Bills Vs Saints

JPicc2114

This will probably end up being a game where the Bills coulda used a wicked two-back set with both ML and FJ. Too bad Lynch got caught with a legal firearm in his trunk and didn't just brutally kill hundreds of animals or he'd be back for this one.

This will probably end up being a game where the Bills coulda used a wicked two-back set with both ML and FJ. Too bad Lynch got caught with a legal firearm in his trunk and didn't just brutally kill hundreds of animals or he'd be back for this one.

lol

This is going to be a tough game.

The Bills have got to keep Drew Brees & Co. on the sidelines, so I expect to see a lot more of handing the ball off to Fred Jackson.

They really need to get Omon in there a bit more. I know he's not the game-breaker Jackson is but, especially with the no-huddle, having a a guy who can pound the ball up the middle isn't a bad thing. Late in today's game, Omon got the ball twice and pounded 2 four yard runs. I really thought had they left him in there they could have pushed it in.

I'm not sure how he is at blocking, but Jackson is getting pounded doing so much on his own.

Frddy Jackson *IS* a wicked two-back set.

AMEN!

If anyone thinks that ML or ML+FJ will account for more yardage than FJ did yesterday.....

Anyway, even if the Bills win the TOP battle, it doesn't take long for Brees to put up 48 points, so not sure how our run game is the key.

AMEN!

If anyone thinks that ML or ML+FJ will account for more yardage than FJ did yesterday.....

Anyway, even if the Bills win the TOP battle, it doesn't take long for Brees to put up 48 points, so not sure how our run game is the key.

We've got to get a few tips or force a few mistakes from the Saints...or be lucky enough for them to force them themselves. Anything to keep points off the board for NO.

AMEN!

why shouldn't we think that? new orleans has a BAAAAAD defense.

Too true. Speaking of which, I heard that Vick's jersey has been flying off the shelves and are now on back-order. Score one for NFL marketing!

I'm definitely worried about this game.

1. Our offense CANNOT take a quarter off like it did against the Bucs.

2a. Drew Brees is a beast. Show him the blitz and he gets the ball out quick. Let him hold it he'll burn you deep. Can we get pressure with 4/5 guys and put him on the move?

2b. Drew Brees needs to stay on the sideline. We improved our TOP from week one to week two, but we still didn't have it for a majority of the game. We will need to against the saints to keep their offense off the field.

3. Greer vs. TO rematch? I was impressed with how Greer handled him in the monday night game a couple years ago. TO has lost a step and Greer has more experience.

I don't give our D much chance against their O.

Now would be a good time to huddle, or at least slow down the no-huddle.

Dammit we should be 2-0!

This.

Man, I very much could have live with 2-1 after 3 games, even if it meant starting out 2-0 and losing a home game to a very, very explosive Saints team.

If they actually pull this one off, then we will know they're on the right track and know how to game plan for an opponent. It is a home game and from what I heard Fred Jackson say after the game, thier goal is to win all the home games and to at least split the away games, that's 12-4, sounds like a good plan! :rolleyes:

The defense MUST get pressure on Brees and not let hm sit back there or he will tear the Bills apart. Even then, I'm not sure the Bills can steal this one.

The defense needs to learn to tackle on the first hit. They also need to stop this "bend but don't break crap". They are giving up way too much yardage in the middle, and when they blitz, Brees is going to eat them alive with screens and over the middle dump passes, just as Leftwich did yesterday with the TD.

McGee is playing great, and is locking them down. So is Corner, but they rest are playing them so far off, that 6+ yards per pass is going to burn us eventually.

Wish I could have seen the halftime awards, but Fox and their mouthpieces wouldn't even cut to the ceremonies.

Lucky Bills........ They get to play the New Orleans Saints next Sunday at home.......

Drew Brees just crucified the Eagles Sunday........ The previous Sunday he destroyed the Lions.

Will he make it three out of three next week?

He is a passing machine .......

Perry Fewell is going to have his hands full this week during practice devising ways to stop Brees.

Brady and the Bucs QB have torn up the Bills defense threw the air.........

The bend and break rule may not work with Brees... He has great targets with a strong offensive line to protect him when throwing. When driven out of the pocket Brees is even more dangerous.... How to stop him will be the big question.

It will be a long afternoon for the Bills next week if our defensive coordinator does not devise a plan that works........ It is really up to him to have a strong game plan. He has film he can go over with his players. He can tell them what to look for. He has strong secondary talent. The front 7 of the Bills have shown they can penetrate......

He has all week to come up with a plan along with head coach Jauron.....

The Bills are playing at home with the 12th man as their advantage. If the crowd is noisy it will help......

Jauron has a good defense. His special team unit is one of the best. The offense has shown it can run the ball and has a balanced offense with a Offensive Coordinator who knows what he is doing and doing it well....

The Bills need to come out on fire and stay that way.....That is how they will win the game.

No let downs.......or Brees will eat them alive infront of 70,000 or more people with thousands more watching on TV......

What do you think will happen next Sunday...... Can the Bills pull it off? Right now they should be 2 and 0....

haha...well said Chimp!

hopefully 'hugs and kisses' (Xavier Omon) can show he's not just a shaud williams clone for one week

I don't know about this one...

Considering the Bills make every QB look like a pro-bowler, I hope they come up with some crazy game plan for Drew Brees.

they ran up the score at home against Detroit and an Eagles team w/o McNabb where the backup QB's turnovers cost them the game. also Saints are a warm weather dome team playing outdoors in their 2nd road game in a row; they will be tired and out of their element. yes theyve scored some points but so can Bills who lead their division in that stat. if Bills win turnover battle and special teams battle i see a victory here.

The key will be how much pressure we can get on Brees. If Fewell can come up with some blitz packages to get at Brees early and often, hopefully, he won't ever have a chance to get into a rythm back there. We still have to put about 24-31 points on the board to even think about winning this game. It can be done, but our defense is going to have to come up BIG with a couple of turnovers and better defense on 3rd downs.

The key will be how much pressure we can get on Brees. If Fewell can come up with some blitz packages to get at Brees early and often, hopefully, he won't ever have a chance to get into a rythm back there. We still have to put about 24-31 points on the board to even think about winning this game. It can be done, but our defense is going to have to come up BIG with a couple of turnovers and better defense on 3rd downs.

Bills are averaging almost 29 points a game on better defenses than Saints imho. Payton's whole approach to building a team was an offensive focus thinking the rules favored that. To some extent he's right but not to the degree he's built offense at the sacrifice of defense. We can beat this team now

The way it looks now, the Saints look like the favorites to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl. Granted, they played a rebuilding 0-16 Lions team and a reeling Eagles team. With that said, no one can discredit Brees' 9 TD's in 2 games.

A lot of Bills fans can say that the Bucs are terrible and they are discrediting the Bills, but from what I've seen over the last 2 games, we're a better team than last year. It's nice to finally be scoring 20+ points a game instead of 10-13 points a game, which we've seen for how many years now. IMO, the key to beating the Saints will be having long-time consuming drives on offense and get constant pressure on Brees. If the Bills lose to the Saints, I won't be disappointed, just as the loss is within 10 points. If we get blown out, then that's a different story.

So far in the AFC East, the Bills have the most points scored (57) and most TD's (6), in the AFC the Bills are #2 in those categories (with Baltimore leading both of those categories).

Defensively the Bills will have their hands full. They should blitz to pressure Brees, but they must be methodical in their approach. Otherwise, Brees could make a lot of big plays.

On Offense, the Bills are going to have to put a big emphasis on ball control and keep the Saints offense on the sidelines. Fred Jackson again will be key to the team's success. I agree we should get Xavier Omon more involved so Jackson does'nt have to carry the load. I think it is also vital that we get Josh Reed more involved. With Evans & Owens getting so much attention, Reed should be open. Notice yesterday how the offense was moving when Reed got the ball?

The one thing the Bills can not do is get into a shootout with the Saints. At the same time, I do'nt see how the Bills can win without putting up at least 30 points on the scoreboard.

AMEN!

On both counts, retarded.

Yes ML + FJ is better than just FJ :rolleyes:

Also, you don't see how our run game could be the key? Really?

Let me just allow you to see it from a different perspective. If Brees has 35 minutes of T.O.P as opposed to 28 minutes of T.O.P in a game, in which scenario do you think he would likely put up more points?

I think T.O.P is a big key to this game, the offense can not afford to have too many 3 and outs, and the run and possession pass game will be key to achieving that. That's not to say you don't throw it down field, but it is critical for this team to try to keep the Saints off the field as much as possible and not squander any turnover opportunities.

My guess is we will have a similar game plan to what we had against the Patriots and that is the bend but not break defense and allow their team to throw the underneath stuff often and hopefully we will limit them to a lot of FG's and a few key stops and turnovers.

