to put us ahead against the Titans in the playoffs. I was in the midst of actually checking what time next week's game against the Colts would be, and glanced over to see the Music City Miracle unfold before my eyes..

Exactly - as an umpire you learn to wait until about 5 seconds after the play is over as to avoid the "out-safe" call. Similarly, with Bills games you have to wait the 5 seconds to avoid the "oh yeah-oh ****" cheer. :blush:

This one was hard. Being the experienced Bills fan that I am, I knew we really did not have a chance at winning once McKelven tripped ove Moat's legs :wallbash:

But then the God's smiled on us, and somehow Drayton comes up with that fumble..holy chit how did that happen..we got a shot :worthy:

Stevie open, hands in air, beer flying out the top of the bottle as I celebrate and turn around to get towel to wipe off beer. :D

Heart crushing down when wifey poo says"he dropped it, no touchdown"..moment of "she fuggin with me that mean ole women'

Then reality hit :death:

Yep its the Bills..we ain't getting another chance like that..hit the FF button, game was over in 2 minutes after that for me :cry:

Said matter of factly, "he f'ing dropped it".....then "predicted" the inevitable loss. This was sandwiched by Michigan's fiasco at Ohio State (Wolverine fan) and The Saskatchewan Roughriders Grey Cup loss (I live in Saskatchewan). Not a great football weekend in my household, but hey...my daughter learned a whole new vocabulary of four letter words....

im sorry bro. you may not know how funny your post is. but it cracked me up so bad. we are such losers. its freaking funny!!

I burried my head in my hands and had a good cry.

Wait, I was wrong...that's what happened when I saw yet another Steve Johnson thread.

this is actually a great topic. its not like the play happened 2 months ago.... so i have to ask. beerball, "why so serious"

Being a Bills fan means I've come to expect this sh*t.

The play that had me punching walls and throwing laundry was when Roethlisberger ran for a first down on third and 18. That was as pissed off as I've been all year.

Said matter of factly, "he f'ing dropped it".....then "predicted" the inevitable loss. This was sandwiched by Michigan's fiasco at Ohio State (Wolverine fan) and The Saskatchewan Roughriders Grey Cup loss (I live in Saskatchewan). Not a great football weekend in my household, but hey...my daughter learned a whole new vocabulary of four letter words....

So the weekend wasn't a total loss.

I turned around and started jumping once i saw it was a perfect ball and went to high five my buddies, and one said he dropped the ball. I sat down and proceeded to state how we were now going to lose the game. just another bills game giveaway added to the list.

i kind of had the same post reaction. at first i was like, "yes". then a quick "damn" then i realized it was game over. it always happens like that. then i moved on and kind of accepted the drop until wednesday when it finally hit me. i was upset yesterday. but its all good now. im fine. like you say. add it to the list.

I didn't get upset at all, I just laughed and laughed.

They broke me last year at NE by losing the 11 point lead in under five minutes. Now I don't get upset when they lose, and I have finally started to actually expect them to lose, instead of win every game.

Don't get me wrong, I want them to win. I am happy when they win, but I am way over shaking with rage after soul crushing losses. You guys should join me, set yourself free, it's so much more enjoyable...

I just laughed (gallows humour)...my natural reaction, these days...the first time that happened was when Losman fumbled the ball, while trying to run the clock out on the Jets, a few years ago...I want them to win so bad, I am afraid to imagine it sometimes...I so wanted them to win this past weekend. Being an out of towner, going to a bar to watch every week, Steelers fans are close to Cowboys fans in their obnoxiousness...I would have loved to leave that bar, just once, with that smug smile on my face, telling a Steelers fan "you guys are much better than I thought..." :cry:

This is exactly what our O-Line did!

GO BILLS!!!

This was my exact reaction. I just chuckled and said "it figures...". But I loved the play call and glad we were playing to win.

I will go on record here and now that while Christie was lining up to kick it off, and a bunch of people around me high-fiving...I repeated "ITS NOT OVER" at least five times.

People on this board who bore witness to this (but proabably dont want to admit they know me personally) could back me up.

Edited by RkFast

Great Topic :lol:

I made a blood curdling scream of NOOOOOOOOOOOO while I was watching my 19 month old daughter, and her mother was in the other room and she came flying out and was like "what's wrong?". Then I looked at my daughter and she looked frightened and I felt some what embarrassed. I ended up having to explain to her the scream and promised not to do it ever again. :lol: