What did you do when Stevie dropped the TD?

UB2SF

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just laughed (gallows humour)...my natural reaction, these days...the first time that happened was when Losman fumbled the ball, while trying to run the clock out on the Jets, a few years ago...I want them to win so bad, I am afraid to imagine it sometimes...I so wanted them to win this past weekend. Being an out of towner, going to a bar to watch every week, Steelers fans are close to Cowboys fans in their obnoxiousness...I would have loved to leave that bar, just once, with that smug smile on my face, telling a Steelers fan "you guys are much better than I thought..." :cry:

I've done well recently to not get too emotionally involved in Bill's football, but sitting in a section crowded with smug Steelers fans, I wanted nothing more then to watch them leave all dejected and have to wallow all 3 hours back to Pittsburgh.

Great Topic :lol:

I made a blood curdling scream of NOOOOOOOOOOOO while I was watching my 19 month old daughter, and her mother was in the other room and she came flying out and was like "what's wrong?". Then I looked at my daughter and she looked frightened and I felt some what embarrassed. I ended up having to explain to her the scream and promised not to do it ever again. :lol:

I make it a point to never watch Bills games in front of babies or small children - no way to control the emotions and you just can't explain that type of a reaction to them (plus you don't want them picking up any new words, if you know what I mean)...

I'll start: As soon as the ball dropped to the turf, I fell off my couch, rolled across the living room floor, and wound up about 8 feet from where I started -- all the while screaming "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" My two older kids were also flopping around, covering their eyes and wailing. My two-year-old son look scared ****less by all the commotion.

After composing myself, I realized that the dropped TD was a terrible omen, and prophesized to my kids that the game was lost.

Just curious about everyone else's reactions.

ARGHH!! The only difference in my reaction to that pass from any other dropped pass is that it would have won the game. It's not like it would have won the Superbowl. Let it go . . .

(Stevie did)

I was in the other endzone. As soon as the ball hit his hands I lowered my binoculars & jumped up cheering. Then I went to high five the fans around me and the guy sitting behind me told me he dropped the ball. I couldn't believe it, I saw the ball go in his hands & I thought the game was over.

I was in the other endzone. As soon as the ball hit his hands I lowered my binoculars & jumped up cheering. Then I went to high five the fans around me and the guy sitting behind me told me he dropped the ball. I couldn't believe it, I saw the ball go in his hands & I thought the game was over.

i was listening to the radio, sorting through Christmas tree lights on my front lawn getting ready to hang 'em on the trees. i was cool, hip, figuring we weren't going to win it. i like what i see from the coaches, and have hope for next year and beyond, so iw as waiting for the inevitable. anyways, murph says..."blah blah blah...TOUCH...HE DROPPED IT".

i realize, looking back, i wasn't cool at all. i'm not hip, i live in the burbs, i'm hanging Christmas tree lights on pine trees. really, how cool can you be? i screamed literally at the top of my lungs something that might have sounded like 'snother snucker', but was actually something much, much worse. i calmed down quickly, and honestly, i may have been yelling as much because each successive string of lights had less lights actually lit up than the one just prior---and they all worked great last year.

bills fans should be spared the Christmas light syndrome, don'cha think? we do our time.

I'll start: As soon as the ball dropped to the turf, I fell off my couch, rolled across the living room floor, and wound up about 8 feet from where I started -- all the while screaming "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" My two older kids were also flopping around, covering their eyes and wailing. My two-year-old son look scared ****less by all the commotion.

After composing myself, I realized that the dropped TD was a terrible omen, and prophesized to my kids that the game was lost.

Just curious about everyone else's reactions.

The Sports Bar filled with Bill Backers errupted with cheers. Being a fan since 1964 I am conditioned to keep looking at the TV for a flag or a something odd before I can celebrate. I saw the drop and spent the next 15 to 20 seconds telling the hysterical masses that there is no TD.

Then I begged Fitz to put the ball in Freddie Jackson's hands somehow. I really think we should lean on him more when the game is on the line. That did not happen. We punted and you know the rest of the story.

Edited by Bob in STL

You guys haven't learned, apparently.

I have no reaction to any Bills' play, until at least 15 seconds after the play is over. Most good plays are overturned by penalty or an immediate mistake, mishap, or inexplicable occurrence.

I learned this the hard way after cheering and celebrating when Christie nailed the FG to put us ahead against the Titans in the playoffs. I was in the midst of actually checking what time next week's game against the Colts would be, and glanced over to see the Music City Miracle unfold before my eyes..

stomped my feet like a 2 year old so hard that they burned for about 15 minutes....left the house and ran an errand as i knew it was over. my wife just shook her head when i came back.

during that last playoff game, i was surrounded by titan fans in nashville stadium gloating about going to the next game (but i think it would've been in jacksonville). i got major payback a few minutes later.

I yelled at the TV " Oh Stevie what did you do!"

And my 10 yr old son comes running into the family room with a scared/guilty look on his face and says "what did I do?" My son's name is Steven.

Edited by Vinny4sum

When i seen fitz throwing that perfect and landed on his hand, I was like hell yea we won, then once he drop the pass. I tell myself "damn i know he must be really pis.s off right now" i didnt yell around the house and start cuzzing its useless doing that..I just feel bad for stevie.