Okay, what are we going to do with Brian Brohm?

Brohm only makes 470,000 so its okay that he's just the backup. At the end of the year nobody will want him because he will have proven nothing. We draft Andrew Luck to ride the pine behind fitzy for 1-2 years and we have to resign Brohm for peanuts as the insurance 3rd stringer for years to come.

Agree with PTR but would give Brohm a start in the last 2-3 games.

Ehhh, maybe. But if there is a chance to beat an AFC East rival would you want to set the team back with a new QB just to see what happens with Brohm? I could almost guarantee the result would be bad.

PTR

The Bills haven't seen this level of QB play since Bledsoe's 2002 year, and someone actually requests wanting to see what Brian Brohm can do. I can't even come up with a term that would do justice to this level of stupidity.

Excpet the fact for as much as Fitz has done to keep us competitive for the most part of the last 4 games, he has still commited enough terrible mistakes that have had a heavy hand in our losing all 4 games.

This statement you just said is so telling about how bad our QB situation has been. Just because its the best we have had since Bledsoe does NOT in any way mean its good enough and we should settle on it. Thats how bad its been, that everyone is in love in Fitz because he hasnt sucked nearly as much as Trent and JP and they choose to ignore how costly his mistakes are, how unbelivievable inaccurate he is at times, how even a lot of his completed passes are way off the mark (causing WR's to break off routes, dive for balls, make touch catches, drop to the ground to catch balls almost in the dirt, etc.)

This guy plays with a ton of heart and I respect how he plays out there and I am glad he is on our team. But this guy is a great backup, but too inaccurate and inconsistent to really be our long term answer. So if he isnt the long term answer, then at some point (given this season is a lost season) we need to evaluate Brohm at some point to see if he can be a starter or a backup on this team going into next year.

Edited by Alphadawg7

At this point, don't do anything. Fitz is 'the heart of the team' - albeit an 0-8 team - that first win has been tantalizingly close for weeks, and Fitz should be in there when it finally comes.

As for B2 - plenty of football to play this season. You never ever know what's going to happen with (God-forbid) injuries, or anything else - he'll get a chance to show his stuff before season's end. If he's a huge pleasant surprise, he's an RFA after the season and not likely to get any offers we can't match.

Excpet the fact for as much as Fitz has done to keep us competitive for the most part of the last 4 games, he has still commited enough terrible mistakes that have had a heavy hand in our losing all 4 games.

This statement you just said is so telling about how bad our QB situation has been. Just because its the best we have had since Bledsoe does NOT in any way mean its good enough and we should settle on it. Thats how bad its been, that everyone is in love in Fitz because he hasnt sucked nearly as much as Trent and JP and they choose to ignore how costly his mistakes are, how unbelivievable inaccurate he is at times, how even a lot of his completed passes are way off the mark (causing WR's to break off routes, dive for balls, make touch catches, drop to the ground to catch balls almost in the dirt, etc.)

This guy plays with a ton of heart and I respect how he plays out there and I am glad he is on our team. But this guy is a great backup, but too inaccurate and inconsistent to really be our long term answer. So if he isnt the long term answer, then at some point (given this season is a lost season) we need to evaluate Brohm at some point to see if he can be a starter or a backup on this team going into next year.

So how is throwing Brohm in cold going to be any better? Seriously?

PTR

Maybe the coaches, who see the kid in practice almost every day, already know brohm can't cut it so why bench a competent guy just to watch brohm get lit up?

Some of you are under the impression that just because You haven't seen enough to form an opinion of brohm it must be so for eveyone else as well, including the bills coaches and staff.

It ain't so. They know a lot more than you.

He is 7th in the league in TDs. He is 10th in yards per game. He has fewer ints than most other QBs. He completes 60% of his passes.

Yet you repeat the tired phrase "he is a great backup". What does that make the rest of the League startersthat he is outplaying? Are they all 3rd stringers, but just don't know it yet?