We will need to score at least 30 points to win this game.

Bills are averaging almost 29 points a game on better defenses than Saints imho. Payton's whole approach to building a team was an offensive focus thinking the rules favored that. To some extent he's right but not to the degree he's built offense at the sacrifice of defense. We can beat this team now

No way the Bucs defense is gawd awful and way worse than the Saints and the Pats defense is 4th in yards against and 16th in points against, whereas the Saints are 21st in yards and 22nd in points against.

The Lions D is better than the Bucs and the Eagles D is better than the Pats. Therefor the Bills have put up 29 pts per game against lesser defenses than who the Saints have played. Bills are gonna have their work cut out for them if they want to win this game.

No way the Bucs defense is gawd awful and way worse than the Saints and the Pats defense is 4th in yards against and 16th in points against, whereas the Saints are 21st in yards and 22nd in points against.

The Lions D is better than the Bucs and the Eagles D is better than the Pats. Therefor the Bills have put up 29 pts per game against lesser defenses than who the Saints have played. Bills are gonna have their work cut out for them if they want to win this game.

Good grief! Some of you people are talking like this is the 2007 Patriots coming to town this week. It's the freakin' New Orleans Saints, a team that finished 7-9 last year, as I recall. It's a very winnable game regardless how many points they ran up on the Lions and the Eagles (two teams with QBs starting their first NFL games, and neither of whom was exactly bottled up by the Saints' below average defense).

Defensively the Bills will have their hands full. They should blitz to pressure Brees, but they must be methodical in their approach. Otherwise, Brees could make a lot of big plays.

I'm conflicted about this game. I usually love an agressive D, but against the Saints it may be wise to play more of a zone and force the Saints to make long drives to score. Philly got killed by the blitz, after their D was put in bad spots by turnovers.

Good grief! Some of you people are talking like this is the 2007 Patriots coming to town this week. It's the freakin' New Orleans Saints, a team that finished 7-9 last year, as I recall. It's a very winnable game regardless how many points they ran up on the Lions and the Eagles (two teams with QBs starting their first NFL games, and neither of whom was exactly bottled up by the Saints' below average defense).

yeah really, not to dismiss them, but with all the offensive support Aints have still given up nearly 50 points on defense. so please everyone else, spare the lectures on how good their defense is relative to Bucs and Pats ... cuz they Aint

What's the record for most points scored in 3 games by one team? Have to come up with a goofy off-the-wall game plan that is just crazy enough to work. On offense, huddle up every single play and just play slow, boring, ball control offense and work the clock to death. Keep the Saints offense off the field. On defense, come up with a scheme that nobody has ever tried before. I say we play a 2-1-8 hybrid modified zone/prevent wildcat defense. Two DE's, 1 LB and 8 DB's at all times. Keep everything within 10-12 yards a play. If it takes the Saints 8-10 plays per drive, it kills clock and limits their scoring chances. Or we could go the opposite way and open up the offense. Hurry up, no-huddle, 5 WR's and Fred Jackson. Good old run and shoot. Try and win a track meet. Defense play a 0-4-7 scheme and blitz the daylights out of Brees. Could pray for a freak September Blizzard. Anyway you look at this, it will be a tough game but it should be exciting.

Optimist in me says Saints have a letdown and the Bills win 34-30

Pessimist in me says Saints light it up again- New Orleans 57-31

That is very funny, but Vick went to jail for two years...he missed just a few more games during that time period than Lynch will due to his suspension.

On both counts, retarded.

Yes ML + FJ is better than just FJ :rolleyes:

Also, you don't see how our run game could be the key? Really?

Let me just allow you to see it from a different perspective. If Brees has 35 minutes of T.O.P as opposed to 28 minutes of T.O.P in a game, in which scenario do you think he would likely put up more points?

I think T.O.P is a big key to this game, the offense can not afford to have too many 3 and outs, and the run and possession pass game will be key to achieving that. That's not to say you don't throw it down field, but it is critical for this team to try to keep the Saints off the field as much as possible and not squander any turnover opportunities.

My guess is we will have a similar game plan to what we had against the Patriots and that is the bend but not break defense and allow their team to throw the underneath stuff often and hopefully we will limit them to a lot of FG's and a few key stops and turnovers.

We will need to score at least 30 points to win this game.

Agree with 100% of that...nothing to add at all.