Brohm is really decent at holding the clipboard. Be happy about that.

He is 7th in the league in TDs. He is 10th in yards per game. He has fewer ints than most other QBs. He completes 60% of his passes.

Yet you repeat the tired phrase "he is a great backup". What does that make the rest of the League startersthat he is outplaying? Are they all 3rd stringers, but just don't know it yet?

:thumbsup:

You want to lose this team? Bench Fitz. Even though they lost every game they are playing hard to win and Fitz's leadership is a big reason.

PTR

Agreed I don't think anyone who suggests putting in brohm has ever played football. You don't bench the guy everyone knows should be the quarterback or people quit on you, give it up the guy is an unknown for a reason. Also when a qbs asked to throw the ball way more than handoff picks happen, overthrows happen, the dudes better than a backup

It doesn't appear the Bills will use him this year. I thought this year was to evaluate talent?

How can the Bills draft a QB #1 if Brian Brohm is never tested in a real game?

At some point we neeed to have a look....

Why? The team looks at the guy every day.

Maybe there is a reason he has never been tested in a "real game"? Maybe it's the same reason he was on the Packers practice squad. Maybe the coaches have been watching him,and have decided he is just a backup QB?

It would be very easy for the Bills to draft a QB with their first pick without ever seeing Brian Brohm in the locker room. What has Brohm done that you have been so impressed with?

trade for a 3rd round pick to New England?

I wouldn't trade him to NE. Plus we could get at least a 2nd round pick since he was once considered a top ten pick. Maybe The Redskins, Browns or Carolina. The all need QB help.

I know that the QB is not the only factor in wins and loses, but for 3 weeks running we had the game on the line and Fitz came up empty. He plays great for 50 mins a game but he looks like a totally different QB when the pressure is really on. He doesn't look calm at all.

I've been impressed with Fitz's play, but not enough to anoint him our starter for next year. He is at the point where he needs to be able to "will" this team to win. He has 8 games to get to that level. I say let him play it out and see for sure if he can do it or not.

The only time i'm interested in seeing Brohm is if Fitz gets injured and can't play. That's it. The only reason this team has been competitive lately is Fitz making some great plays. HAs he made the big play in the final minute to win? nope. But i really don't believe this team is even close without him. You want to see Stevie, Roscoe and Lee's production slide into oblivion, just put Brohm in the game.

It doesn't appear the Bills will use him this year. I thought this year was to evaluate talent?

Hey Jeff Brohm: Please give it a rest already. Your brother can't even hold your jock.

I wouldn't trade him to NE. Plus we could get at least a 2nd round pick since he was once considered a top ten pick. Maybe The Redskins, Browns or Carolina. The all need QB help.

If you can find a team insane enough to trade a #2 for this career 3rd string/practice squad QB--do it!

He is back down into the bottom half of the league in QB rating and falling by the week. He is undergoing a statistical correction that'll get his season stats right about in line with his underwhelming career numbers.

Everyone got all hot and bothered when he was the #2 rated QB in the NFL, but the sensible among us noted that it would change, and boy has it changed quickly.

Evaluate him by his numbers (which will be bottom third when all is said and done like always), his wins and losses (which, in case ya'll haven't noticed, Spritzy has won zero games), or his performance in key game situations (turnover machine).

But, he absolutely should start every game until his replacement is ready to step in and perform at a high level. Pining for Brohm is about the dumbest thing imaginable.

Do I fear that the coaching staff will "lose the team"? Heck no, they literally can not be worse. But still, Fitzpatrick is the way to go as we ride out this season in pursuit of the once-or-twice-a-franchise #1 overall pick.

He is back down into the bottom half of the league in QB rating and falling by the week. He is undergoing a statistical correction that'll get his season stats right about in line with his underwhelming career numbers.

Everyone got all hot and bothered when he was the #2 rated QB in the NFL, but the sensible among us noted that it would change, and boy has it changed quickly.

Evaluate him by his numbers (which will be bottom third when all is said and done like always), his wins and losses (which, in case ya'll haven't noticed, Spritzy has won zero games), or his performance in key game situations (turnover machine).

But, he absolutely should start every game until his replacement is ready to step in and perform at a high level. Pining for Brohm is about the dumbest thing imaginable.

Do I fear that the coaching staff will "lose the team"? Heck no, they literally can not be worse. But still, Fitzpatrick is the way to go as we ride out this season in pursuit of the once-or-twice-a-franchise #1 overall pick.

Opposing defenses are figuring out Chan's offense. He relies too heavily on the pass and abandons the run game all too quickly. Making Fitz much easier to defend. One-sided offenses are rarely, if ever, successful in the NFL and throwing 51 times in a game is a one-sided offense. Chan needs to stop giving up on the run the first time we don't gain 10 yards on consecutive plays.

It's mind-numbing how we can never field a competent offense and defense during the same game and how we can never seem to find any sort of consistent balance between run and pass on offense. It's been this way for years.

It's mind-numbing how we can never field a competent offense and defense during the same game and how we can never seem to find any sort of consistent balance between run and pass on offense. It's been this way for years.

Actually, for once I thought the Offense and Defense played at about the same level yesterday. Both played just well enough to win, imo. but amazingly, the Bills (bad) luck continued and they were torpedoed by the rarest of things. A blocked extra point....first one in Lindell's career. That game woulda' been 21-21 late if not for that feakish event. So i guess this week it was the special teams that failed.

Agree with PTR but would give Brohm a start in the last 2-3 games.

With all do respect, if Fitz has an above 85 QB rating, 22 or so TDs and 16 or less Int. I wouldn't give Brohm a look at s***.

He can duke it out with Levi next year for 3rd string.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

Fitz is #7 in TDs, #10 in passing yards per game. A real bum! Don't you wish we had real franchise QB's like Henne and Sanchez...who both rank in the bottom 20% in the NFL?

PTR

Once in a while, there's a QB who migrates from team to team as a backup, then gets his shot at starting in the pros and becomes a star. Rich Gannon, say. Kurt Warner. Even Doug Flutie.

For each of those guys, there are 10 guys who get cut, migrate from team to team as a backup, and get a shot starting in the pros only to prove everyone right who kept him on the bench. And dozens more who never get a chance to start in the first place.

No they don't. He is not the QB of the future and once the Bills draft one and Fitz in number two he probably

won't even be on the roster.

+1

Yep. I'm hoping for Luck and don't see Fitz as our savior, but right now I'm enjoying him taking snaps, leading this team, taking shots down the field, and trying to make his career into Kurt Warner lite. He is mobile, smart, and can make a lot of throws. He still has a chance to be our QB of the future, even though I wouldn't put money on it. Brohm moved from #3 to #2 on the depth chart after week 2. That is an important jump in practice and in the course of a season. No need to charity him any playing time while Fitz is healthy and playing well.

Opposing defenses are figuring out Chan's offense. He relies too heavily on the pass and abandons the run game all too quickly. Making Fitz much easier to defend. One-sided offenses are rarely, if ever, successful in the NFL and throwing 51 times in a game is a one-sided offense. Chan needs to stop giving up on the run the first time we don't gain 10 yards on consecutive plays.

For everything you just said the Bills could have won that game and the last three. They do need to run more. But Fitz has a knack for making great plays, but then killing the team with a crucial mistake at the worst time. Yesterday they could not run the rock though. They had to throw. Oline has to run block infinitely better than they did yesterday.

Statistical correction? You pick one stat and ignore the rest as you strain to make your point. I especially like your "evaluate his numbers later, when i think they are going to go down which will make me right" nonsense. Take a look at the records of some of the top 10 QBs.

Anyway, sure Fitz makes some mistakes. But he is hamstrung by a poor OC/HC.